My Second WDW Trip Report-Feb 2015

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: My Second WDW Trip Report-Feb 2015

Post by Amy » Mar Sat 14, 2015 9:24 pm

What a great idea to take your picture you drew and have the characters sign it ~ great looking Piglet you drew too!
Snow White's cottage almost doesn't look real ~ so amazing what they do with details.
That is a good shot inside Peter Pan of Wendy ~ it really is hard to capture nice shots in there, I have a ton of blurry photos from that attraction.
You had some great parade photos ~ I actually like the one with the dragon coughing out some smoke ~ reminds me of Mushu :lol:
You got some really nice fireworks photos too ~ I thought the tangled vines going up the castle were from Tangled?
I want to see the whole electrical water parade sometime ~ I know it's not all that exciting, but it is old and would be neat to see :D

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Mar Sun 15, 2015 8:02 am

I never thought of Mushu, but you're right! It is like him. There is also a floating lantern section in the projection show that I figured was from Tangled. I can't remember where that comes in the sequence, maybe the vines lead into it, so that would be Tangled too.

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Mar Fri 20, 2015 7:45 pm

Day 5: EPCOT and Magic Kingdom

Last day in the parks, always a sad thing. It also was cool and rainy. We started at EPCOT and were one of the first through the gate. Walking over to The Land I got lucky with a monorail passing :)

Soarin’ was not busy and almost an hour after the park opened there was still only a 30 minute wait. Quite different from the other morning we were there. Likely the weather was keeping some people away. We headed to the singles line at Test Track before it really started to rain and they closed it. Just as we were finished the heavens opened and it started pouring. People were huddled under the overhang and sharing umbrellas while we waited to get into Ellen’s Energy Adventure. It had almost stopped by the time the energy nightmare was over :)

We had the Friendship boat across the lagoon all to ourselves and had a nice chat with the captain. The dull weather didn’t detract from the impressive architecture of the American Adventure, which was our next stop.

After a tasty but cold lunch in Morocco (the wind was whistling through the cafe seating area inside too) we were done at EPCOT and hurried through the rain again for the monorail to the Magic Kingdom. There was some re-routing going on and the express train to the park stopped at the Contemporary. It’s been a while since I’ve gone through there and it was nice to view again. Resort hopping is always on my list of things to do, but there never seems to be enough time. I need more vacation time and unlimited funds (along with everyone else, I'm sure :) )

While passing by I figured out that the monorail must be where all those really nice photos of the flowers and train station are taken from, and managed to capture one of my own. It just needs a blue sky.

We’d never gone through the standby queue for Enchanted Tales with Belle but the line was short (10 mins), and I had no idea there was a water wheel!

The photo of Belle and her mother in Maurice’s cottage is a nice touch too. Wow, just noticed that tea pot looks a little like Mrs. Potts.

We caught the castle show as well. Cute story, although Prince Charming’s tunic could use a refit and those Prince’s wigs, well let’s just say, the Princesses have much better hair.

Haha, so I just realized I posted almost this exact same photo in last years report, so here’s a bonus one from the pirate segment.

On my "to do" list last trip was to check out Gaston’s Tavern and sample a cinnamon roll. It didn't happen, so it was moved to the "must do" list this trip. I wasn’t expecting them to be quite so huge. It was delicious! In the day with the sun shining in, it is probably nice and bright in the seating area, but at night it really could use a few extra lamps. It would be helpful for picture taking.

It seems Gaston really does use antlers in all of his decorating :)

We watched the fireworks from beside the carousel in Fantasyland. The highlight of the show was this cast member. Holding his broom he conducted the entire event; turning back and forth between Cinderella castle and the Beast’s castle precisely on cue. It was really cool to watch. I get the feeling he's seen the show a few times ;)

I did manage to take a few photos of the fireworks in between watching him.

After one final ride on Space Mountain I headed back to Main St. and stopped on the bridge from Tomorrowland to watch the castle projection show. This time the only person nearby was a PhotoPass photographer and a few people who came to get a picture. It was quiet and peaceful, and a nice almost end to the evening. These are the floating lanterns.

And one final castle picture, from an angle I don’t recall ever taking before this trip.

Thanks for reading my trip report. It was a fun vacation and I’ve enjoyed sharing it with you :)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Fri 20, 2015 9:18 pm

The last time we were there, we ducked into Ellen's Energy Adventure to avoid a sudden downpour too!
Love the American Adventure ~ that is a great photo even in the rain :D
What did you think of your lunch in Morocco? What did you end up getting? It was raining when we were there too ~ but it wasn't cold...or at least I don't remember it being cold.
I think the only way I could resort hop and truly enjoy it was if I lived down in Florida and was able to go to the parks as much as I wanted. I always feel like I want to spend as much time in the parks as I can when I'm there because there never seems to be enough time to take it all in.
That color scheme of the Mickey flower beds in front of the train station is trippy ~ was it really that purple and bright yellow?
Haven't seen Enchanted Tales with Belle yet, but that definitely is Mrs. Potts there on that shelf :D
I have to agree with you on the wigs some of the characters have to wear ~ ugh! :lol:
I'm not a fan of cinnamon rolls, but that one does look awfully tasty!
That is an amazing fireworks shot! It is fun to watch the CMs sometimes too ~ great that they can make the most out of what could become mundane for them after seeing it so many times.
I'll have to remember the bridge for Tomorrowland for watching the castle show next time, although I wonder if it will still be a good place with the hub renovation?
Awesome trip report ~ loved all your photos ImagineerWannabe! Thanks for sharing :D

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Mar Sat 21, 2015 12:48 pm

Amy wrote: What did you think of your lunch in Morocco? What did you end up getting?
Aside from the weather I enjoyed it. I had the vegetarian platter (hummus, pita, falafel, lettuce, lentil and cous cous salad). The cous cous is really good!
Amy wrote:I think the only way I could resort hop and truly enjoy it was if I lived down in Florida and was able to go to the parks as much as I wanted. I always feel like I want to spend as much time in the parks as I can when I'm there because there never seems to be enough time to take it all in.
Mousekedittos I believe the saying goes ;)
Amy wrote:That color scheme of the Mickey flower beds in front of the train station is trippy ~ was it really that purple and bright yellow?
Yep, no photo editing here. It certainly stood out on a grey day.
Amy wrote:I'll have to remember the bridge for Tomorrowland for watching the castle show next time, although I wonder if it will still be a good place with the hub renovation?
I was pretty far back from the hub, practically under the Tomorrowland sign. So hopefully it won't be affected.
Amy wrote: Awesome trip report ~ loved all your photos ImagineerWannabe! Thanks for sharing :D
Well gosh :goofy: Thank you. My pleasure.