I lost my Fantasmic ringtone... :(

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

karenj2
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

I lost my Fantasmic ringtone... :(

Post by karenj2 » Sep Mon 15, 2008 8:33 am

I just switched over to my husband's RAZR from my phone, and I forgot to ask if it's possible to switch my ringtone over. I used to have Fantasmic - it was my absolute FAVORITE!

I checked on the Verizon site, and they generally only have Hanna Montana, HS Musical, or Pirates of the Carribean. :(

Can anyone help me out? Point me to a safe place to get a Disney ringtone I'd love?!?
Karenj2

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Sep Mon 15, 2008 8:58 am

If you have the mp3 file on your computer, Phonezoo allows you to upload a file and convert it into a ringtone then send it to your phone. I have done this for all of my favorite Disney songs. There are also some already loaded, but not a great deal.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

spodie
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by spodie » Sep Mon 15, 2008 9:33 am

agingerbugg wrote:If you have the mp3 file on your computer, Phonezoo allows you to upload a file and convert it into a ringtone then send it to your phone. I have done this for all of my favorite Disney songs. There are also some already loaded, but not a great deal.
This site is awesome!!! Although they don't have a ton of ringtones already on there (because of copyright laws) they allow you to take music you already have and pick out the exact chunk you want (down to the second), pick out if you want it to fade in or out, etc. and then it sends it to your phone in the format of a picture message. The best part is that it's a free service - you just have to pay whatever your provider charges for you to send/receive texts.

You can also download wallpapers for your phone, too. I got a general one of Cinderella's Castle (the one they show before the newer Disney movies), one for Halloween and one for Christmas.

Hope this helps!
~Ashleigh :minnie:

[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1260514670.jpg[/img]

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Sep Mon 15, 2008 10:19 am

I can tell you from experience thst verizon wireless will not let you transfer ringtones, games, and/or pictures from one phone to another. however, I was able to find (via these forums, actually), a way to upload ringtones to my phone via the interweb. I'm not familiar with Phonezoo, which agingerbugg posted and spodie likes. But, I know of FunForMobile which allows you to take any one of the following formats: midi, mp3*, qcp, aac*, mmf, m4a, wav, amr, and upload it to your phone using a picture message. then you would just save the sound as a ringtone (using the options menu on your phone). and it works with any carrier (verizon, at&t, sprint, etc. the file should be about 30 seconds long. you can learn more at the link I provided..

by the way - for the "*":

*MP3 format is supported primarily by the latest versions of Motorola Phones, Nokia Phones, Smart Phones, and Verizon MMS Phones. Some Verizon MMS phones have a size limitation of 30k.

*AAC (MP4 Audio) format is supported primarily by Multimedia Phones.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

karenj2

Post by karenj2 » Sep Mon 15, 2008 10:37 am

Hmmm... now all I have to do is find the MP3. I bought the Park Music CD while there this past August, but I don't think it's there.

Ohh - I might have WISHES, though - that could be cool, too!

I'm happy again! :D Thanks, all!
Karenj2

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Sep Mon 15, 2008 10:55 am

I usually use myxer for my ringtones. It's a free sign up and you could use any song from your iTunes or whatever's on your computer and choose the section of the song you want.

pkbabygirl
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by pkbabygirl » Sep Tue 30, 2008 11:23 am

I had the same problem when I upgraded my phone. The company does not transfer anything from previous downloads to a new phone and a memory card doesn't help transfer it either.

I loved my Fantasmic ringtone. I've had to find other Disney replacements.