Forgotten Movies

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

aparadissis
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Forgotten Movies

Post by aparadissis » Mar Sun 08, 2009 11:23 am

I just had a blast from the past. While home with a sick child, I killed some time watching some old dusty movies from my collection. I never realized that The Black Hole was a Disney movie. That movie gets better with time.

What old Disney movies do you watch that the *kids* today don't know about :?:

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Mar Sun 08, 2009 1:22 pm

from what I've noticed, it's alot of the live action ones from the 50s and 60s.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Mar Sun 08, 2009 1:58 pm

I don't know about old Disney movies although I do have a few of them. For me it's the old Sci-Fi classics that I watch. My kids are sometimes amazed to realized that what they thought new movies are actually remakes and sometimes better then the new ones.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Mar Sun 08, 2009 2:59 pm

I don't have many old movies. The only ones I know we have are Escape to Witch Mountain, The Cat From Outer Space, The Love Bug, and Flight of the Navigator. I always forget Flight of the Navigator was a Disney film.

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Mar Mon 09, 2009 11:14 am

elizabethswann wrote:I don't have many old movies. The only ones I know we have are Escape to Witch Mountain, The Cat From Outer Space, The Love Bug, and Flight of the Navigator. I always forget Flight of the Navigator was a Disney film.
OMG Someone has actually heard of Flight of the Navigator? It was one of my favorite movies as a child and I still love it to this day. I even bought it on DVD. It is just one of those movies that I will always love even if I'm 50 :)
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Mar Mon 09, 2009 11:51 am

packwingfn wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:I don't have many old movies. The only ones I know we have are Escape to Witch Mountain, The Cat From Outer Space, The Love Bug, and Flight of the Navigator. I always forget Flight of the Navigator was a Disney film.
OMG Someone has actually heard of Flight of the Navigator? It was one of my favorite movies as a child and I still love it to this day. I even bought it on DVD. It is just one of those movies that I will always love even if I'm 50 :)
IT'S MY FAVORITE EVER! Ahem, all excitement aside.

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Mar Mon 09, 2009 12:05 pm

elizabethswann wrote:
packwingfn wrote:
Ok we are best friends now :)
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Mar Mon 09, 2009 12:12 pm

One of my all-time favorites is The Island At The Top of The World. That's the one where the Hyperion airship (in Disneyland Paris) is from.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Mar Mon 09, 2009 1:02 pm

elizabethswann wrote:
packwingfn wrote:
Okay, maybe it is just because we are all Disney nuts that we love this movie so much and have actually heard of it. I like, like I assume packwingfn has, concluded that I was the only person in the world who owned this movie (VHS and DVD).
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

js3901

Post by js3901 » Mar Mon 09, 2009 1:24 pm

you can tell that Flight of the Navigator is a Disney movie based on 1 scene - a girl is wearing a 1982 EPCOT CENTER t-shirt. I don't think that any other studio would feature a park owned by an opposing company...
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Mar Mon 09, 2009 3:03 pm

Flight of the Navigator is one of my all favorite movie! Can anyone name who does the voice of the ship? 8-)

Twisted sister? Who's she? :lol:

Dr. Ravenscroft
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by Dr. Ravenscroft » Mar Mon 09, 2009 4:21 pm

Flight of the Navigator is One of my favorites too. Everytime I see a twinkie I think of the ship saying "Hey Blimp-o, oink, oink, too many Twinkies"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi87lIds ... CA&index=8
[img]http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4131/userbar460642qi2.gif[/img][img]http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/5236/userbar460651xq4.gif[/img]
[img]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/7677/userbar461525mz8.gif[/img][img]http://www.disneymountainrides.com/_i/banners/bar/SR_siteadmin.gif[/img]

*****Site Admin*****
[url=http://www.twitter.com/travenscroft]twitter[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/49f5nd]plurk[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/556rz4]Flickr[/url] |

js3901

Post by js3901 » Mar Mon 09, 2009 6:51 pm

ok, I know that this is a little off topic, but this is so weird...

talking about this movie (Flight of the Navigator, that is), got me wanting to watch it again, especially when the good Dr posted that video of it. Anyways, based on Jacca's question (Who played the voice of the ship/Max?), I went on IMDb to see who else was in it, and what they're up to now. I totally forgot that Sarah Jessica Parker was in it.

anyways, while looking through the credits, I clicked Paul Ruebens' page, and found this little gem. Looks like Pee-Wee is making a come back... :D

Site Admin, WDW Freak

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Mar Mon 09, 2009 7:03 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:Flight of the Navigator is one of my all favorite movie! Can anyone name who does the voice of the ship? 8-)

Twisted sister? Who's she? :lol:
Paul Reubens, of course; aka Pee-Wee Herman and Captian Rex from Star Tours. He was uncredited with that role, little tidbit.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Mar Mon 09, 2009 7:08 pm

js3901 wrote:ok, I know that this is a little off topic, but this is so weird...

talking about this movie (Flight of the Navigator, that is), got me wanting to watch it again, especially when the good Dr posted that video of it. Anyways, based on Jacca's question (Who played the voice of the ship/Max?), I went on IMDb to see who else was in it, and what they're up to now. I totally forgot that Sarah Jessica Parker was in it.

anyways, while looking through the credits, I clicked Paul Ruebens' page, and found this little gem. Looks like Pee-Wee is making a come back... :D
You can tell it's him after he does the mind meld thing with the navigator. He does the classic Pee Wee Herman laugh.

Yes Sarah Jessica Parker is the nurse that went to the Twisted Sister concert. She had purple hair.