Forgotten Movies

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Forgotten Movies

Post by elizabethswann » Aug Mon 16, 2010 12:53 am

It killed a little bit of World of Color for me since they have one scene from Fantasia 2000 in it.

indianagirl21
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by indianagirl21 » Aug Mon 16, 2010 12:57 pm

elizabethswann wrote:It killed a little bit of World of Color for me since they have one scene from Fantasia 2000 in it.
I must of been distracted by something while watching it...

I dont remember the scene from Fantasia 2000.

what part was it? Im planning to take my sister and her friends to go see it this weekend

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Aug Mon 16, 2010 2:19 pm

indianagirl21 wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:It killed a little bit of World of Color for me since they have one scene from Fantasia 2000 in it.

what part was it? Im planning to take my sister and her friends to go see it this weekend
That green fairy/sprite thing. I get that it's gorgeous scenery and all but really? I don't care for it. I did like that they added Night on Bald Mountain and Chernabog in it, though.

indianagirl21

Post by indianagirl21 » Aug Mon 16, 2010 2:29 pm

elizabethswann wrote:
indianagirl21 wrote:

That green fairy/sprite thing. I get that it's gorgeous scenery and all but really? I don't care for it. I did like that they added Night on Bald Mountain and Chernabog in it, though.
Hmmm... I need to pay more attention next time. I missed those parts in it.

I'll definitely look out for those scenes next time :mrgreen:

BayLakeTowers

Post by BayLakeTowers » Aug Mon 16, 2010 3:51 pm

I went and saw Fantasia 2000 in the theater with my family. It turned into a $7 nap for my Father-in-Law, but I liked it. Especially the Gershwin animation.
My favorite old movie is Song of the South. I have a japanese copy. The whole thing is in English, but the songs have japanese subtitles.

-C

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Aug Mon 16, 2010 3:52 pm

BayLakeTowers wrote:I went and saw Fantasia 2000 in the theater with my family. It turned into a $7 nap for my Father-in-Law, but I liked it. Especially the Gershwin animation.
My favorite old movie is Song of the South. I have a japanese copy. The whole thing is in English, but the songs have japanese subtitles.

-C
I have the same copy! It so sad that Disney won't sell SotS in the USA! PC gone to far!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Mon 16, 2010 5:35 pm

BayLakeTowers wrote:I went and saw Fantasia 2000 in the theater with my family. It turned into a $7 nap for my Father-in-Law, but I liked it. Especially the Gershwin animation.

-C
Cool! May I ask where you got it? I've looked online but am afraid to pay very much for a bootlegged copy since I know there are probably very few legitimate copies out there...

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Aug Mon 16, 2010 6:02 pm

Amy wrote:

-C
Cool! May I ask where you got it? I've looked online but am afraid to pay very much for a bootlegged copy since I know there are probably very few legitimate copies out there...
We had a friend give us ours.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Sep Mon 20, 2010 11:40 am

The Black Cauldron. That movie is such a classic, however no one seems to ever remember it. That evil king was amazing.
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Sep Mon 20, 2010 12:59 pm

TikiTikiRoom wrote:The Black Cauldron. That movie is such a classic, however no one seems to ever remember it. That evil king was amazing.
That's one I've never seen before.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Mon 20, 2010 8:23 pm

elizabethswann wrote:
TikiTikiRoom wrote:The Black Cauldron. That movie is such a classic, however no one seems to ever remember it. That evil king was amazing.
That's one I've never seen before.
Me neither, but I think it was re-released last year.

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Sep Mon 20, 2010 9:01 pm

I'm really glad to see "Flight of the Navigator" getting so much love here. What's amazing to me is that so many think of it as being soooooooo old, when it's really not that old compared to some other classics, such as "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea."
I know "20K Leagues" was mentioned earlier, and I think Elizabethswann even provided some insight into it, but it bears repeating that it deserves a very honorable place among truly "classic" Disney movies. It was the first science fiction film produced by Walt Disney Pictures, as well as the only science-fiction film produced by Walt Disney himself. It was also the first feature-length Disney film to be distributed by Buena Vista Distribution. So it was a milestone movie in a lot of ways. Also, by the way, it just happened to have an awesome story line, and great special effects for its day. And, of course, it has an honored place among my DVD collection.... :lol:
Yeah, now I really feel old.... :roll: :lol:

TikiTikiRoom

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Sep Sat 25, 2010 4:41 pm

You guys have never seen Black Cauldron?....bummer. I highly recommend it for all you fantasy nerds.
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Sat 25, 2010 5:48 pm

I think that is a movie they wish to forget considering it was released on a 25th anniverasry DVD (no bluray) last week with no adverts. The only time it's ever been featured in a park is in Tokyo during the CInderella Castle Mystery Tour (I still have my Hero Medallion :D )

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Mon 04, 2010 2:39 pm

As far as the Fantasia 2000 discussion goes, we loved F2000!!!! The Rhapsody in Blue sequence was so well done as was the Steadfast Tin Soldier (I always loved that story). Hubby's fave is Firebird Suite (the sprite scene used in WoC) and we were both thrilled that both Fantasia movies were shown some love in the show!

I remember being scared of Black Cauldron as a kid! :shock:

It's interesting to see movies on DVD that were released as Disney movies but no longer have affiliation with the company...We have Snowball Express and The Cat from Outer Space both on DVD but not as Disney released movies.