Forgotten Movies

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

aparadissis
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by aparadissis » Mar Mon 09, 2009 8:21 pm

Interesting how this movie slipped though my net. I'll have to find a copy and watch it. The clip Dr. Ravenscroft linked to seemed very interesting. I love the classic 80's glasses and CGI. I'm a total retro head.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Mar Mon 09, 2009 8:40 pm

aparadissis wrote:Interesting how this movie slipped though my net. I'll have to find a copy and watch it. The clip Dr. Ravenscroft linked to seemed very interesting. I love the classic 80's glasses and CGI. I'm a total retro head.
Retro head? Now I just feel plain old!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Mar Mon 09, 2009 9:25 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:
aparadissis wrote:Interesting how this movie slipped though my net. I'll have to find a copy and watch it. The clip Dr. Ravenscroft linked to seemed very interesting. I love the classic 80's glasses and CGI. I'm a total retro head.
Retro head? Now I just feel plain old!
Hey, people born in 1980 will be 30 next year. Stuff from the 80s is up there with poodle skirts now. :lol:

Flight of the Navigator was a great movie. I remember seeing it in the theater... one of the first movies I remember. I would assume a lot of live action Disney movies people don't realize are Disney, amongst the older ones, since most people think Disney Classic = animated feature. And to be fair, Disney sort of markets them that way. That Darn Cat! didn't exactly get a big to-do 40th anniversary release. But then I guess a couple of the old live-actions do... like Mary Poppins. Maybe there has to be singing for it to 'rate'.
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Mar Mon 09, 2009 10:17 pm

elizabethswann wrote:Paul Reubens, of course; aka Pee-Wee Herman and Captian Rex from Star Tours. He was uncredited with that role, little tidbit.
Actually, he's credited as Paul Mall. one of the few times he's used that name...
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Mar Mon 09, 2009 11:08 pm

js3901 wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:Paul Reubens, of course; aka Pee-Wee Herman and Captian Rex from Star Tours. He was uncredited with that role, little tidbit.
Actually, he's credited as Paul Mall. one of the few times he's used that name...
Oh yes, I forgot he did it under another name!

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Mar Tue 10, 2009 7:56 pm

elizabethswann wrote:
Jacca5660 wrote:Flight of the Navigator is one of my all favorite movie! Can anyone name who does the voice of the ship? 8-)

Twisted sister? Who's she? :lol:
Paul Reubens, of course; aka Pee-Wee Herman and Captian Rex from Star Tours. He was uncredited with that role, little tidbit.
Yeah it cracks me up every time I hear HAHA from Captain Rex from Star Tours and in Flight of the Navigator.

And I totally didn't pick up on the 1982 EPCOT Shirt. I'm going to have to look for that next time I watch it (which shall be soon)
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

js3901

Post by js3901 » Mar Tue 10, 2009 8:46 pm

packwingfn wrote:And I totally didn't pick up on the 1982 EPCOT Shirt. I'm going to have to look for that next time I watch it (which shall be soon)
it's during the scene at Al's Gator Farm (see the vid that Dr. Ravenscroft posted). the girl is wearing it.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Mar Tue 10, 2009 11:33 pm

js3901 wrote:
packwingfn wrote:And I totally didn't pick up on the 1982 EPCOT Shirt. I'm going to have to look for that next time I watch it (which shall be soon)
it's during the scene at Al's Gator Farm (see the vid that Dr. Ravenscroft posted). the girl is wearing it.
Oh I totally missed the link from Dr Ravenscroft. And I never spotted that shirt on the girl before till now. I feel bad now.

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

Dr. Ravenscroft
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by Dr. Ravenscroft » Mar Wed 11, 2009 10:58 am

packwingfn wrote:
Oh I totally missed the link from Dr Ravenscroft. And I never spotted that shirt on the girl before till now. I feel bad now.
Don't feel bad, I didn't notice it until it was mentioned here.
[img]http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4131/userbar460642qi2.gif[/img][img]http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/5236/userbar460651xq4.gif[/img]
[img]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/7677/userbar461525mz8.gif[/img][img]http://www.disneymountainrides.com/_i/banners/bar/SR_siteadmin.gif[/img]

*****Site Admin*****
[url=http://www.twitter.com/travenscroft]twitter[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/49f5nd]plurk[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/556rz4]Flickr[/url] |

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Mar Wed 11, 2009 4:57 pm

Dr. Ravenscroft wrote:
packwingfn wrote:
Any places where I could buy a shirt like that online? I'm sure it goes for a lot.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Mar Wed 11, 2009 5:31 pm

packwingfn wrote:
Dr. Ravenscroft wrote:
packwingfn wrote:
Any places where I could buy a shirt like that online? I'm sure it goes for a lot.

I'm sure that "T" shirt in vintage condition would be absurdly expensive. EPCOT was just a 2 year old.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

js3901

Post by js3901 » Mar Wed 11, 2009 8:00 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:
packwingfn wrote:
Dr. Ravenscroft wrote: Don't feel bad, I didn't notice it until it was mentioned here.

I'm sure that "T" shirt in vintage condition would be absurdly expensive. EPCOT was just a 2 year old.
actually, EPCOT would have been just under 4 when that movie came out. EPCOT opened on October 1, 1982, Flight of the Navigator opened July 30, 1986. assuming that the movie was filmed in 1985, that would still make the shirt 3 years old at the point.

Site Admin, WDW Freak

Peerless83
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Peerless83 » Mar Wed 18, 2009 11:23 pm

I can not remember for the life of me what the name of the movie is..but its an older movie..and a family inherits a ski lodge from a relative...they move out of the city...and all sorts of disasters happen...if someone knows the name of the movie..I would love to know it

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Mar Wed 18, 2009 11:40 pm

Careful with the multiple postings there. My guess is that the second one is 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. That's about the only Disney movie I know that involves submarines.

You can always search through this too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_films

wdwannabe
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by wdwannabe » Mar Thu 19, 2009 9:23 am

Ok, you can hit me with a wet noodle, I've never seen Tron, Flight of the Navigator, Island at the Top of the World ( never heard of that one). Yes, it's true... Although I am a child of the yes, 70's.... Maybe I was too old at the time they came out to value there quality. So, I should watch those, let's see if Netflix has those available.........off to check.........

Have seen, Escape to Witch Mountain,(looking forward to seeing the new one) 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Parent Trap (both new and old, however I liked the old one, such charm) The Cat from Outer Space, and several of the live action that I am sure I can't remember the names of at this time.
First Family Visit
POP Century - September 2006

Second Family Visit
2013 Fall/Winter-Christmas