3D Beauty and the Beast in 2010

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

rodders
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by rodders » Feb Wed 04, 2009 8:50 am

I'm looking forward to it. I hope that they get the mix just right but I have a feeling that they will.
1980, 2000, 2005 and 2008 all had plenty of magic. Hoping for a bit more in 2010.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Sep Sun 06, 2009 9:06 pm

Beauty and Beast 3D? Why not? It will be an interesting experiment to see how it looks. As long as they don't change the film too drastically...

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Sep Mon 07, 2009 1:12 am

I'm finding that I really like 3-D when done in the new Real-D version...it makes you a part of the movie, rather than the movie coming off the screen to you.

I am looking forward to the 3-D versions of B&B as well as TS 1&2 (I hope to see the preview of B&B at the expo next week. I will miss out on the screenings of TS 1&2 though)

skull
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by skull » Sep Mon 07, 2009 6:25 am

annafab wrote:Nooooooooo! I'm mainly upset because I thought they were just "taking it out of the vault" in 2010! I missed out on the last time they released in on DVD because my parents thought I was joking when I asked for it for Christmas.

I wouldn't be surprised if they released this in both 3d, and normal. I too am looking forward to the re-release of this. I've been collecting all the feature lenght disney animation movies in DVD format... I have 3 left to get. Beauty and the Beast, Snow White, and The Black Cauldron.
[img]http://www.adamandshannan.info/skull/skullsm.jpg[/img]

Moviemaker137
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Moviemaker137 » Sep Wed 23, 2009 10:45 am

I honestly think this "3D" isn't necessarily a way for Disney to make quick money, but they are realizing there is a whole generation of children that have never gotten the chance to experience these fine movies in a theater setting. and the reason they put them into "3D" form - is really because they already know they have the 2D DVD formats out - 3D is a new way for families and children to get a brand new experience for their favorite films.

I don't see any problem with the "3D" movies, and in fact, I'm in favor of them - if they're done in the right way of course. Meet the Robinsons was great in 3D, but it was also as good in 2D on DVD. I am definitely probably going to go see the Toy Story Double Feature in a few weeks, and I'll probably go see this, because I really don't care what Disney decided to do, but as long as they don't actually change up their art styles for the original film - I'm happy.

MM

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Sep Wed 23, 2009 10:59 am

I agree, Moviemaker137. As long as they don't play around with the film's original format (converting from old style to new computer animation), I okay with them doing it as a 3D too...

cinderella75
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by cinderella75 » Oct Mon 26, 2009 9:06 am

spodie wrote:Meh...if they could figure out a way to do 3D without having to use those goofy-looking, flimsy 3d glasses that seems to not fit anyone, then maybe it would be a little better. Now I'm not looking forward as much to these movies, unless there is a non-3D option.
Well I bought a new 60' Mitsubishi a couple months ago and my tv can do 3D without me wearin the glasses. I have to buy the 3D adapter to plug into my tv. I havent done it yet but im curious to see it really works. I dont watch alot of movies in 3D to for me to buy that adapter. If u have a tv that doesnt handle that or an old tv. Unfortantly, we must still wear the glasses. :ccat: :mickey3:
When you BELIEVE and have FAITH, WISHES and DREAMS do come TRUE :-)