Favorite food item in Disney

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Nov Thu 11, 2004 12:22 am

SubSonix wrote: Then my mom got a pooh hair tie and I was like "you got POOH in your hair ewwwww. " :-)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

that's like something I would say...

I personally like the fresh fudge they make at the Confectionary on Main Street USA at WDW. good stuff...

rdeacon
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer

Post by rdeacon » Nov Thu 11, 2004 9:18 am

Where are all my WDW peeps? 90% posts are Disneyland.. I need my WDW people to represent....

:lol:
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Nov Thu 11, 2004 1:30 pm

Whic is interesting, because there's way more WDW music in the playlist.

js3901

Post by js3901 » Nov Thu 11, 2004 6:14 pm

seeing as how I've never been to DLR/CA or to California at ALL... I'm all for WDW.

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Nov Thu 11, 2004 6:27 pm

speaking of WDW, i love those cream cheese filled pretzels! i think thats what im talking about, ive only had it a couple of times.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

Disneynut
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Disneynut » Nov Fri 12, 2004 1:04 pm

My favorite food item at Disney would be the hot pecans or almonds sold at the parks.

rdeacon

Post by rdeacon » Nov Wed 17, 2004 9:25 am

Disneynut wrote:My favorite food item at Disney would be the hot pecans or almonds sold at the parks.

Ohh those are good... yummmmm
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

G2-4T
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by G2-4T » Nov Wed 17, 2004 11:00 pm

Too much good stuff to eat - gotta divide it up by the parks! This is all fast food since I've never had the luxary to do the sit-down thing...

DL - the Hungry Bear is great, if I get to the Blue Bayou the Monte Cristo is the first thing I'll be having...

DCA - Taste Pilots has creative burgers and Award Wieners has good hot dogs...

The Mickey Pretzel though takes all the fast food I think, a DL Resort exclusive since I've never seen them at WDW

And now - representing WDW already! Lots here too and not at all covered yet:

MK - Pinnochio's Villaage Haus overlooking the castle or it's a small world, just hot dogs but they hit the spot and the view is great

MGM - the Cuban Sandwich is solid at the ABC Comm. and Pizza Planet is fun, esp when you can eat in the courtyard area

AK - Tusker House has great sandwiches and if you eat outside in the back you can hear the people upstairs cooking [and hear the plates break...]

EPCOT - this is like an eat-a-thon in itself. The Land - great choices all around at the Sunshine Season Food Fair. Norway, the frosted preztels are really good, Japan's Yakatori is good too. And a cup of cocoa is the best from Electric Umbrella when you are out just before the park closes watching the Fountain of Nations...

Overall though - nothing quite like the classic Mickey ice cream bar!

vote_stomper

Post by vote_stomper » Nov Thu 18, 2004 2:48 am

i've never been to WDW, although i'd like to, but i've never even been close, the farthest east i've been is Phoenix, so anyways my favorite Disneyland food is the fries across from the haunted Mansion :lol:

but seriously, the bengal BBQ any of the three meat skewer things, beef or chicken, i went there once back in June and i had all three, mainly because i was waiting for them to get some single rider pass in at Indiana Jones, bt they never did, they could have just told me they weren't and it would have saved me alot of time
Last edited by vote_stomper on Nov Thu 18, 2004 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

js3901

Post by js3901 » Nov Thu 18, 2004 2:50 am

even though you can get them anywhere, I like the Coke slurpee things they have at EPCOT, also the Ice Station Cool sponsered by Coke is alot of fun... Some of the drinks there are actually really good...

pgreger

Post by pgreger » Nov Thu 18, 2004 4:29 am

vote_stomper wrote:...but seriously, the bengal BBQ ...
Bengal BBQ is good - portions a bit small IMO, but I feel that for the price of 3 skewers I'd rather go to the Blue Bayou, sit in the kick ass atmosphere, and enjoy the Monte Cristo sandwich!!!!

Of course the Monte Cristo is only available for lunch, so if it was later in the evening... I might SKEWER IT UP, YEAH!!!!! :D

rich
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by rich » Nov Thu 18, 2004 8:52 am

We are having dinner in the Chinese pavilion for this years christmas party tickets, I'll report afterwards.....

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Nov Thu 18, 2004 1:29 pm

pgreger wrote:SKEWER IT UP, YEAH!!!!! :D
...funny :)

I don't know why the Blue Bayou doesn't serve Monte Cristos during dinner. You figure they could make more money off of them.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

sockfire
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

monte cristos

Post by sockfire » Nov Mon 22, 2004 12:20 pm

subsonic wrote:I don't know why the Blue Bayou doesn't serve Monte Cristos during dinner. You figure they could make more money off of them.
Probably because they could make more off of the other menu items and they never really have trouble filling up the place anyway.

Greasy sandwiches don't fit in with the whole fancy dining thing they have going at night.

rudekick

Post by rudekick » Nov Mon 22, 2004 12:36 pm

Churros. Hands down. I'm surprised more people haven't thought so as well... Does anyone know why they are so hard to find in WDW? I went a little over a year ago and I spent FOREVER trying to find a churro. I finally found one by Tom Sawyer's Island in the Magic Kingdom, and the guy working the stand told me that there are only TWO places left that sell them at WDW!!! What a travesty! (The other place is Mexico in the World Showcase.) At least churros still flow like water in Disneyland...