September 2015 Trip!

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

September 2015 Trip!

Post by elizabethswann » Aug Tue 05, 2014 12:20 am

I didn't want to make a post just yet but since my friend and I have paid our deposit for our trip, I wanted to say that I will be going to WDW and USO/IOA September 6-16, 2015. I will be spending 3 days in MK, 3 days in Epcot and maybe one or two days at USF/IOA (I have to go to Harry Potter. Plus I'm a USH employee so I can use my employee comp tickets to trade in for USO tickets). We'll be staying at the Polynesian because we made it a mission to stay there after we walked the grounds during our first trip in 2012. I've been dying to return to WDW since we last visited in 2012 so now I'm happy to say that I'm working my way to going in September. I'm still saving up for the final payment since my best friend and I are splitting the payment in half but that's not a problem since I save some cash with each paycheck.

If anyone is going to be in WDW around that time, I would love to see some of you! To those that I have on Facebook, let me know there too!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: September 2015 Trip!

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 05, 2014 6:00 am

elizabethswann wrote:I didn't want to make a post just yet but since my friend and I have paid our deposit for our trip, I wanted to say that I will be going to WDW and USO/IOA September 6-16, 2015. I will be spending 3 days in MK, 3 days in Epcot and maybe one or two days at USF/IOA (I have to go to Harry Potter. Plus I'm a USH employee so I can use my employee comp tickets to trade in for USO tickets). We'll be staying at the Polynesian because we made it a mission to stay there after we walked the grounds during our first trip in 2012. I've been dying to return to WDW since we last visited in 2012 so now I'm happy to say that I'm working my way to going in September. I'm still saving up for the final payment since my best friend and I are splitting the payment in half but that's not a problem since I save some cash with each paycheck.

If anyone is going to be in WDW around that time, I would love to see some of you! To those that I have on Facebook, let me know there too!
How exciting! That is awesome news Ms. Swann :D Skipping Animal Kingdom and the Studios altogether though?

Ed Jarka
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by Ed Jarka » Aug Tue 05, 2014 9:29 am

We have been back now from Disney for about 2 weeks. And I am still feeling depressed about leaving. We are trying to see if we can go sometime during Christmas. While we were down there we looked at some homes and communities too. We hope to move down there within the next 2 years. We are from Plainfield IL. that is west of Chicago. Hope everyone has a Magical visit to Disney!

Ed Jarka
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by Ed Jarka » Aug Tue 05, 2014 9:32 am

You will LOVE the Polynesian resort

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Aug Wed 06, 2014 4:32 pm

That's great. It's never too early to start planning your Disney trip!
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Aug Sun 10, 2014 11:20 pm

You know I will try my best to get down there sometime during your stay. Please keep me posted.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Aug Mon 18, 2014 7:30 pm

I'd love to gather up some Subsonic people to at least see whoever I can! It's been a while since I've seen anyone and I saw two Subsonic-ers last time.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Mon 18, 2014 7:35 pm

elizabethswann wrote:I'd love to gather up some Subsonic people to at least see whoever I can! It's been a while since I've seen anyone and I saw two Subsonic-ers last time.
It's a safe bet that rdeacon and his lovely wife will be in the parks if you are going to be there on a weekend :D

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Aug Wed 20, 2014 5:25 pm

I will be there for a weekend! So I hope they pop in. :)

zammis
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by zammis » Aug Thu 21, 2014 6:46 am

I am also on holiday that month too! Are the queues for the rides faster than the likes of July or August?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 21, 2014 9:36 am

zammis wrote:I am also on holiday that month too! Are the queues for the rides faster than the likes of July or August?
The queues should be shorter with the schools back in session, although there are probably increased crowds with the free dining that was offered as part of travel packages, Food and Wine, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, and Night of Joy happening during that month.

zammis

Post by zammis » Aug Thu 21, 2014 11:41 am

Amy wrote:
zammis wrote:I am also on holiday that month too! Are the queues for the rides faster than the likes of July or August?
The queues should be shorter with the schools back in session, although there are probably increased crowds with the free dining that was offered as part of travel packages, Food and Wine, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, and Night of Joy happening during that month.
Thanks Amy! That's great! Another question, when does Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party officially start? I love it!!! Although I have never seen it in person!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 21, 2014 12:26 pm

zammis wrote:
Amy wrote:
Thanks Amy! That's great! Another question, when does Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party officially start? I love it!!! Although I have never seen it in person!
Looks like it starts September 1st and runs through October 31. It mentions it runs select nights so I'm not entirely sure what all nights are included. I would guess it might be on the official calendar. The real bummer is that if you don't have tickets for MNSSHP, then you have a relatively short day in the MK because it looks like the park closes at 7 those nights :(
Here is a link to the official site https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/event ... een-party/
It does look like fun and I hope to go someday when I can get all dressed up. I'd love to be able to get my picture with Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and the Hitchhiking Ghosts! :hm_ghost: And the parade looks pretty cool as well :D

zammis

Post by zammis » Aug Thu 21, 2014 1:38 pm

Thanks Amy! That's great! Another question, when does Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party officially start? I love it!!! Although I have never seen it in person![/quote]
Looks like it starts September 1st and runs through October 31. It mentions it runs select nights so I'm not entirely sure what all nights are included. I would guess it might be on the official calendar. The real bummer is that if you don't have tickets for MNSSHP, then you have a relatively short day in the MK because it looks like the park closes at 7 those nights :(
Here is a link to the official site https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/event ... een-party/
It does look like fun and I hope to go someday when I can get all dressed up. I'd love to be able to get my picture with Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and the Hitchhiking Ghosts! :hm_ghost: And the parade looks pretty cool as well :D[/quote]

Cool! that's GREAT! I would love to see that parade! Thanks for all the info again! It only seems to be us using the forums aha! :hm_ghost: :hm_ghost: :hm_ghost: :hm_ghost: :hm_ghost: :hm_ghost: :hm_ghost: :goofy_bounce:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 21, 2014 7:46 pm

There are days where there aren't a lot of people. Glad you are here keeping me company :D although I am ready for school to start up again so maybe I can pick up some teaching days and make a little money toward my next Disney trip ;) :lol: