No More Foie Gras at WDW

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

FlyingMouse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by FlyingMouse » Oct Sat 18, 2008 10:55 pm

agingerbugg wrote:WHAT!? They are banning foie gras? js3901, it is not just duck liver, it is the liver of a duck that has been fed by a tube down its throat pumping in around 1,000 grams of mash in roughly 30 seconds. There is nothing that tastes better then the torture and suffering of waterfowl.
From what I understand, the process doesn't really seem to bother the duck that much. It sounds bad because if it were done to a human, well, it wouldn't be pleasant. But for a duck, no biggie. Of course, I'm not a duck, so can't say for positive. :)

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Oct Sat 18, 2008 11:46 pm

FlyingMouse wrote: From what I understand, the process doesn't really seem to bother the duck that much. It sounds bad because if it were done to a human, well, it wouldn't be pleasant. But for a duck, no biggie. Of course, I'm not a duck, so can't say for positive. :)
Yes, right, it isn't that bad for the duck, I forgot they don't have nerve endings and can't feel pain.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

rodders
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by rodders » Oct Mon 20, 2008 6:01 am

FlyingMouse wrote:
agingerbugg wrote:WHAT!? They are banning foie gras? js3901, it is not just duck liver, it is the liver of a duck that has been fed by a tube down its throat pumping in around 1,000 grams of mash in roughly 30 seconds. There is nothing that tastes better then the torture and suffering of waterfowl.
From what I understand, the process doesn't really seem to bother the duck that much. It sounds bad because if it were done to a human, well, it wouldn't be pleasant. But for a duck, no biggie. Of course, I'm not a duck, so can't say for positive. :)
You have been seriously mislead. Although the physicality of ducks is very different to humans the argument that they lack the gag reflex is very weak. The gag reflex of ducks is totally different to human beings but this doesn't make the process any more bearable for the animals. The ducks endure extreme pain and live in appalling conditions.
1980, 2000, 2005 and 2008 all had plenty of magic. Hoping for a bit more in 2010.

Croaker
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Croaker » Oct Wed 22, 2008 10:05 am

now are you talking pain like taking a hammer to toes? or like extreme pain in watching Election speeches?
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Oct Wed 22, 2008 5:05 pm

none of us are ducks, and no one can talk to ducks (unless you're Dr. Doolittle, which I highly doubt). We don't know how much, if any, pain is caused to the animal. Please do not use this thread to go into an animal rights debate.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

Croaker

Post by Croaker » Oct Thu 23, 2008 10:00 am

your Quacked!
animals are people too!

Flipper for President!
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]