Where would you build?

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

SWHorn
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by SWHorn » Jul Tue 17, 2007 4:22 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:Would we have to get peso's??
You can't possibly imagine how tired I am of hearing this stuff.
No fear hath ye of evil curses, says you.
Arrrrrr.
Properly warned ye be, says I.

FlatlandMounty
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by FlatlandMounty » Jul Wed 18, 2007 12:23 am

Texas is the only logical answer. Weather is a big factor into where Disney Builds...so is available space. Texas has a lot of unused land, and its winter's are less harsh than areas such as NY and PA. It also splits the difference between CA and FL.

I would love to see an entire theme park built on the idea of Main Street USA. Back in time, a more simple time, where everything is slowed down. You could even bring back some classic rides with the theme.

The other point is the hotel franchise. Disney has Disney stores all over America. There are Hilton's in every major city....why aren't there Disney brand Hotels in Chicago, NY, Detroit, LA, San Fran, Pittsburgh, etc. Disney employees. Maybe a character dining. (Or themed dining if you don't want characters because of the appeal of travel) Vacation Planning, and then you have a bigger reason to join DVC...Just think, now you buy into DVC and get reward points when you travel anywhere!

Esmeralda
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Esmeralda » Jul Wed 18, 2007 8:30 am

Much as I'd love to have a park closer to home (in the midwest), at this point I'd prefer Disney really focused in on improving what they've got. DCA needs some serious upgrading and it would be great to see new attractions for all ages at MGM and Animal Kingdom.
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Jul Wed 18, 2007 9:45 am

FlatlandMounty wrote:Texas is the only logical answer. Weather is a big factor into where Disney Builds...so is available space. Texas has a lot of unused land, and its winter's are less harsh than areas such as NY and PA. It also splits the difference between CA and FL.

I would love to see an entire theme park built on the idea of Main Street USA. Back in time, a more simple time, where everything is slowed down. You could even bring back some classic rides with the theme.

The other point is the hotel franchise. Disney has Disney stores all over America. There are Hilton's in every major city....why aren't there Disney brand Hotels in Chicago, NY, Detroit, LA, San Fran, Pittsburgh, etc. Disney employees. Maybe a character dining. (Or themed dining if you don't want characters because of the appeal of travel) Vacation Planning, and then you have a bigger reason to join DVC...Just think, now you buy into DVC and get reward points when you travel anywhere!
First point, weather has no real bearing on theme parks anymore. Just look at Tokyo Disney, or Disneyland Paris. It snows in both places Also, Walt and Company searched around the US (including Niagara Falls NY) before settling on Florida.

as for the hotels, I believe there's a thread somewhere that goes into a little plan that Disney may have going about building/buying hotels around the country and making them Disney hotels, much like we see at the parks now. If I'm not much mistaken, the plan is to have these hotels up and running by like 2012 or something...
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jul Wed 18, 2007 9:56 am

js3901 wrote:
FlatlandMounty wrote:Texas is the only logical answer. Weather is a big factor into where Disney Builds...so is available space. Texas has a lot of unused land, and its winter's are less harsh than areas such as NY and PA. It also splits the difference between CA and FL.

First point, weather has no real bearing on theme parks anymore. Just look at Tokyo Disney, or Disneyland Paris. It snows in both places Also, Walt and Company searched around the US (including Niagara Falls NY) before settling on Florida.

as for the hotels, I believe there's a thread somewhere that goes into a little plan that Disney may have going about building/buying hotels around the country and making them Disney hotels, much like we see at the parks now. If I'm not much mistaken, the plan is to have these hotels up and running by like 2012 or something...
COOL!! You'll be able to stay Disney no matter where you are.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » Jul Wed 18, 2007 10:29 am

The reason I originally said PA and NY was because its snows :roll: . That way us Disney fans in the US would be able to see Cinderella Castle with snow. And those regions would cover the northern US. In Texas, it's right in between the existing parks. That wouldn't help anyone very much, including Disney.

billville
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by billville » Aug Wed 22, 2007 11:40 am

Im thinking out of the country...how about Australia? Theres plenty of land out there, its a popular tourist destination, a whole mess-load of ideas and themes can come out of it, and that would place Disney on another continent. They have the great barrier reef, the outback, and the sydney opera house (as starters) to expand upon for theming. This would just make going to Australia even better, especially having to endure that entirely too long plane flight. I think it would be a good idea!
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/3774/userbar506533aa1.gif[/img][/url]

"Now remember, magnifying glasses are for looking at little things.......not for burning little things. See Ya!!!"

xinho
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by xinho » Aug Wed 22, 2007 5:45 pm

Spain.

Thus I don't have to spend as much money to go a Disney park. Besides I would go more often as is logical.

I know that it's impossible, but to dream ... :mickey:

Joe90

Post by Joe90 » Aug Thu 23, 2007 1:42 pm

India,

Lots of people, great climate and a part of the world that is a long long way from any other Disney park. It would also give me just one more reason to go visit India :D .
"We live in a society absolutely dependent on science and technology and yet have cleverly arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. " Carl Sagan

SWHorn

Post by SWHorn » Aug Thu 23, 2007 4:03 pm

Cheshire Cat wrote:In Texas, it's right in between the existing parks. That wouldn't help anyone very much, including Disney.
I respectfully disagree, and not just because I live in Texas. ;) I think if there were to be another Disney park in America, it would need to be located in the central US, as the other two parks are basically on each coast. What benefit would there be in having another US park located near one of the existing ones?

They could go with somewhere like Chicago, but I honestly believe that the weather would be a factor. For the same reasons the Superbowl and NCAA major bowl games are held in the Southern portions of the US, the two existing Disney parks are located in Florida and California. Main Street may look super cool all dressed up in snow, but what's not going to help Disney very much is people not showing up in the winter. Weather matters.
No fear hath ye of evil curses, says you.
Arrrrrr.
Properly warned ye be, says I.

Croaker
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Croaker » Aug Thu 23, 2007 4:31 pm

someone mentioned Missouri. not a bad idea. i would want to go further west though, perhaps southern Colorado.
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]

CDAbleson
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by CDAbleson » Aug Tue 28, 2007 7:13 am

I think they will continue to look at major growth/money markets, outside of the US......Dubai is interesting, as are some more cities in the Far East......

blinkereye123
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by blinkereye123 » Sep Tue 04, 2007 5:49 pm

Hi folks. This is going to sound a little bit odd to some people but for some reason I've always had my eye on Nebraska; it's much closer to classic 'middle America' as some people say plus it does have alot of available land the company could use and upgrade as necessary as well as a much more stable infrastructure than some other states that could welcome a new yet familiar enterprise. The park itself could be a compendium of certain Disney concepts that haven't gotten a fair shake as of yet. Everything from rides to whole lands could be restructured to accomodate a somewhat smaller yet more even terrain. As for the international scene here's another weird idea: Canada; the land is plentiful, the economy is up and look at it this way; with its bi-cultural make-up you could actually get the best of both the American parks as well as EuroDisney all in one shot. Anyway before I really get into trouble I sign off now. Until later, peace.