Meet The Robinsons

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

slotofkit
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Meet The Robinsons

Post by slotofkit » Apr Wed 04, 2007 11:38 pm

Since I didn't find a post, I thought I'd start one on the new movie.

I just saw it yesterday in Disney Digital 3D and I liked it! Definitely not in the best lineup of Disney movies they've offered, I liked it much more than Chicken Little and Dinosaur, some of the other two computer animated movies Disney's done.

The story was somewhat unique as a tale of finding family and a tribute to Walt Disney's own thinking of always looking forward. My brother and I found many parts hilarious too.

The only complaint I have, which doesn't make it one of the best, is it's a bit schizophrenic. That meaning, there's a lot of characters involved at one point and they all come in rather fast and crazy.

Overall, this is a movie that I hope gets more support than some of the more recent Disney movies. I especially liked the Bowler Hat Guy as a villain.

But I'd love to hear what others have to say!
--------------------------------------------
"It's a tribute to all nations but mostly America"
-Sam the Eagle
Muppet Vision 3D

FlatlandMounty
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by FlatlandMounty » Apr Thu 05, 2007 8:34 am

I loved the movie, but it was a tad predictable. I knew about 90% of the plot before it started, and the other 10% about 1/3 of the way in. But sometimes its fun to watch a movie where you can predict the plot twists, it makes you feel good about yourself.

bbowen13
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by bbowen13 » Apr Thu 05, 2007 3:51 pm

I thought the movie was o.k. It just didn't hold my attention as well as some of the others. I like that they have it in 3D and hope they do more movies that way. I also liked that they tied Walt into the movie and had the Donald Duck cartoon at the beginning that was also in 3D. :donald:

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » Apr Fri 06, 2007 11:13 am

We loved it - crazy, spastic and overall a really great storyline (even if it was predictable). And LOVE the Rob Thomas song at the end.
Steve Baker ~ Travel Consultant :mickey3:
Steve.Baker@themagicforless.com
Affiliated with The Magic for Less
www.themagicforless.com

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4199/userbar517512ps8.gif[/img][/url]

kronk's angel

Post by kronk's angel » Apr Mon 09, 2007 6:10 am

Very good film. Strong, engaging theme and great design. Fun for all ages.
No, no... He's got a point.

Esmeralda
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Esmeralda » Apr Mon 09, 2007 7:28 pm

Our newspaper only gave it two out of four stars, but with these reviews I'm more intrigued. Maybe I'll go when it hits the cheap theatres.
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

slotofkit

Post by slotofkit » Apr Tue 10, 2007 12:40 pm

Our newspaper gave it 3 out of 4, and I looked on Rottentomatoes.com and it was given a very high rating there. I, again, really liked it! I'm trying to coax some people into seeing it so I can see it again, and not alone, of course!
-Sam the Eagle
Muppet Vision 3D

yoyoflamingo
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by yoyoflamingo » Apr Wed 11, 2007 4:19 pm

I really enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. It definitely has the spirit of a Disney film, which is something that seems to be lacking lately.

ericpabear
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by ericpabear » Apr Wed 11, 2007 8:33 pm

My family and I saw the movie in 3D. We enjoyed it. I didn't think I would, just didn't look good. I decided to see it anyway. After watching awhile, I forgot it was in 3D.

broncoflyer8912
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by broncoflyer8912 » Apr Fri 13, 2007 1:20 pm

I finally saw it today, after waiting a couple of weeks to try and find someone to go with me, I failed. So I ended up going by myself, which was fine.

The movie itself I had really been looking forward to, ever since I saw the trailers, for some reason the story really appealed to me and plus I can never not support a Disney movie, so I had really high hopes for it. I loved the Donald Duck cartoon at the beginning, I remember seeing that when I was young, and it was one of the reasons that Donald is one of my all time favorite Disney characters. I also loved how I instantly remembered the jingle at the start..."whose the guy with all the bad luck?? No one but Donald Duck!" Now to the movie, I have to say the 3D aspect of the movie was really cool, definitely made it seem more life like by having it. To me the story wasn't as predictable as previous posters have said, maybe thats because I wasn't watching it trying to guess what was going to happen next, I just was soaking it all in. I felt it was a heartwarming tale, and that it really was worth the money I spent to see it. There were a lot of funny scenes in it, and I liked the Tom Selleck gag and how he ended up doing the voice for Cornelius. Then the Walt Disney quote at the end of the movie, really tied everything together and I thought that this was one of Disney's (non-Pixar) best movies as of late, and hopefully this is a trend that they will start to take with their upcoming features. I definitely give it 4 stars out of 4 and highly recommend it to anyone, especially anyone who loves Walt Disney and everything he has created!

-Matt
Sometimes the bluest part of the sky seems so far away from us, I guess thats what keeps us striving for it...
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/8092/userbar517363if3.gif[/img][/url]

slotofkit

Post by slotofkit » Apr Fri 13, 2007 1:27 pm

broncoflyer8912 wrote:and I liked the Tom Selleck gag and how he ended up doing the voice for Cornelius.

-Matt
Awww! You gave the funniest gag away! But that's okay.

My brother and I have been trying to keep it a secret gag to people we tell about the movie because we thought it was hilarious, but needed to be revealed. When we saw it in the credits we couldn't stop laughing, and especially that we laughed hard when they used his picture in the movie.
-Sam the Eagle
Muppet Vision 3D

trekty
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by trekty » Apr Fri 13, 2007 2:03 pm

My mom is a HUGH Tom Selleck fan, and she didn't recongize his voice! That was a really old picture of him though way back from the Magnum P.I. days
Nancie
Any day above ground is a good one

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Apr Thu 19, 2007 8:48 am

I saw it last weekend, and loved it. I really enjoyed all the references to Walt in the movie. And I too was/am a big Tom Selleck fan. Loved Magnum PI in those short shorts......ha ha ha
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

ambiguity123
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by ambiguity123 » Apr Fri 20, 2007 5:45 pm

My wife and I saw it on opening day. We thought it was a 4 out of 5 or 7 out of 10. We also saw it in 3D, which was really neat. I loved how they didn't "stoop to any cheap 3D tricks." In fact, we thought it made the story more engaging. It did get a little annoying if it was something that was supposed to be close to you, it was hard to focus on. However, it didn't happen too much. The music was okay, but I really wish they had Alan Menken do the music rather than Danny Elfman (although Elfman is quite good as well) mostly because I like Menken a lot.

Overall, it was good, and we may buy it on DVD when it comes out.
DisneyBakers

acp
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Location: Formerly Disney-MGM Studios, now Cheshire, England.

Post by acp » Apr Fri 20, 2007 6:11 pm

I saw this tonight in Manchester, in 3D. I liked it :)

The references to Walt were quite nice, particularly the quote at the very end. One of their better non pixar animated film offerings in recent years, methinks.

I gave up reattaching the arm to my 3D glasses halfway through, though and wore them with just one. They managed to stay put. :roll:

Andy.
Subsonic Radio Admin and former Walt Disney World Cast Member

Subsonic Radio Player for Windows (Latest version: 1.8.5 - More info)

Disneyland Paris: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Walt Disney World: 2006, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2019
Tokyo Disney Resort: 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
Hong Kong Disneyland: 2016, 2017
Shanghai Disneyland: 2018