Disney shower curtains

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Disney shower curtains

Post by Amy » Feb Sun 26, 2017 10:22 pm

We've never had a need for a shower curtain as we've never had a shower in a bathtub. That will be changing soon with some renovations to an existing bathroom in order to do more extensive work on the shower in the other full bath. So I get to look for an awesome shower curtain. I'm seeing a lot of options online, with wildly varying prices. Does anyone currently have a shower curtain that they love and would recommend? I looked at fabric as well and it looks like it would cost almost as much to purchase material and make one as it would to buy one already made. And I'm not really a sewer so there is that obstacle as well ;) Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Disney shower curtains

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Mon 27, 2017 11:16 pm

I think the term is "Seamstress"...

Try etsy if you want Disney shower curtains
https://www.etsy.com/search?ref=auto1&a ... ship_to=US

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Tue 28, 2017 7:26 am

Wizzard419 wrote:I think the term is "Seamstress"...

Try etsy if you want Disney shower curtains
https://www.etsy.com/search?ref=auto1&a ... ship_to=US
:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm even further off from being a seamstress ;)
Thanks for the link ~ etsy has some cute ones ~ a lot more expensive than the ones I had been finding so far. Will continue the search. No rush as the project has been pushed back at least a week or two now

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Feb Tue 28, 2017 8:57 am

Not sure what Disney theme you're interested in, but maybe you could get a solid color or stripe or something simple, buy a yard or two of a fun Disney print fabric, and use fusible web to appliqué the characters on. No sewing! The ladies at the fabric store will tell you how to use the fusible web.

Or, you could put bands of the fabric at the top and bottom of a solid curtain the same way, or with the machine. Very simple, straight seams. Cut your strip to the length and width you want plus a half inch. Use an iron to turn a quarter inch under on all edges, pin in place, and stitch close to the crease.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Tue 28, 2017 8:44 pm

cy1229 wrote:Not sure what Disney theme you're interested in, but maybe you could get a solid color or stripe or something simple, buy a yard or two of a fun Disney print fabric, and use fusible web to appliqué the characters on. No sewing! The ladies at the fabric store will tell you how to use the fusible web.

Or, you could put bands of the fabric at the top and bottom of a solid curtain the same way, or with the machine. Very simple, straight seams. Cut your strip to the length and width you want plus a half inch. Use an iron to turn a quarter inch under on all edges, pin in place, and stitch close to the crease.
Ooo, that sounds like it might work. They have some really cute ones online, including replicas of the park maps, but they are sooooo expensive!

ValianDash
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by ValianDash » Jan Thu 25, 2018 2:34 am

"Ooo, that sounds like it might work. They have some really cute ones online, including replicas of the park maps, but they are sooooo expensive!"
Wow! I might have to check that out as well. :shock: