The Return of Subsonic Fantasy Football

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Re: The Return of Subsonic Fantasy Football

Post by cousininmiami » Aug Mon 31, 2015 11:16 am

Amy wrote:I got an email from Yahoo today about my draft. My draft received a letter grade of D from them?! And I'm projected to finish 12th ~ out of 12! :shock:
Guess I have an uphill battle in front of me. Watch out people, I'm going to have to claw and scrabble my way up the line this year.
Good luck everyone!
Geeeeeeze..... I just got the same email and I got a D+
I guess we're in the same boat Amy!!
But that's OK, I got who I wanted, and am going to have fun with it!!

PS My #1 player I wanted was Clay Matthews... (for obvious reasons) :shock: and was sooooo happy to be able to get my guy later on in the draft! :D 8-)

Also, since this was my first Fantasy draft ever, I had so much anxiety, omg it was hilarious! They make it so dramatic,
"... your turn is in..." and then that loud BING!!!! ITS MY TURN!! OMG... OK, so don't panic.....ONLY 30 MORE SECONDS!!! Geeeeeeeeezzzzz :shock: :shock: :shock:
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Aug Mon 31, 2015 11:22 am

My draft earned a B-. I promptly dropped a couple players and added a couple this morning because (a) WTH was I thinking drafting Coby Fleenor again? He won't have many touches at all; and (b) my backup LB had the same bye week as my starting LB. OOPS.

I think I have it fixed now...
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Mon 31, 2015 2:58 pm

cousininmiami wrote:
Amy wrote:I got an email from Yahoo today about my draft. My draft received a letter grade of D from them?! And I'm projected to finish 12th ~ out of 12! :shock:
Guess I have an uphill battle in front of me. Watch out people, I'm going to have to claw and scrabble my way up the line this year.
Good luck everyone!
Geeeeeeze..... I just got the same email and I got a D+
I guess we're in the same boat Amy!!
But that's OK, I got who I wanted, and am going to have fun with it!!

PS My #1 player I wanted was Clay Matthews... (for obvious reasons) :shock: and was sooooo happy to be able to get my guy later on in the draft! :D 8-)

Also, since this was my first Fantasy draft ever, I had so much anxiety, omg it was hilarious! They make it so dramatic,
"... your turn is in..." and then that loud BING!!!! ITS MY TURN!! OMG... OK, so don't panic.....ONLY 30 MORE SECONDS!!! Geeeeeeeeezzzzz :shock: :shock: :shock:
I feel better having noticed there were only A, B and D given out. Guess we'll just have to prove their predictions are wrong won't we cousininmiami?
I completely agree with the draft ~ even though I've participated several times now, they keep changing how it looks so it is so hard to know what you are supposed to do. And then you wait, and wait, and wait and then like you said, BING, hurry up, hurry up, hurry up! :lol:
cy1229 wrote:My draft earned a B-. I promptly dropped a couple players and added a couple this morning because (a) WTH was I thinking drafting Coby Fleenor again? He won't have many touches at all; and (b) my backup LB had the same bye week as my starting LB. OOPS.

I think I have it fixed now...
You're starting off pretty well then at a B-. I don't even know how to improve my roster. Guess I will have to look for free agents soon. I still don't 100% understand the waiver process so if anyone wants to explain it to me I would love to hear all about it! :D

Metalfan
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Metalfan » Aug Mon 31, 2015 3:39 pm

I got an A-

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Mon 31, 2015 6:40 pm

Metalfan wrote:I got an A-
One of the lucky ones!

Metalfan

Post by Metalfan » Aug Mon 31, 2015 8:08 pm

I was overall happy with my team. Didn't get a few guys I wanted that I thought would hang around, but really it's ok.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Tue 01, 2015 5:57 am

Metalfan wrote:I was overall happy with my team. Didn't get a few guys I wanted that I thought would hang around, but really it's ok.
Do you know why one of my players would show 0 fan points, but not have any kind of message that he is injured or out?

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Sep Tue 01, 2015 8:29 am

Amy wrote:
Metalfan wrote:I was overall happy with my team. Didn't get a few guys I wanted that I thought would hang around, but really it's ok.
Do you know why one of my players would show 0 fan points, but not have any kind of message that he is injured or out?
Was it Trent Richardson or RGIII? Teams made cuts yesterday to get their rosters down to 75, and have to get the rosters down to 55 by start of the season.

Hubby got an A on his draft. I got ripped apart for my RB selections, but I think the grades were biased in favor of just the RB and QB positions.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Tue 01, 2015 12:46 pm

cy1229 wrote:
Amy wrote:
Was it Trent Richardson or RGIII? Teams made cuts yesterday to get their rosters down to 75, and have to get the rosters down to 55 by start of the season.

Hubby got an A on his draft. I got ripped apart for my RB selections, but I think the grades were biased in favor of just the RB and QB positions.
It's Xavier Proctor ~ DT for the Detroit Lions. I'll have to do some checking later today. I showed my report card to one of my students this morning, he's 11, plays football, and his family just did their draft recently as well. He laughed and said that Yahoo was kind of mean to give me a D! :lol: He was pretty excited about some of my picks , but really was happy to see I had Odell Beckham Jr. on my team so I'm hoping that is a good sign :D (He already knows more about football than I could ever know if I studied up for a long time.)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Tue 01, 2015 1:48 pm

Ah-ha! Found it online with a quick search ~ my player was moved from Defensive Tackle to Offensive Tackle...Guess I'll be hunting for a new DT in the next few days!

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Sep Wed 02, 2015 11:25 am

Wow, this is really hard. I did figure out to get a player that is not playing and switch to the bench. I'm either going to get really good at this by the end of the season or will really suck... not sure! Anyways, play on!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Wed 02, 2015 12:45 pm

cousininmiami wrote:Wow, this is really hard. I did figure out to get a player that is not playing and switch to the bench. I'm either going to get really good at this by the end of the season or will really suck... not sure! Anyways, play on!
I think you'll get the hang of it pretty quickly ~ good luck!

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Sep Thu 03, 2015 11:00 am

I think Jeff (cstndcrw on here, though he never posts to the boards, and Phil Harmagics in the league) is going to kick our hineys. He has a really good roster.

And he's a newbie.

I might be jealous.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Thu 03, 2015 12:08 pm

cy1229 wrote:I think Jeff (cstndcrw on here, though he never posts to the boards, and Phil Harmagics in the league) is going to kick our hineys. He has a really good roster.

And he's a newbie.

I might be jealous.
We can always chalk it up to beginner's luck! But yeah, his lineup looks pretty good.
(You'll have to see if he'll explain his user name in the "how you chose your forum name" thread ~ I'm curious) :ccat:

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Sep Thu 03, 2015 4:36 pm

Amy wrote:
cy1229 wrote:I think Jeff (cstndcrw on here, though he never posts to the boards, and Phil Harmagics in the league) is going to kick our hineys. He has a really good roster.

And he's a newbie.

I might be jealous.
We can always chalk it up to beginner's luck! But yeah, his lineup looks pretty good.
(You'll have to see if he'll explain his user name in the "how you chose your forum name" thread ~ I'm curious) :ccat:
Oh I can tell you that. He's a major movie buff and it's "cast and crew" without vowels. :goofy:
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012