Are you 23?

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: Are you 23?

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Sun 18, 2013 2:00 pm

We got home from the D23 Expo earlier this week. I tried to tweet from the Expo as much as possible. Between the battery draining and having connectivity issues :? I couldn't share as much as I would have liked to. But I am working fervently on our blog posts! I have completed 2 so far, but there's lots more to come! With over 2500 pictures to sort through and several videos to clean up, it will be a process...add on top the fact that I'm having to turn around and pack for a 10-day trip home, and having to make sure there's food prepared for Cbog40 (he's not the cook of the family) while I'm gone. *sigh*
But the first 2 blog posts are posted (the link to the blog is in my signature if you're interested) and I'm hoping to get more done while back home since I should have some down time.
I guess it's better late than never, huh?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sun 18, 2013 3:20 pm

Off to read the first couple of blog posts now :D Hope all goes well for your Mom with her surgery...and hopefully you leave enough food so Cbog40 doesn't starve ;) Our friend was just mentioning how there should be something like ManChow for ladies to leave for their husbands when they have to be away during mealtimes :lol:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Wed 16, 2014 3:07 pm

It's Fanniversary time again! For anyone who isn't familiar with this Disney road trip (of sorts), it is a cross-country tour and celebration of various milestones within the Walt Disney Company. Last year celebrated the 90th anniversary of the company.

Information regarding this year's event as well as the touring schedule is located here: http://thishappyplace.wordpress.com/201 ... sary-time/

If the tour is coming to a town near you, check it out. Though the tickets for this event are advertised for Gold and Silver D23 members, tickets will be (if still available) be opened to the public after a particular date.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 16, 2014 8:55 pm

MmeLeota wrote:It's Fanniversary time again! For anyone who isn't familiar with this Disney road trip (of sorts), it is a cross-country tour and celebration of various milestones within the Walt Disney Company. Last year celebrated the 90th anniversary of the company.

Information regarding this year's event as well as the touring schedule is located here: http://thishappyplace.wordpress.com/201 ... sary-time/

If the tour is coming to a town near you, check it out. Though the tickets for this event are advertised for Gold and Silver D23 members, tickets will be (if still available) be opened to the public after a particular date.
Cool ~ thanks for the info! Wish the D23 exhibit in Chicago had been extended just long enough for me to see both of these in the same trip!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Wed 23, 2014 9:16 am

Amy wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:It's Fanniversary time again! For anyone who isn't familiar with this Disney road trip (of sorts), it is a cross-country tour and celebration of various milestones within the Walt Disney Company. Last year celebrated the 90th anniversary of the company.

Cool ~ thanks for the info! Wish the D23 exhibit in Chicago had been extended just long enough for me to see both of these in the same trip!
"When you wish upon a star..."

Your wish came true, Amy!

The exhibit has been extended through January 4, 2015
http://thishappyplace.wordpress.com/201 ... r-chicago/
http://thishappyplace.wordpress.com/201 ... o-chicago/

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 23, 2014 1:37 pm

Cool! Ok, now I'll actually have to see about making it to Chicago during that weekend!