Creative Disney Crafting

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

mjmcsl4me
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Re: Creative Disney Crafting

Post by mjmcsl4me » Jun Fri 29, 2012 12:01 pm

Great stuff on here and I'm just a few pages in! Can't wait to see all of these creative ideas! Thanks Amy for the info on this thread!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Fri 29, 2012 5:09 pm

mjmcsl4me wrote:Great stuff on here and I'm just a few pages in! Can't wait to see all of these creative ideas! Thanks Amy for the info on this thread!
It's what I do...it's what I live for ;) :lol: glad you're enjoying it :D

mjmcsl4me

Post by mjmcsl4me » Jul Sun 01, 2012 8:28 pm

Amy wrote:
mjmcsl4me wrote:Great stuff on here and I'm just a few pages in! Can't wait to see all of these creative ideas! Thanks Amy for the info on this thread!
Maybe someday I will make some of these ideas...a part of my world :wink: :ariel:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sun 01, 2012 9:30 pm

mjmcsl4me wrote:
Amy wrote:
Maybe someday I will make some of these ideas...a part of my world :wink: :ariel:
:lol: Good one! :lol:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Sep Thu 06, 2012 6:47 pm

Slowly but surely we've been working on decorating our place to represent our Disney nerdness. But I have run into a road block. I am in need of some WDW park maps for a few craft projects that I hope will work out. If we had thought about this idea sooner, we would have picked up several in January, however since we had just moved in, there had not been any discussion on decor. I've looked on eBay, but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for.

If possible, we're looking for at least 3-4 maps of each park...or as many as possible. One will likely be framed and the others used in other forms (depending how many we can get...we've got a ton of ideas, but not sure how many we will be able to do). If anyone can help out with this, I would be willing to pay for the shipping. :) It would be cheaper than buying several auctions through eBay.

Thanks!

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Sep Fri 07, 2012 10:12 am

I have a bunch, PM me your address and I'll put them in the mail, no problem. In fact I will be there in 3 months, so if anyone wants any maps just let me know I will get a bunch and send them, I would happily donate a couple of stamps and an envelope to add some pixie dust to someone's day!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Sep Fri 07, 2012 3:43 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Slowly but surely we've been working on decorating our place to represent our Disney nerdness. But I have run into a road block. I am in need of some WDW park maps for a few craft projects that I hope will work out. If we had thought about this idea sooner, we would have picked up several in January, however since we had just moved in, there had not been any discussion on decor. I've looked on eBay, but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for.

If possible, we're looking for at least 3-4 maps of each park...or as many as possible. One will likely be framed and the others used in other forms (depending how many we can get...we've got a ton of ideas, but not sure how many we will be able to do). If anyone can help out with this, I would be willing to pay for the shipping. :) It would be cheaper than buying several auctions through eBay.

Thanks!
OMG I'll totally pick up whatever you want! Let me know, and when we go next month I'll do the grab and drop them in the snail mail.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Sep Fri 07, 2012 5:08 pm

Thank you all for your tips and offers!!!! :D I'm really starting to get excited about these projects!!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Fri 07, 2012 7:33 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Thank you all for your tips and offers!!!! :D I'm really starting to get excited about these projects!!!!
You'll have to remember to snap some photos to share :D

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Sep Fri 07, 2012 8:35 pm

Amy wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:Thank you all for your tips and offers!!!! :D I'm really starting to get excited about these projects!!!!
You'll have to remember to snap some photos to share :D
Most definitely!

phantomkeys
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by phantomkeys » Sep Mon 10, 2012 12:04 am

I totally am in the process of doing a photo transfer onto canvas! I feel so crafty doing it! I was able to take a picture of the Tower of Terror in Hollywood Studios, and was able to make it black and white! My roommate was able to show me how to use a gel meduim to transfer the ink onto the canvas. It has to sit overnight, but then, tomorrow morning, it will look glorious!!
I really like the idea about the Mickey Pin Shadow Box! I think if I had the skills and patience for that I would totally do it!! :D
And this is my first evening on Subsonic, so please bear with me as I putz around the site :)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Mon 10, 2012 7:12 am

phantomkeys wrote:I totally am in the process of doing a photo transfer onto canvas! I feel so crafty doing it! I was able to take a picture of the Tower of Terror in Hollywood Studios, and was able to make it black and white! My roommate was able to show me how to use a gel meduim to transfer the ink onto the canvas. It has to sit overnight, but then, tomorrow morning, it will look glorious!!
I really like the idea about the Mickey Pin Shadow Box! I think if I had the skills and patience for that I would totally do it!! :D
And this is my first evening on Subsonic, so please bear with me as I putz around the site :)
That sounds very cool pahtomkeys ~ you'll have to snap a photo and share it here when you get it all finished. Welcome! :hm_ghost:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Sep Mon 10, 2012 3:40 pm

Welcome phantomkeys! That sounds like an interesting project!!!!

figmentaholic
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by figmentaholic » Sep Thu 13, 2012 10:38 am

phantomkeys wrote:I totally am in the process of doing a photo transfer onto canvas! I feel so crafty doing it! I was able to take a picture of the Tower of Terror in Hollywood Studios, and was able to make it black and white! My roommate was able to show me how to use a gel meduim to transfer the ink onto the canvas. It has to sit overnight, but then, tomorrow morning, it will look glorious!!

Got any pics in progress? I am REALLY interested in how this is going to turn out. I am thinking of trying this.
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3377/3256433787_87963f58e0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x147/sandwich_boy_photos/epcot.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/figment.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/dreamfinder-fan.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3386/3256432811_caa1112463.jpg[/img][/url]

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Sep Fri 14, 2012 10:13 am

figmentaholic wrote:

Got any pics in progress? I am REALLY interested in how this is going to turn out. I am thinking of trying this.
Mouskedittos
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016