Disney Backs out of 3rd Narnia flick

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Blackie Pueblo
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Blackie Pueblo » Jan Sun 11, 2009 9:31 am

horizons1 wrote:This does spare us from being exposed to another lame Narnia walkthru "attraction" at DHS.
Anyone seen Pollyana? horizons1's statement made me laugh and think of this classic movie. Lets play the glad game! I'm glad there won't be another DHS walk thru attraction.

Gymfan15
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by Gymfan15 » Jan Thu 29, 2009 12:08 am

BREAKING NEWS:

It has JUST been reported that Fox has picked up the option to produce and distribute the rest of the Narnia films. It's what we (Narnia fans) have expected, since Fox and Walden are pretty closely connected. We're worried because Fox tends to muff any adaptions they make, but hopefully Walden and the C.S. Lewis Estate can be firm and make a success out of this.

No offense to the Disney-can-do-no-wrong group out there, but I am really hoping that VodT is a great success, not only because I'm a huge Narnia fan, but because Narnia did not deserve to be treated so unconcernedly by Disney, and it deserves a company that cares about it.
[img]http://i44.tinypic.com/r76ikm.jpg[/img]
- Spareoom.net
Your place for everything Narnia!

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Jan Thu 29, 2009 2:46 am

Gymfan15 wrote:BREAKING NEWS:

It has JUST been reported that Fox has picked up the option to produce and distribute the rest of the Narnia films. It's what we (Narnia fans) have expected, since Fox and Walden are pretty closely connected. We're worried because Fox tends to muff any adaptions they make, but hopefully Walden and the C.S. Lewis Estate can be firm and make a success out of this.

No offense to the Disney-can-do-no-wrong group out there, but I am really hoping that VodT is a great success, not only because I'm a huge Narnia fan, but because Narnia did not deserve to be treated so unconcernedly by Disney, and it deserves a company that cares about it.
Well...I hope that Fox stays true to how the previous two were and keep the original cast. I would like to see the remainder of the films though I need to read the books prior to all this. Here's to hoping that they do a good job with the films!

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Jan Thu 29, 2009 4:26 am

Good to hear that someone's picking it up. It'll be interesting to see what they do with the franchise. Hopefully something positive.
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » Jan Thu 29, 2009 12:22 pm

I just saw Prince Caspian and I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would (I recall this book being very slow). I'm glad Walden is determined to create them all. If they were able to make Prince Caspian enjoyable, the rest should be a piece of cake. I'm especially looking forward to the final two books.

I do have a question though, it's been a while since I read Prince Caspian... did they alter the storyline at all? I thoght I remmebered the events happening in a different order or Aslan coming sooner or something. THere just seemed to be something different about. Not in a bad way, as I relly enjoyed the movie anyway even though I didn't think I would.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jan Thu 29, 2009 2:58 pm

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/f ... -narnia-3/

There's a link to it. Let's hope they'll get a script down first and then talk of a budget before we'll be able to see them green-light this. So far the ones who have played Caspian, Edmund and Lucy are returning so that's a good thing to hear.

Gymfan15

Post by Gymfan15 » Jan Fri 30, 2009 3:57 pm

Cheshire Cat wrote:I just saw Prince Caspian and I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would (I recall this book being very slow). I'm glad Walden is determined to create them all. If they were able to make Prince Caspian enjoyable, the rest should be a piece of cake. I'm especially looking forward to the final two books.

I do have a question though, it's been a while since I read Prince Caspian... did they alter the storyline at all? I thoght I remmebered the events happening in a different order or Aslan coming sooner or something. THere just seemed to be something different about. Not in a bad way, as I relly enjoyed the movie anyway even though I didn't think I would.
Yes, PC was very much altered. Anyone who's read the book knows that it's not very cinematic...a huge chunk of it is a flashback, which really doesn't work in a movie. In addition to re-arranging the timeline a LOT, they also added some things that are hinted at in the book, or are simply not in there at all. A lot of chopping and changing done, but surprisingly enough if you ask the hardcore book fans what they think about PC, they're more happy with it than LWW, because the main theme of PC is preserved in the movie, where as in LWW it's not as strong as it is in the book.
- Spareoom.net

jenjolt

Post by jenjolt » Feb Thu 19, 2009 7:38 am

I'm also disappointed that there will not a be a third Narnia! I wasn't the biggest fan of the second one, but then again I didn't like the second book much either!! However all that said I am a huge CS Lewis fan and I had really hoped to see the series continue to film from Disney! Although I'm excited to see what Fox will do with it!!
[img]http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp4/jenjolt/haunted-mansion1.gif[/img]
[img]http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp4/jenjolt/great-movie-ride2.gif[/img]
[img]http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp4/jenjolt/epcot2.gif[/img]

Gymfan15

Post by Gymfan15 » Feb Thu 19, 2009 3:07 pm

Well, there WILL be a third Narnia movie; it just won't be through Disney. I, too, had hoped that Disney would see the series through; mostly because I wanted to see what Narnia stuff they could put in the parks. They had a Jadis meet-and-greet for the first movie, a Prince Caspian pre-parade for the second and I know that DHS had an exhibit/attraction for both movies. There was even talk of a 3-D movie replacing Muppitvision 3-D in DCA...won't happen now. It's a shame, for sure.
- Spareoom.net

Peerless83
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Peerless83 » Mar Thu 19, 2009 6:16 am

I actually liked both Narnia movies...I think its a shame that Disney is not staying aboard...maybe they shouldnt have gone up against the dark knight and the new indiana jones movies...so its really disney's own fault that they didnt make the money that could have probably made if they would have waited until thanksgiving/christmas time