Are you 23?

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Are you 23?

Post by mindflipper » Jul Tue 19, 2011 12:32 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Some more info has been released for the Expo!!!
http://d23.disney.go.com/articles/07181 ... sExpo.html
Do you plan to go to that one? If so, take a TON of pics please!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Tue 19, 2011 12:38 pm

I plan on taking as many pictures as I can. The downside is that most of the arena presentations do not allow it (you have to check in your phones and cameras at the door)...but last time, they did allow cameras for Parks & Resorts. If this is the case this year, you better believe I'll be snapping away!!!! :mrgreen:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Tue 19, 2011 2:38 pm

MmeLeota wrote:I plan on taking as many pictures as I can. The downside is that most of the arena presentations do not allow it (you have to check in your phones and cameras at the door)...but last time, they did allow cameras for Parks & Resorts. If this is the case this year, you better believe I'll be snapping away!!!! :mrgreen:
Hmmmmmm, ever thought about buying a spy camera? :wink:

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Jul Wed 20, 2011 2:42 pm

This is just random but the title of the thread is amusing me because I WILL be 23 next month. Maybe now I can join! :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 20, 2011 3:37 pm

elizabethswann wrote:This is just random but the title of the thread is amusing me because I WILL be 23 next month. Maybe now I can join! :lol:
I'm sure if you pony up the money, they will let you join! You could tell them you are 23 and see if they'll give you a discount ;)

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Wed 20, 2011 8:23 pm

elizabethswann wrote:This is just random but the title of the thread is amusing me because I WILL be 23 next month. Maybe now I can join! :lol:
Happy advanced birthday, elizabethswann! However, I don't think that will get you a free D23 membership... :( :wink: :mickey:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Thu 04, 2011 6:45 pm

The latest D23 for the Fall 2011 just came in the mail today. It's all about WDW's 40th, and has articles about the history of WDW, WDW extinct attractions, and one of my favorite by-gone restaurants - the Empress Lily. It also comes with 1 (of 7) patches featuring a land/attraction from the original park map from opening date. Keep an eye on the mail box....

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Thu 04, 2011 6:58 pm

We won't be getting ours for a while since we just renewed. But I saw a picture of the available patches and am definitely going to keep an eye out at the Expo for the set. I figure since the Epcot patches were so popular, they will probably sell another set of the WDW 40th. (I hope)

Speaking of the expo, since I haven't really been keeping up on it here (been too busy on twitter), I've included a link to the D23 Expo site where all the latest info is. The current schedule is the page I have the link opening to...

http://d23.disney.go.com/expo/schedule- ... index.html

As more and more is posted, I'm getting more and more frustrated as there are so many things I'd like to do but they all overlap! Oh well...I'd rather have too much to choose from than not enough. There will be plenty of "plan B's" (and "plan C's" for that matter...).

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 04, 2011 7:33 pm

I got an email from D23 saying that they had neglected to send out email renewal reminders and I am eligible for renewal without losing any benefits. Now I am wondering if I should renew? I wasn't overly sad when I hadn't renewed but now I have a second chance to keep my "charter member" status. What to do?!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Fri 05, 2011 6:24 pm

Amy wrote:I got an email from D23 saying that they had neglected to send out email renewal reminders and I am eligible for renewal without losing any benefits. Now I am wondering if I should renew? I wasn't overly sad when I hadn't renewed but now I have a second chance to keep my "charter member" status. What to do?!
They've been trying to get more events outside of CA and FL...there have been a few in Chicago....the sip and stroll event is in October and you have an AP collecting dust....you know you wanna renew.... :twisted: :wink:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Fri 05, 2011 9:16 pm

MmeLeota wrote:
Amy wrote:I got an email from D23 saying that they had neglected to send out email renewal reminders and I am eligible for renewal without losing any benefits. Now I am wondering if I should renew? I wasn't overly sad when I hadn't renewed but now I have a second chance to keep my "charter member" status. What to do?!
They've been trying to get more events outside of CA and FL...there have been a few in Chicago....the sip and stroll event is in October and you have an AP collecting dust....you know you wanna renew.... :twisted: :wink:
I can't tell if you're sitting on Amy's shoulder with a harp and halo or horns and a pitchfork... :shock: :? :lol:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Fri 05, 2011 9:19 pm

mindflipper wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:
I can't tell if you're sitting on Amy's shoulder with a harp and halo or horns and a pitchfork... :shock: :? :lol:
Depends on how she looks at it, I guess...
She purposely didn't renew, but now has a second chance to. I guess it's a bit of both! :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sat 06, 2011 12:01 am

mindflipper wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:Depends on how she looks at it, I guess...
She purposely didn't renew, but now has a second chance to. I guess it's a bit of both! :lol:
Yeah, I guess I'll look at the email more carefully tomorrow and remind myself of how much it costs for a year. For no more than I have looked at the magazine this first year or two, I'm leaning toward letting it lapse. I'm not sure the magazine will ever be very collectible and the goodies that come with it aren't that enticing to me :roll:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 11, 2011 3:21 pm

The Disney Food blog had an excellent article on the food choices available at the D23 expo this year. If you're planning on going, you might want to check it out...here is the link http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/08/0 ... -d23-expo/

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Thu 11, 2011 7:24 pm

I can't believe they took away some of the dining options! Now the lines are going to be totally out of control!!!
We still won't leave the convention center though...we will plan accordingly for food.