Favourite Disney spot

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Mar Wed 26, 2008 7:19 pm

Spaceship Earth. And as long as my room has a view I might as well have a monorail station attached too.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

jcat2312
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by jcat2312 » Apr Tue 01, 2008 11:59 am

My spot would be the grounds at Port Orleans Riverside. I love that resort and can't wait to get back there next year....

luv2cthemouse
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by luv2cthemouse » Apr Tue 15, 2008 6:01 pm

WDW, up in the castle, looking at Main Street.

RREng77

Post by RREng77 » Apr Wed 16, 2008 7:39 pm

jcat2312 wrote:My spot would be the grounds at Port Orleans Riverside. I love that resort and can't wait to get back there next year....
I'm so there - that was my first on-property experience at WDW, and still my favorite.

If I had to pick another place right now, it would be the Concourse Steakhouse ( :( ) watching the monorail roll by...
To do the improbable, we first have to dream the impossible.

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/7058/userbar646708dw8.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/3340/userbar646714dx9.gif[/img][/url]

Mupsy90
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Mupsy90 » Apr Wed 16, 2008 8:43 pm

stinoi wrote:While the savanna view is nice, I think I'd prefer to be in my hammock on the beach at the Polynesian watching the fireworks at MK.

That experience was one of the most relaxing of my life. It took a lot of convincing to get me out of the hammock too!
i agree! :D those hammocks are so comfortable and relaxing! this is easily my favorite spot!

Croaker
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Croaker » Apr Thu 17, 2008 10:22 am

standing on Liberty Taverns front porch looking towards Splash Mountain. Occasionaly the river boat passing by and the screams carrying across the water from splash mountian
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]

SWHorn
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by SWHorn » Apr Thu 17, 2008 10:27 am

Riding the TTA...anywhere in Tomorrowland.

Sitting with my Dole Whip looking out at Adventureland.
No fear hath ye of evil curses, says you.
Arrrrrr.
Properly warned ye be, says I.

Croaker

Post by Croaker » Apr Thu 17, 2008 10:56 am

SWHorn wrote:
Sitting with my Dole Whip looking out at Adventureland.
that was what i was going to put but all i could picture in my head was the fence next to the pirate ride where you can enter to get fast access (long story involves autism and special needs). laugh

although this has inspired me to take a camcorder and my tripod...set up a stationary position for 15 min during extra hours morning and record one set position for that length of time. hmmmmm could be cool. We'll see. if i get to do it i'll share
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]

Calypso
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Calypso » Apr Thu 17, 2008 11:35 am

Great, but difficult question. I would have to say World Showcase.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Apr Mon 21, 2008 10:46 am

I sat here for a bit knowing that I had a favorite place to sit at Disneyland. But, the timing has to be just right. It's when we need a bite to eat and it's not too busy. This would be at the Hungry Bear restaurant in Disneyland's Critter Country. There is seating all the way in the back and it's usually quiet and peaceful. With all the trees there, it's cool as well. Two other perks are that the Steam Train goes right by there not more then 10 feet away. You can wave to the guests and it's fun to see their faces light up when doing so. The other is the opposite of the Steam Train. This would be the Columbia or Mark Twain. Waving to those people is fun as well.

Sigh, I've been sitting at the location since high school (over 15 years ago) and think about the antics my high school buddies and I used to get into at Disneyland. Those chairs at the Hungry Bear are metal made to look like wood and we would sit on them backwards, hold the back rest, and rock them around causing said rocker to spin in a circle. The good ol' days.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

Sleeping Beauty 5
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Sleeping Beauty 5 » Apr Mon 21, 2008 2:51 pm

Sometimes my favorite place is in Port Orlean's Riverside's lounge listening to Bob pound on the piano

bluebayougirl
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by bluebayougirl » May Thu 01, 2008 1:47 pm

Sitting by the fountain in New Orleans Square, looking toward the Haunted Mansion :) - blue
You say wicked - like it's a bad thing!

WVParkfan
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by WVParkfan » May Fri 02, 2008 7:08 am

How about having your house on an island in the middle of the World Showcase Lake? Each morning you could look out a different window of your house and be able to see a different country in the WS. And every night, you'd have the best view of Illuminations (might get a little warm, though, when they have the big explosions).
April, 1998 Coronado Springs
April, 2001 Coronado Springs
January, 2004 All-Star Sports
July, 2005 Caribbean Beach Resort
April, 2006 Pop Century
December, 2006 All-Star Sports
March, 2008 All-Star Movies
April, 2009 All-Star Music
August, 2010 Disney's Swan Resort
August, 2014 Off Property - Caribe Royale

csquare77

Post by csquare77 » May Fri 02, 2008 2:56 pm

Over by World of Motion, where the monorail track goes over head. While the sun is setting.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » May Tue 06, 2008 7:33 pm

(carried over from the other thread)
My favorite spot...all over. However, there is one place that is always extremely special to me for some reason. It is the Walt Disney World sign that you drive under when you enter onto Disney property. The happy feeling that one sign evokes is just amazing because it signifies that you are back and the next week or so will be extremely magical!

As for inside, the World of Disney. This store is just so amazing that you can spend all day looking at everything Mickey Mouse.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"