The Brothers Juant To The West Coast

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Re: The Brothers Juant To The West Coast

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Mar Wed 11, 2015 7:10 am

...and the rest of the story:

Monday September 1st 2014

DL!
We got up early and ate at some local Denny’s type place called Norm’s. It was recommended by the daughter of our gracious hosts (“All the old people eat there—you’ll love it,” she said. Ha!) The service was slow but it was good! We left Mary there to pay the bill and go shopping as we headed to DL :)

As you walk in for the first time—it’s so surreal. Walt actually walked around here and even slept here! And it’s TINY. There is nothing to really prepare you for that. I knew it was tiny, but seeing it in person just was like, wow! My goal was to see things that were not at WDW or were different than in WDW.

We hit Mr. Toad, Pinocchio, Snow White, Small World, Indiana Jones, Jungle Cruise, Pirates and the Railroad. HM was closed boooooo! We went over and got FP for SM. We attempted the Matterhorn but it kept breaking down and we never did get on it. :(

Again today I started feeling homesick. I am usually good for three days and then I get awful homesick if I am not with Mary or my boys. So NaCler and I rolled over to DCA to eat (because they have beer there, duh ;) ) and then I headed out. I told NaCler to stay as long as he wanted and we would come get him when he was ready. We parted ways and I headed back.

Mary and I hit the pool and took a nap. Funny tidbit from this trip---we woke up from the nap and Miami Vice was on and it really engaged me for some reason. So much so that after we got home Mary and I watched the 1st three seasons on Netflix—lol who knows!?

Eventually Mary wanted to wander around town, but I convinced her to hit DTD. We did some shopping there and had a beer at the Grand Californian bar—very nice! And then after walking around for awhile, we hit the little Mexican bar. We had Happy Hour appetizers and Mary had a few margaritas. I stuck with beer.

I don’t recall how it went down, but NaCler and us were going to meet up at the exit of the monorail station and head back to the house.
Our friends returned from their trip and we chatted them up and put together a plan for the morning.

And just like that…we went home.

It was a great trip all around. NaCler was great to hang around and he put up with me not wanting to spend all day at the parks. He really is my Brother.
Our hosts were MORE THAN gracious…I can’t even begin to explain how nice they treated us. In fact at one point during the street fair our hosts introduced NaCler as their friend. It was very very nice and they treated us too nice :)
NaCler, my Brother---feel free to fill in the blanks or correct me anywhere. In fact, what day did we eat at that beer joint—Mary and I had fish and chips---I completely missed that!

Another great trip with great people.

Until the next one!

H

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Wed 11, 2015 4:50 pm

Yay ~ another awesome report with lots of photos!
I had to laugh at the picture of the beer cooler ~ that was too funny :lol:
Isn't it fun to step into a Disney park that you've never been to before? I remember the feeling as being so surreal as things are familiar, but so different at the same time.
We rode Soarin' as single riders too and it took forever....hmmm.
Was HM closed to switch over to Haunted Mansion Holiday?
Sounds like your friends out there are pretty awesome ~ and who could not love hanging out with NaCler?! He's pretty awesome too...except for the whole sauerkraut thing...that is not awesome...ick ;)

wewantsdaredhead

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Mar Wed 11, 2015 6:44 pm

Amy wrote:Yay ~ another awesome report with lots of photos!
I had to laugh at the picture of the beer cooler ~ that was too funny :lol:
Isn't it fun to step into a Disney park that you've never been to before? I remember the feeling as being so surreal as things are familiar, but so different at the same time.
We rode Soarin' as single riders too and it took forever....hmmm.
Was HM closed to switch over to Haunted Mansion Holiday?
Sounds like your friends out there are pretty awesome ~ and who could not love hanging out with NaCler?! He's pretty awesome too...except for the whole sauerkraut thing...that is not awesome...ick ;)
Yes the HM was closed for the changeover I believe. NaCler?
Haha. I would hang out with NaCler anytime anywhere, sauerkraut or not. :lol:

Good times Thanks for some of the tips Amy. We really had a great time.