DISNEY CHANNEL>>> bring back wwd

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

golfnut925
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

DISNEY CHANNEL>>> bring back wwd

Post by golfnut925 » Aug Wed 30, 2006 1:05 pm

Last night i was sittin at the edge of my bed thinking why dont they have the " Wonderfull World of Disney" on TV anymore??!! so i think we should come together and see if we cant get it back on tv again but this time update it. find a great host and go to different parts of the resort and give the viewers a new look and a little history of new and old attractions shows and restaraunts. Many of you remember the episodes of tv stars touring the haunted mansion and even pirates of the carribean. how fun would it be to see new stars going threw the new and improved attractions?! well it may seem silly but it was just an idea i had last night.
a dream is a wish your heart makes

knedeau
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by knedeau » Aug Wed 30, 2006 1:13 pm

Well....... It was a good idea. It used to be a nice hour for family on Sunday Nights. They don't have a lot of "family programming" anywhere anymore... Things that the the whole clan looked forward to watching together.
"Hey, Look at that guy in the Goofy Mask!" "That's not a mask!" "Oh... Sorry Lady!"

SimonTemplar
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by SimonTemplar » Aug Wed 30, 2006 1:46 pm

Great idea!! I wish there was more on tv that our family could watch together, and that would be the perfect fit. I remember watching " Wonderfull World of Disney" on Sunday nights as well when I was younger.

In fact, my kids have enjoyed watching my dvds of Davey Crockett (part of the Walt Disney Treasures series) over the past few weeks. I know this has been discussed on another thread, but I wish The Disney Channel would include some of the old classic Disney programming at least on the weekends. I could be wrong, but I think kids today would enjoy it as well.

:mickey3:
"Here in Florida, we have something special we never enjoyed at Disneyland...the blessing of size. There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and plans we can possibly imagine." ~ Walt Disney

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Aug Wed 30, 2006 4:06 pm

I have often wondered the same thing why Wonderful World of Disney is no longer on TV. It was a highlight of the Sunday evenings for us! Guess they had to make room for all of the "reality shows" on nowadays :roll: I have such great memories of Walt telling us about what we were getting ready to watch. I can picture him standing in his office as though it was yesterday........

I would love to see it back on TV. Does anyone know off the top of your heads if Disney has an "official" place we can call or write to ask these things? I am sure if I searched long enough on their website I could find something. Voices/signatures in number are way more effective I think.

TVLand (I think) has been having Daniel Boone reruns lately and I was watching Fess Parker (Daniel) and thinking why doesn't someone bring back more family programming. I am sick of Desperate Housewives type shows. I know sex sells but come on, I am soooo tired of this. Call me an ole fogey, that's fine! I would watch vintage Disney any day of the week.

Keep me posted I will participate in something.
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » Aug Wed 30, 2006 5:39 pm

Is it on DVD? We hardly ever watch tv programs these days, but we watch old shows on DVD a lot!
Steve Baker ~ Travel Consultant :mickey3:
Steve.Baker@themagicforless.com
Affiliated with The Magic for Less
www.themagicforless.com

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4199/userbar517512ps8.gif[/img][/url]

Blackie Pueblo
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Blackie Pueblo » Sep Sat 02, 2006 8:40 am

It's amazing that the so many Disney fans feel the same. I too have always thought the Disney Channel has so much potenial that is just going to waste. I agree bring back the Wonderful World of Disney.

If not even that why not have a talk show or something right in Disney. There are so many stories and interviews they could do. Why isn't the Disney Channel used to help show the magic of what Walt created? It would be great publicity.

Why not shows on Walt's life? The animators lives? Why not do a show on the first couple of days of Disney World or Land etc?

Why not show a lot of the older movies? Disney owns them, show 'em! Why not show that "The Top Ten Must See Things At Disney" that they play in the hotel rooms? The Disney channel is a tool that is sitting there rusting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.newlineagefilms.com

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Sep Sat 02, 2006 10:03 am

I used to love watching Dumbo's Circus on the Disney Channel. That was back when they were still a pay cable channel (like HBO) back in the early 80s
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

csquare77

Post by csquare77 » Sep Tue 05, 2006 10:48 am

js3901 wrote:I used to love watching Dumbo's Circus on the Disney Channel. That was back when they were still a pay cable channel (like HBO) back in the early 80s
Yah me too, nothing like rescue rangers and duck tales, all the classics

Blackie Pueblo

Post by Blackie Pueblo » Sep Tue 05, 2006 12:35 pm

Why can't they bring back the classic cartoons like Rescue Rangers and DarkWing Duck? I mean, they own it right? Why not show them on their channel?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Short films and entertainment news http://www.newlineagefilms.com

csquare77

Post by csquare77 » Sep Wed 06, 2006 4:04 pm

When I was younger we had the disney channel and then our cable company made it a pay channel. Then when free cable week came there was always a celebration.

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Sep Thu 07, 2006 8:35 am

Blackie Pueblo wrote:Why can't they bring back the classic cartoons like Rescue Rangers and DarkWing Duck? I mean, they own it right? Why not show them on their channel?
I loved to watch Rescue Rangers :lol:
I thought that once the Disney Channel started (back when you had to pay to get it as someone else previously mentioned) that it would have alot of the classic Disney movies and all the stuff we used to see on Wonderful World of Disney, but I was wrong. I know for awhile the Hallmark Channel was running tons of Old Classic Disney, like Polyanna, The Ugly Daschound (sp?), That Darn Cat (with Dean Jones), The Apple Dumpling Gang, etc. It was great! They are on to something else now and not Disney.

BRING BACK WWD!! :D
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

knedeau

Post by knedeau » Sep Thu 07, 2006 10:22 am

Maybe Disney should create a new channel. JUST FOR DISNEY MOVIES AND CLASSIC CARTOONS! I'd pay for that!

:mickey:
"Hey, Look at that guy in the Goofy Mask!" "That's not a mask!" "Oh... Sorry Lady!"

Disney_Freak
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

I Remember When.......

Post by Disney_Freak » Sep Fri 08, 2006 7:13 pm

I Loved The Wondefull World of Disney. I Remember The Old Disney Channel That Would Play WWD and Zorro they always showed old disney cartoons and the old disney movies like the apple dumpling gang they sould make a disney channel classic just how it used to be...man i miss that stuff.
"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
-Walt Disney

golfnut925

Post by golfnut925 » Oct Tue 10, 2006 1:04 pm

all you guys are awsome in supporting me. i really think we should come together some how and see if we cant contact the disney channel in some way to get our shows back even if the dont show it till late night ide stay up. lets see if we can get our past time back on tv.
a dream is a wish your heart makes

kronk's angel

Post by kronk's angel » Oct Fri 13, 2006 5:49 am

I think a lot of eighties cartoons got moved to ToonDisney channel, didn't they?

I loved the late night Vault Disney on the regular Disney Channel, with movies like the "Computer Who Wore Tennis Shoes," "Sammy the Seal," or old WWoD episodes and specials, like the Osmonds and Kurt Russell visit the new Haunted Mansion, etc. We taped a bunch of shows and my kids just loved them.

I suspect the slower pacing did them in, I guess. :(

Now it's just more Raven re-runs :evil: where the only real interest seems to be how they try to disguise her weight issues. Pathetic. But at least its not Boy Meets World.
No, no... He's got a point.