The Return of Subsonic Fantasy Football

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: The Return of Subsonic Fantasy Football

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 27, 2014 1:47 pm

Oh shoot ~ oh well, we shall see. I had my first waiver denied because when I dropped my guy who is out for the season already with an injury I added someone and I got a message saying I couldn't have him because I would have too many players. Not sure what happened as I thought I had saved the change when I dropped him, and when I picked up the other guy it said I had an empty spot for him. And then when I went to fix it he was gone, apparently snapped up by someone else already :( So I have a third choice for a DB. We shall see what happens with him. Hopefully he will have a good season!

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Aug Thu 28, 2014 1:21 pm

Yahoo sports felt it necessary to grade my draft, and to tell me that I got a D.

Seriously, it's one of two kinds of people doing that. Those with way too much time on their hands, or those who program computers to do things that are unnecessarily and also have way too much time on their hands.

Hmph. :(
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 28, 2014 9:29 pm

cy1229 wrote:Yahoo sports felt it necessary to grade my draft, and to tell me that I got a D.

Seriously, it's one of two kinds of people doing that. Those with way too much time on their hands, or those who program computers to do things that are unnecessarily and also have way too much time on their hands.

Hmph. :(
A "D"? Really? I thought you had some really good picks ~ and definitely a few of the guys I wanted! Oh well, you can always blame your stepson! Now get out there and show them what a "D"ang fine team you assembled! But maybe don't beat my team, ok? Thanks :D
Going to have to sit and read the rest of those report cards sometime over the weekend ~ kinda interesting, but agreed, someone has toooooo much time on their hands :roll: :lol:

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Aug Fri 29, 2014 8:30 am

I did make some good picks. And so did everyone else, because I had to keep going back and finding someone else to draft! :lol:

I don't really care. I'm in this for the fun social interaction and to watch Len get his competitive juice flowing. :) and to beat Jacca. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Fri 29, 2014 8:45 am

cy1229 wrote:I did make some good picks. And so did everyone else, because I had to keep going back and finding someone else to draft! :lol:

I don't really care. I'm in this for the fun social interaction and to watch Len get his competitive juice flowing. :) and to beat Jacca. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, it is definitely all about the fun for me too :D As for beating Jacca, I see he got a "D" as well, so seems you are pretty evenly matched ;) :lol:

Metalfan
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Metalfan » Sep Mon 29, 2014 1:41 pm

Best of luck everyone in this!

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Sep Mon 29, 2014 1:55 pm

I got a severe beating yesterday. Crikey.

I'm the type to make my picks, then stick with them as much as possible unless there's an injury or something, much like the regular teams must. In light of that, I'm dumping the New Orleans defense first chance I get tomorrow.

In the trash.

Done.

Rotten stinkin' low down dirty...
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Mon 29, 2014 7:57 pm

You're doing pretty good overall though cy1229 ~ my team has been sinking and sinking in the standings :(

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Tue 02, 2014 9:04 pm

Dang Len ~ you certainly did some damage to my team this week. Very lucky and grateful to have made the playoffs! Good luck everyone :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Tue 09, 2014 11:33 am

Well, my team fought a good fight this week but ended up a few points short. I will be happy with 8th place with a team that just couldn't seem to stop being injured or have other problems. Good luck to the 4 remaining in the playoffs!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Dec Sat 27, 2014 1:02 am

Here's the message sent out to the league as season six has come to a close.
Hello everyone,

Hope you all had a great holiday! It's amazing to think that season six of the Subsonic Radio Fantasy Football League is in the books. I would like to congratulate my dad, Darth Maulers, for winning this year. He takes home the bragging rights, that will make this a long 8 months until the next draft for me. Eric came in second and John took third. To everyone else, myself included, there is always next year! I have already set the league to automatically renew for the seventh season in 2015! Now for some housekeeping to wrap up the season:

Setting Lineups: As I had mentioned in a prior email/announcements, I am looking to keep this league both fun and competitive. In order to maintain an adequate level of competition, it requires every manager taking just a few minutes each week to set a line up. I don't care when you make your changes, I just ask that you put forth a full roster and not one with injured players or lots of players on bye week. It creates unfair matches and to me takes away a lot of the fun in the league. Yahoo does allow me to see when a manager was last active making changes and I know who those managers were. Changes will be made for next year to try and prevent this scenario from happening again.

Scoring/Setting changes: If you want to see a change in any of the scoring categories, league settings, or roster positions, please let me know. I always enjoy making small changes to keep the league fresh and entertaining.

Theme: After two years with Villains, it is time for something else. I am open to all suggestions! Remember the theme has to be Disney and all team names MUST meet that theme.

That should cover just about everything for now. Thank you to everyone for playing and we will see you next year for season seven!

See ya real soon,
Len
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Sat 27, 2014 10:26 am

Thanks for taking the reins again this year Len ~ it was fun. I had a great start but the injured players really did hurt me this year.
I vote for a theme of Attractions :D

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Jan Sat 03, 2015 6:56 pm

Amy wrote:Thanks for taking the reins again this year Len ~ it was fun. I had a great start but the injured players really did hurt me this year.
I vote for a theme of Attractions :D
That's a good theme... Or defunct attractions...
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Apr Thu 30, 2015 10:25 pm

Looks like the 2015 Fantasy Football league registration has opened up. I went ahead and renewed the league. There will be some changes this year. I am asking that you set a line-up for each week. I can track who has been on throughout the season and who has not managed at all. It may sound a bit mean, but I want the league to be fun, fair, and competitive. All I am asking is for 5-10 minutes of your time once a week. This year's theme will be Disney Attractions so make sure your team name ties into an attraction somehow...

Finally, there will be 2 open slots for anyone interested.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Fri 01, 2015 5:05 am

Oooo, I got an email yesterday about the league from Yahoo ~ let the games begin!