Free Tron Legacy Imax Preview Tickets

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Free Tron Legacy Imax Preview Tickets

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Wed 20, 2010 10:59 pm

They probably shouldn't have told everyone exactly how to get the tickets and then publish the list. The only thing you need is a valid ID so that they can be sure you're on the list. They didn't even take down your address or any other info.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Thu 21, 2010 6:27 am

Wizzard419 wrote:They probably shouldn't have told everyone exactly how to get the tickets and then publish the list. The only thing you need is a valid ID so that they can be sure you're on the list. They didn't even take down your address or any other info.
I wouldn't think many people would be that excited about going that they would resort to subterfuge to get in...but I could be wrong.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Oct Thu 21, 2010 2:32 pm

Amy wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:They probably shouldn't have told everyone exactly how to get the tickets and then publish the list. The only thing you need is a valid ID so that they can be sure you're on the list. They didn't even take down your address or any other info.
I wouldn't think many people would be that excited about going that they would resort to subterfuge to get in...but I could be wrong.
Who WOULDN'T get excited about free tickets? :wink:

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Thu 21, 2010 4:41 pm

There were several locations available in Houston, but the only one that wasn't sold out by the time we heard about it was on a day and time when we couldn't go. Oh well. :?

Subterfuge to gain tickets?! How un-Disney-like! Shame, shame! :shock: :wink: 8-)

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Thu 21, 2010 11:35 pm

Amy wrote:
People died for $400 laptops, I think a lie to get past the bouncer at a party is well within the acceptable limit.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Fri 22, 2010 6:29 am

Wizzard419 wrote:
Amy wrote:
People died for $400 laptops, I think a lie to get past the bouncer at a party is well within the acceptable limit.
I guess I can see your point :( Just a sad sort of world where people would do that :(

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Oct Fri 22, 2010 9:03 am

It's funny, I never thought it was a big deal or would get "sold out" when I got the tickets. I saw the link and looked at my calendar, and seriously, I never have any open time, but next Thursday night was open for me so I thought, ok why not go, it might be fun.

But the funny thing is I signed up for a ticket for me on my e-mail, one for my son on his email, and for my daughter on her email. So I though I had 3 tickets to go in. But after reading the ticket, each ticket is for 2 people, so I have now 6 tickets really. I think my son is going to bring a friend and my daughter will bring her boyfriend, so we should have a big group.

There is a ticket at the top of the page and this is what it says on the bottom of the page "ticket":

IMPORTANT TRON NIGHT INSTRUCTIONS

THIS YOUR TICKET.

PRINT THIS PAGE OUT AND BRING IT ALONG WITH A VALID PHOTO ID TO THE DESIGNATED THEATER ON THURSDAY, OCT. 28.

WHEN TO ARRIVE:
To ensure getting your seats, YOU MUST BE IN LINE with a print out of this ticket and valid photo identification -
at least ONE HOUR PRIOR TO SHOWTIME.

Once your ticket and ID have been checked against the theatre’s list for verification, you will be given a wristband for you and your guest for entry.

IF YOU ARE NOT IN LINE AN HOUR BEFORE SHOWTIME YOUR SEATS WILL BE GIVEN AWAY TO GUESTS WAITING IN THE STANDBY LINE.
Theatre is overbooked to ensure capacity. ARRIVE EARLY, seating is on a first come, first serve basis. This pass DOES NOT guarantee admission and must be surrendered upon demand. No one will be admitted without a ticket or after the screening begins. Issuer reserves the right to refuse, revoke or limit admission in its sole discretion at any time. Admission constitutes consent for issuer to photograph and record bearer, and to use the likeness of bearer for any purpose whatsoever without payment.

Each theater will have a separate standby line for fans who missed getting tickets through the website. Waiting in the standby line does not guarantee entry in any way. The number of standby seats at each theater will depend on the number of unclaimed seats one hour prior to showtime.

RECORDING DEVICES OF ANY KIND ARE NOT ALLOWED
This screening will be monitored for unauthorized recording. By attending, you agree not to bring any recording device into the venue and you consent to physical search of your belongings and person for recording devices. If you attempt to enter with a recording device, you will be denied admission. If you attempt to use a recording device, you consent to your immediate removal from the theatre and forfeiture of the device. Unauthorized recording will be reported to law enforcement and may subject you to criminal and civil liability. NOT FOR RESALE.

I will report back next week... I am looking forward to going. I loved TRON when it first came out, so cool, so futuristic. I hope the new movie does the original justice.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Oct Fri 22, 2010 12:57 pm

Let us know how it is! I just recently watched Tron earlier this week since I've never seen it before and now I'm looking forward to the sequel.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Fri 22, 2010 1:38 pm

elizabethswann wrote:Let us know how it is! I just recently watched Tron earlier this week since I've never seen it before and now I'm looking forward to the sequel.
What would have been cool as the sequel is coming out would have to been to re-do the original with all new computer graphics and in 3D to boot....

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Fri 22, 2010 1:48 pm

mindflipper wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:Let us know how it is! I just recently watched Tron earlier this week since I've never seen it before and now I'm looking forward to the sequel.
What would have been cool as the sequel is coming out would have to been to re-do the original with all new computer graphics and in 3D to boot....
I think they avoided doing that because nerds had/have enough problems with Lucas doing that. :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Fri 22, 2010 3:04 pm

Wow cousininmiami, those are a lot of rules! Sounds like you will have a fun time though :D You'll have to let us know how it was...

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Fri 22, 2010 3:44 pm

Yeah, they oversold all the theaters so get there early. Rumor has it that you shouldn't have too much trouble if you're in standby since the last time they did it very few of the registered people actually showed up and there was confusion by many people where they thought it was for a single ticket not a pair and ended up snagging several pairs by accident.

Just remember, leave your phones at home/in the car. I have a feeling they are going to do a search of everyone since they really do not want it leaked on the net.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Sat 23, 2010 11:09 am

Wizzard419 wrote:
mindflipper wrote:
I think they avoided doing that because nerds had/have enough problems with Lucas doing that. :D
Frankly, I had no problems with Lucas doing it. It cleaned up some bads in Ep 4, cleared up a major plot flaw in the end of Ep 5, improved Ep 6 but needed to do far more to clean up some of the bad, bad special effects still left in that film (such as Luke fighting the monster in dungeon pit, the dessert ship sequence, Ewok battle scenes, etc.).

I think the first Tron would crisper and sharper if it was re-done using today's superior computer graphics. It looks soooo radio shack.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Sat 23, 2010 11:41 am

Yeah, they can improve the visuals drastically but some of the nerds treat all those older films like they should never be touched, altered, etc. (Read only settings) and that any attempt would be like trying to edit a holy book. :D

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Sat 23, 2010 11:44 am

I think one of the reasons they haven't touched Tron is because of the quality of the original. I don't think there is much to work with. Although they can do so much now, it might help it some. Tron used to be one of my favorite movies. I guess I'm one of those nerds/geeks y'all are talking about! How can you be a jock and a nerd/geek? Smart jock = oxymoron!! I ain't no ox moron!! ;+>