WDW Jan 18-25, 2015 Report

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

JenMuse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host
Location: Los Osos, California (a.k.a. 2,714 miles from the Polynesian)

WDW Jan 18-25, 2015 Report

Post by JenMuse » Jan Fri 02, 2015 6:02 pm

Prepping my thread. Really looking forward to this trip with my dad. And hoping we can get a last minute OKW suite upgrade cause he snores mightily. When it was a mom & me trip, one bedroom was plenty of space for us and sharing a bed no big deal, but now I'm looking at a week on a fold out sofa bed and my about-to-turn-40 years-old back is not going to be happy with that.

But still, we'll be at WDW! Got dinner reservations all lined up and fast pass plus reservations made...can't wait to see the new 7 Dwarfs Mine Train and the completion of the Fantasyland expansion. And all the other changes (Peter Pan queue, hat removal progress, Poly construction). Plus just quality time with my dad. We're planning a stroll through our old stomping grounds (Ft. Wilderness) and relaxing poolside too.

Check back for photos.

Oh and this just in, the travel agency I work part time for just earned the Authorized by Disney earmark! Super excited to be part of the team at JK Mouse Travel (http://jkmousetravel.com/)! We need to update our site to reflect our new status.
  • 1980-93: Fort Wilderness
    1996: All-Stars Movie
    1999: rented a private home
    2008: Hilton Grand Vacation Club at International Drive (HGVC)
    2009: All-Stars Music & Pop Century
    2010: HGVC at I-Drive
    2011: Anaheim Hilton (DisneyLand)
    2012: HGVC at I-Drive & Caribbean Beach Resort
    2013: HGVC-Parc Soleil & Port Orleans Riverside AND Anaheim Hilton
    2015: Old Key West & Saratoga Springs

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: WDW Jan 18-25, 2015 Report

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 02, 2015 6:41 pm

That is so great that you and your Dad will still be able to make the trip. I understand about the whole snoring thing ~ Figment can be noisy sometimes, but she has become quieter in the last few years...or I have gotten better at sleeping though it :lol:
And ugh to the fold out bed...if you do that, maybe ask for some extra blankets to lay down and make it cushier?
Have you not been since the new Fantasyland opened? That will be neat to see all the new things. I'm looking forward to that myself when we next go. In the meantime I will be anxiously awaiting your photos :D
Congrats to you and your travel agency ~ sounds like a great accomplishment! :mickey:

JenMuse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by JenMuse » Jan Fri 02, 2015 7:09 pm

Most of it was done for my last visit (Jan 2013) but the loop around the 7 dwarfs wasn't open, it dead-ended at Mermaid and made for a big bottleneck area. Some of the circus area was still behind walls as was Rapunzel's bathroom area.

The Many Adventures of Pooh was down for unscheduled repairs and a few minor spaces of Small World were behind construction cloths.

I sprang for Disney's Memory Maker this trip cause it's hard to get pictures together; so, I hope to have some great shots of Dad and me.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 02, 2015 9:11 pm

JenMuse wrote:Most of it was done for my last visit (Jan 2013) but the loop around the 7 dwarfs wasn't open, it dead-ended at Mermaid and made for a big bottleneck area. Some of the circus area was still behind walls as was Rapunzel's bathroom area.

The Many Adventures of Pooh was down for unscheduled repairs and a few minor spaces of Small World were behind construction cloths.

I sprang for Disney's Memory Maker this trip cause it's hard to get pictures together; so, I hope to have some great shots of Dad and me.
Smart thinking on the Memory Maker ~ as a bonus you will have some great backgrounds in your photos!

Thumper1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Thumper1 » Jan Sat 03, 2015 6:27 pm

I hope you enjoy your trip! I can't wait to read your trip report!( I'm technology challenged, so when I went in June 2014, I chose not to do a trip report! :oops: ) Again, Enjoy!!!!

JenMuse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by JenMuse » Jan Mon 05, 2015 12:00 pm

brerrabbit1 wrote:I hope you enjoy your trip! I can't wait to read your trip report!( I'm technology challenged, so when I went in June 2014, I chose not to do a trip report! :oops: ) Again, Enjoy!!!!
My sister and her best friend are in WDW right now. I'm totally stalking their Memory Maker photos cause I booked their trip and have access to their myDisneyExperience accounts.

I'd be jealous if my own trip wasn't so close.