How much Disney music do you own?

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Future Guy
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

How much Disney music do you own?

Post by Future Guy » Dec Tue 02, 2008 4:55 pm

I was organizing the music on my computer and my iPod the other day and realized that I have over four hours of Disney park music. Subsonic has all the tracks I have, of course, but I'm not always at a computer :) I even arranged my music into a giant playlist that's organized in roughly the same order that you'd hear the music if you were actually walking through WDW.

Has anyone else done anything like this?

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Dec Tue 02, 2008 5:08 pm

According to my iPod I have 147 Disney tracks on it. Not sure how many hours that is...but it's probably a few. I don't have some of my favorites from Subsonic though like Horizons, Wishes, Space Mountain, etc. I wish I had them...but I guess that's one of the things that draws me back to this website every day!

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » Dec Tue 02, 2008 5:11 pm

9 hours... but I just lost everything due to a desktop crash :-(, I think I have about 4 hours safely on my mp3 player...

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Dec Tue 02, 2008 5:32 pm

Well, I keep downloading more tracks off of Frostwire (because I am too poor to go purchase the actual CDs) but I did recently download A Musical History of Disneyland off a torrent site. Yes, I know, I illegally download, shhh. :| But in my iTunes, I have about 6.7 hours though I have more to import.

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Dec Tue 02, 2008 8:08 pm

According to my WMP Disney Park Playlist, I have 101 hours of Disney park music. No, I am not obsessed!
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Future Guy

Post by Future Guy » Dec Tue 02, 2008 8:31 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:According to my iPod I have 147 Disney tracks on it. Not sure how many hours that is...but it's probably a few. I don't have some of my favorites from Subsonic though like Horizons, Wishes, Space Mountain, etc. I wish I had them...but I guess that's one of the things that draws me back to this website every day!
There's some great EPCOT Center stuff here, including all the Horizons tracks you could want: http://horizons1.com/media.htm And it's entirely legal as far as I know. At least, the site has been up for a couple years at least, and if Disney felt there was any infringement they would have shut them down by now.

bluebayougirl
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by bluebayougirl » Dec Tue 02, 2008 9:55 pm

Currently I have 206 disney tracks on my ipod - good for really long driving trips :) - blue
You say wicked - like it's a bad thing!

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Dec Tue 02, 2008 10:02 pm

I have ~ 8 hours of Disney Parks music on my ipod, mostly in the form of hour-ish long background loops. There's a lot more on one of the portable hard drives around here. My ipod's too small for it all. :oops:
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Dec Wed 03, 2008 5:44 pm

I have 1237 tracks.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

slylandro
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by slylandro » Dec Wed 03, 2008 6:24 pm

I own 4 CD

-Epcot : Illumination reflexion of earth CD
-The 4 parks one music CD
-Disney classic Volume II
-Wall-E soundtrack (INCREDIBLE 0_o)

for the rest I listen to subsonic until the end of the year where my allowed money for cd will restart to the starting value (150$ a year).

Beside that I got nearly 100 cd's
'' It is kind of fun to do the impossible'' Walt Disney

'' He said that it all started by a mouse, I say it all started by a man and his dream'' Julie Andrew in One Man Dream

MagicKingdom Fairy89
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by MagicKingdom Fairy89 » Dec Thu 04, 2008 8:12 am

I have 3 hours worth of disney park music, but have an additional 4 hours of disney music from movies and shows etc.
'Just Believe and Your Dreams Will Come True' - Disney Dreams come True Parade

sherabby
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by sherabby » Dec Thu 04, 2008 8:26 am

I don't have an Ipod but I have way too many cd sets to count that are Disney World and Disney Parks.
[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1251097102.jpg[/img]

cap396
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by cap396 » Dec Thu 04, 2008 8:31 am

Why buy the music when you can listen to the tracks on Subsonic for free? The only advantage to owning them that I can see is that it lets you listen to the tracks on an mp3 player when you want vs. waiting for your requested track on the queue. For me, it's not worth the money to purchase the tracks when Subsonic has everything I want to listen to. I bought the Musical History of Disneyland CD set before I discovered Subsonic. Other than that, I don't own any Disney music.

billville
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by billville » Dec Thu 04, 2008 11:56 am

Im not sure what this equates to in hours but I have roughly 8gb worth of music stored in to my 80gb zune. Im still working on the tag info for WDW as i must have all my music organized. It makes for browsing much easier when youre driving. :mrgreen:
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/3774/userbar506533aa1.gif[/img][/url]

"Now remember, magnifying glasses are for looking at little things.......not for burning little things. See Ya!!!"

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Dec Thu 04, 2008 2:32 pm

cap396 wrote:Why buy the music when you can listen to the tracks on Subsonic for free? The only advantage to owning them that I can see is that it lets you listen to the tracks on an mp3 player when you want vs. waiting for your requested track on the queue. For me, it's not worth the money to purchase the tracks when Subsonic has everything I want to listen to. I bought the Musical History of Disneyland CD set before I discovered Subsonic. Other than that, I don't own any Disney music.
Not just mp3 players, but in the car, during school, at work (my job blocks the stream from Subsonic), in church, at the movies, Thanksgiving dinner with the in-laws, etc.
agingerbugg wrote:Accoding to my WMP Disney Park Playlist, I have 101 house of Disney Park music.
Okay, well this got me actually thinking about the music on my computer, I haven't actually gone through and organized it, so I sat down the other day and tentatively organized it. I have a lot of music that repeats or different versions of the same music. I have removed the repeated music and I have 78 hours of Disney park music. Of course this also includes all the individual tracks for attractions too, not just ride-throughs for instance, I have a copy of every sound file made for the Haunted Mansion individually and also compiled into the finished product.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin