The worst Rides at Disney

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

What is the worst ride that Disney ever created?

Small World (All of them)
10%
The Great Movie Ride
4%
Spaceship Earth
4%
Peter Pan (All of them)
5%
The Mad Tea Party (Teacups) (All of them)
12%
Splash Mountain (All of them)
3%
World Of Motion (EPCOT)
4%
Super Star Limo (DCA)
39%
Winnie the Pooh (DL)
14%
Land Pavillion Boat Ride (EPCOT)
5%

Total votes: 77

sockfire
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

it did a little

Post by sockfire » Sep Sat 04, 2004 2:23 am

It did, a little... :(

but it comes back :wink:

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Sep Sat 04, 2004 4:59 pm

DISNEYman wrote:If you want a video of Superstar Limo, check out this site
http://www.themeparkreview.com/videos/video.htm.

It is the fourth video from the top and is good quality. Funny commentary is also evident.
wow. that IS sad...

Although, that site is cool. It even has video of the park near me (Six Flags Darien Lake). :D

amychester

Post by amychester » Oct Sun 10, 2004 4:48 pm

Based on the selection, I picked The Great Movie Ride. I think it's kind of boring and the scenes with the CM actors have always been kinda lame - I've seen CM's forget their lines and start laughing.

I really love all the rides at WDW, but, if I had to pick one as the worst ride ever, I'd pick the Swiss Family Treehouse - all those steps!

JTSnowFan

Post by JTSnowFan » Nov Tue 09, 2004 2:05 am

bdinger wrote:...it sounds like "Flik's Fun Fair" will be a disappointment as well. So, I guess you could say that any off-the-shelf carnival ride that Disney simply disguises is my least favorite.
All I say is don't knock it until you go. The "Its Tough to be a Bug" show is probably one of the best Disney has to offer. And the area itself is extremely well themed, with popsicle stick benches and a large garden hose as a play-fountain.

As for Superstar Limo, I actually loved that ride. People hated it, but I say: It was just the same as the Alice and Wonderland ride, or Snow White or any of those kiddie Fantasyland rides. It just had a very Hollywood theme, not very Disney. But thats why I liked it. I'm very into the entertainment industry (I'm a theater major/wannabe actress) and love the idea of going through the ride like you are a celebrity. Its entaled everything about Hollywood and the hype. I thought it fit perfectly with the Hollywood Pictures Backlot area.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Nov Tue 09, 2004 1:14 pm

JTSnowFan wrote:As for Superstar Limo, I actually loved that ride. People hated it, but I say: It was just the same as the Alice and Wonderland ride, or Snow White or any of those kiddie Fantasyland rides. It just had a very Hollywood theme, not very Disney. But thats why I liked it. I'm very into the entertainment industry (I'm a theater major/wannabe actress) and love the idea of going through the ride like you are a celebrity. Its entaled everything about Hollywood and the hype. I thought it fit perfectly with the Hollywood Pictures Backlot area.
Now that's funny! You're the first!

All I remember is the look on our faces when you see the picture they take. It describes the whole attraction. I find it funny that they were planning on selling the pictures. You could see a kiosk they never used for it. But who would buy a picture of your jaw dropped open in astonishment of how bad the ride is?

sockfire

Post by sockfire » Nov Tue 09, 2004 3:30 pm

JTSnowFan wrote:As for Superstar Limo, I actually loved that ride. People hated it, but I say: It was just the same as the Alice and Wonderland ride, or Snow White or any of those kiddie Fantasyland rides. It just had a very Hollywood theme, not very Disney. But thats why I liked it. I'm very into the entertainment industry (I'm a theater major/wannabe actress) and love the idea of going through the ride like you are a celebrity. Its entaled everything about Hollywood and the hype. I thought it fit perfectly with the Hollywood Pictures Backlot area.
I have never heard anything nice about that ride until now.

When you put it that way it doesn't sound so bad...

Nah, it's still the worst ride ever. :P

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Nov Tue 09, 2004 4:02 pm

hmm worst ride ever....i cant really think of any. one ride that, i think is a waste of time is the Storybookland boat ride thing.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

JTSnowFan

Post by JTSnowFan » Nov Tue 09, 2004 5:05 pm

sockfire wrote:I have never heard anything nice about that ride until now.

LOL... Awww... Well its ok. I just thought I would break the mold and say how I liked the ride. Every "bad" ride has at least one fan, right?

Lion Sleeps Tonight

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Nov Tue 09, 2004 6:26 pm

JTSnowFan wrote:

LOL... Awww... Well its ok. I just thought I would break the mold and say how I liked the ride. Every "bad" ride has at least one fan, right?
yeah, you're probably right. i didnt think the limo ride was all that bad- just not worth waiting in line for.

jt snow rocks, btw.

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

js3901

Post by js3901 » Nov Tue 09, 2004 6:30 pm

I don't like snow. probably due to the fact that I live in Buffalo, NY (The Eternal Snow city) and we have a lot to shovel on our corner lot.

and to kinda keep this on topic, hopefully I'll have enough money come 2006 to escape the snow for a week. although I still won't go on it's a small world due to bad memories. still the worst ride IMHO

happyfunball

Post by happyfunball » Nov Wed 10, 2004 3:27 pm

superstar limo is terrible.. I went on it not having any opinion and was horrified when I came out.. I have it on video, actually.
my aunt liked it though.
I just thought it was cheesy-awful and using current b-list celebrities in it just seems like a bad idea.. the rides should be timeless, not topical cause then you just laugh cause there's tim allen or whoopi goldberg in there.
not to mention the fact I think that all the celebrities in the ride were stars on ABC tv shows. its just bad.

pgreger

Post by pgreger » Nov Wed 10, 2004 3:36 pm

lion sleeps tonight wrote:jt snow rocks, btw
js3901 wrote:I don't like snow.
js3901, I think you got your "snows" crossed! J.T. Snow is a baseball player on the Giants. I personally share your opinion on the other snow, not a big fan on the cold, white wet stuff...

but, none of this changes the fact that Superstar Limo has the most votes as the worst... ride...ever!

Lion Sleeps Tonight

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Nov Wed 10, 2004 6:41 pm

oh well, at least no one misses that ride. actually, i cant even remember any specific parts to it.

does anyone else think that the casey junior train ride is one of the worst rides?

OT: we dont get snow here in SF, so i jump at the chance of snow-related activities.

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

MrToad
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by MrToad » Nov Wed 10, 2004 6:57 pm

Hmm, I didn't know Disney had "rides" ... :wink:

If it qualifys, I'd say Innoventions.
-Adam-

JTSnowFan

Post by JTSnowFan » Nov Wed 10, 2004 9:00 pm

Lion Sleeps Tonight wrote:
JTSnowFan wrote:

yeah, you're probably right. i didnt think the limo ride was all that bad- just not worth waiting in line for.

jt snow rocks, btw.
OT: Yup. JT is the man!! And yes, Snow is the SF Giants firstbaseman. Not that fluffly white stuff that falls from the sky!! LOL

And whoever said that Disney doesn't have rides is right. They have "Attractions." Go Superstar Limo!! Wooohhhoooo!!!