September 2015 Trip!

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

zammis
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Re: September 2015 Trip!

Post by zammis » Aug Sat 23, 2014 4:49 am

Haha no worries! These forums are great! Do you teach? If so, that's awesome!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sat 23, 2014 9:02 am

zammis wrote:Haha no worries! These forums are great! Do you teach? If so, that's awesome!
Ms Swann is going to kill us for pirating her thread! :lol: But yes, I am a full time traveling piano teacher and pick up the occasional days at the high school as a substitute teacher.

zammis

Post by zammis » Aug Sun 24, 2014 12:32 pm

Amy wrote:
zammis wrote:Haha no worries! These forums are great! Do you teach? If so, that's awesome!
Ms Swann is going to kill us for pirating her thread! :lol: But yes, I am a full time traveling piano teacher and pick up the occasional days at the high school as a substitute teacher.

Wow that's cool ha! Awesome! Do you ever play Subsonic Radio in your classes haha? If not, I bet they would love it! Until some annoying long loop starts haha

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sun 24, 2014 1:53 pm

zammis wrote:
Amy wrote:

Wow that's cool ha! Awesome! Do you ever play Subsonic Radio in your classes haha? If not, I bet they would love it! Until some annoying long loop starts haha
I actually did play a little for a 4th/5th grade class once. They enjoyed it, but I don't think the high school students would appreciate it as much :(

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Sep Fri 12, 2014 4:19 pm

Amy wrote:
I will do no such thing. :wink:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Fri 12, 2014 7:59 pm

elizabethswann wrote:
Amy wrote:
I will do no such thing. :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Mar Tue 10, 2015 7:11 pm

I have about 180 days until I'll be on this trip. If anyone in Subsonic land is going to be in the area around this time, I'd love to meet up with you guys! We could do a nice Subsonic meet during one of the days I'm here.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Mar Fri 20, 2015 7:28 pm

I have some exciting news. I was able to get a dinner reservation for Be Our Guest for my trip! I was unable to get it during the time my dining reservations opened but a few days later I checked on a whim and got it!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Fri 20, 2015 7:44 pm

elizabethswann wrote:I have some exciting news. I was able to get a dinner reservation for Be Our Guest for my trip! I was unable to get it during the time my dining reservations opened but a few days later I checked on a whim and got it!
Nice! I'll be curious to see what you think of the food ~ plus you'll be able to meet the Beast!

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Mar Sat 21, 2015 12:15 am

elizabethswann wrote:I have some exciting news. I was able to get a dinner reservation for Be Our Guest for my trip! I was unable to get it during the time my dining reservations opened but a few days later I checked on a whim and got it!
Yay! Glad one opened up for you. :goofy_bounce:
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Mar Sat 21, 2015 9:29 pm

Amy wrote:
Nice! I'll be curious to see what you think of the food ~ plus you'll be able to meet the Beast!
I'm looking up the menu on AllEars to see what I'd possibly get. Oh I heard about getting to meet the Beast! I'm looking forward to that. I was very fortunate enough to get to meet him and Belle at the France Pavilion and I hear he's rare there.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Sun 22, 2015 7:22 am

elizabethswann wrote:I'm looking up the menu on AllEars to see what I'd possibly get. Oh I heard about getting to meet the Beast! I'm looking forward to that. I was very fortunate enough to get to meet him and Belle at the France Pavilion and I hear he's rare there.
I've seen Belle and the Beast out down by the water a few times, but we never stopped as we generally don't stand in the lines to meet the characters. From a quick poke around online, it looks like the only place to meet them now is at the MK at BOG as they stopped doing meet and greets in EPCOT in 2012 :( So, good thing you got your ressies!

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Mar Tue 24, 2015 9:39 pm

Amy wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:I'm looking up the menu on AllEars to see what I'd possibly get. Oh I heard about getting to meet the Beast! I'm looking forward to that. I was very fortunate enough to get to meet him and Belle at the France Pavilion and I hear he's rare there.
I've seen Belle and the Beast out down by the water a few times, but we never stopped as we generally don't stand in the lines to meet the characters. From a quick poke around online, it looks like the only place to meet them now is at the MK at BOG as they stopped doing meet and greets in EPCOT in 2012 :( So, good thing you got your ressies!
Wow, I was pretty lucky then. My first trip was January 2012 so that was some luck there.

blackfroggy
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by blackfroggy » Apr Sun 05, 2015 11:15 am

I'll probably be working around the area at that time. You are going to love the Poly resort!!!

:ccat:
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/ww348/757hokie/DIS/bar_monorail.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w253/raeversman/graphics/userbars/tomorrowland.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/Amneris2005/Misc/wdw-cast-member.gif[/img][/url]
Happy Birthday Monorail Teal (11-04-09)

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Apr Tue 07, 2015 9:27 am

Very exciting! We will be there about a month later than you. I'm looking forward to the nice fall weather and HOPING for smaller crowds. (yeah right! hehe)

We went to MNSSHP a couple of years back and we definitely had a great time. Our whole family dressed up as Peter Pan characters...lots of fun. The parade and fireworks are pretty incredible as well. My only issue is that with the extra ticket cost, I wish they would maybe not sell as many tickets to make it feel like a more VIP experience. You would think that a special event like that would give you more access to rides and shorter lines, etc - but I found the park to be EXTREMELY overcrowded. Kind of a bummer, but we still had a great time and got LOTS of candy.

Has anyone who has gone to the parks recently since the Magic Bands/FP+ has really been in full swing felt like the lines were shorter will the new system? Or at least felt like it didn't matter as much? Has it made that much difference in your park experience by the fact that even if the parks were super crowded, you may not have felt it as much or were able to get more done since the roll out? Just curious. :-)