Rental cars from MCO

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

klj27
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Rental cars from MCO

Post by klj27 » Feb Thu 19, 2015 9:43 pm

I've read some horror stories online aboUT MCO rental companies. I'm going down at easter time and would like to rent i terminal.

Thoughts?

Alacrity
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Re: Rental cars from MCO

Post by Alacrity » Feb Fri 20, 2015 9:20 am

There does seem to be some fly by night operations. I've always have good luck with the big names (Hertz usually) when we have rented but have also used E-Z Rent-A-Car some time back. More often than not we use Magic Express as we don't usually need a car once we get to Disney property. Another possibility unless you do need a car is a towncar/limo service. A bit of a splurge by a nice way to start a vacation!

My company offers employees Hertz Gold membership which has been handy. You might check on possible discounts through an employer also.

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Feb Sat 21, 2015 5:10 pm

If you subscribe to the Mousesavers newsletter, there's a Hertz promo code that I've used (not in Florida, although it's good there as well) that has gotten me some really good deals.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » May Tue 05, 2015 8:25 pm

E-Z sounds rinky dink but I used them a couple of times and they were great - and quite inexpensive.

Now I just use Hertz because I get to expense it!
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Searlproudbottom
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by Searlproudbottom » Jun Thu 11, 2015 7:10 pm

On our trip in 2013 I did a lot of research looking for discount codes and found one I used for Alamo. Day One we arrived late at MCO so we stayed right at the Hyatt Orland International Airport. The next morning We did Magical Express to our resort and then headed to the parks. Around 3:00 we headed back and checked in to our resort. After checking in we called the front desk and they arranged for free transportation to Disney's Car care center where we picked up our rental Car. From there we drove to Winn Dixie and did some grocery shopping. This was painless and took no time at all.

Note. If you join Alamo insiders at no charge you can get an additional 10% discount.

On our trip in 2014 we used Costco and picked up and returned our car at MCO.
Just like the year earlier this was all painless.

Here is a link you can keep an eye on.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/car-rent ... vices-392/

Good luck to you

Searl

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Thu 11, 2015 8:05 pm

Sounds like a pretty easy deal there Searlproudbottom!

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Sat 13, 2015 9:36 pm

That actually sounds kind of complicated, since there is so much back and forth and all. It almost seems like staying the full stay at a Disney owned resort but knocking off an admission day to account for the time would be easier than having to go back and forth with a rental car company.

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Jun Sat 13, 2015 10:46 pm

That's more or less what we did. Didn't go as many days as we were staying. Last day was Chef Mickey's, then Downtown Disney, then picked up the car across the street at the Hilton and drove to our hotel in Cocoa Beach.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Searlproudbottom

Post by Searlproudbottom » Aug Fri 14, 2015 8:59 pm

Over the years we had always used ME and either We Go Shop or Garden Grocer. We always had good luck using them. But in 2013 we stayed at the Bay Lake Tower and included Vero Beach to our vacation. That was the first time we rented a car. I must say that renting a car was the Greatest. We saved lots of money buying our groceries and we used the car to drive to AK the DS. Up until that time I never realized how much I disliked riding the bus transportation especially at the end of the day when the bus is packed and everyone is tired and grouchy, I mean Grumpy. Renting a car while visiting WDW will always be included in in our future vacations.

Searl

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Aug Sat 15, 2015 12:32 pm

If you do intend to drive around, especially after landing but before Disney or the reverse on the way out, renting a car at MCO is super-convenient. I am a fan of being able to easily walk to my car and the parking structures are nice and close at MCO.

I have used L&M several times. They seem rinky dink but I have only had good experiences. The rest of the times I use Hertz just because that is where I rent for work and where all my points are.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.