14 days of Magic - My Trip Report

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: 14 days of Magic - My Trip Report

Post by MmeLeota » May Thu 22, 2014 2:22 pm

mindflipper wrote:
NaCler wrote:Can't wait to read more about the trip... especially about the "amazing people" you met!
How "amazing" can those people be, NaCler? I hear they took him to lunch at Biergarten in Germany. You think he would get enough of German food at home... :wink:

Great report so far, E-M! Keep'em coming!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fantastic start, Epcotmaniac! I am impressed that you were at WDW for 14 days and ONLY got 1250+ pictures! We were there 5 days (plus 3 days in Puerto Rico) and had well over 3000 pictures (of which I am still going through when there's time)! Of course, we had 4 cameras between the 2 of us... :roll:
I couldn't imagine the number of pictures we would have for 14 days!

Looking forward to the rest of your report! :)

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » May Fri 23, 2014 7:56 pm

AGREED!!! :D :goofy:

Epcotmaniac
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Epcotmaniac » Aug Sun 10, 2014 2:44 pm

Here comes part two of my trip report.

Which park to go on the first day can be a tough question. I decided to visit Epcot, MGM Studios and MK on the first day.

Although I had a long trip the day before I woke up at around 6.30 am in the morning thanks to the time delay to Germany. I wasn't tired at all and was able to walk the whole day through three parks and spend the evening at DTD. Must be the Disney Magic.

I first decided to ride Spaceship Earth, my all-time favorite ride. Afterwards I headed to Soarin, which I had a FP for, and was lucky to get one of the best seats in the front row in the center. While in the queue I was talking to a family which asked me what my Magic Band was. I told them about the many advantages and also showed them the Disney MyMagic app. They've never heard of it before and used some other apps for the waiting times, which were not so accurate.

After that great ride I said Nemo hello, wandered around World Showcase and had some great Sushi in Japan.

After a short break and lunch at the Pop I took a bus to MGM, visited the Muppet Show and rode the new Star Tours. At first I didn't like the new version but as more often I went on ST the more I liked it. The idea that every ride is different is great. I had bad luck at the Indiana Jones Stunt Show. I got a really bad seat in the very last row because I was too late. So I decided to skip it and went over to the MK.

Before my trip I read that Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover should be down for refurbishment during my stay. But when I arrived at Tomorrowland I was so surprised seeing it in operation it saved my day. I love that ride, its so calm and you have a wonderful view. I rode it three times in a row.

I ride the obligatory rides like PotC, BTR and enjoyed the atmosphere while the sun sets. Now it was time to head to DTD to meet one of my best friends James. He lives in Jacksonville and he decided to visit me. We first met in 2005 in Orlando and we have met us since in 2006 and 2010. He stayed for three nights at my room. We met us at the Pin trading hut in DTD and had a great night there. On the way back to the Pop we had a short stop at McDonalds and I stopped at Gooding's to get my fruity and Cocoa Pebbles, some drinks and muffins.

If you want to know what happened during James stay and why Gooding's ruined three days of my vacation you have to tune in next time.
Meanwhile you can watch a little video from Japan.
http://vid1247.photobucket.com/albums/g ... G_0352.mp4

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sun 10, 2014 4:13 pm

Oooo, some suspense with this post. Now I'm curious what happened at Gooding's! Sounds like a great first day Epcotmaniac...and now I'm off to see the video from Japan :D

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Aug Mon 11, 2014 1:21 pm

That foreshadowing tells me that something provided by Goodings created a severe amount of digestive distress in our dear friend Epcotmaniac. :(
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Mon 11, 2014 8:47 pm

cy1229 wrote:That foreshadowing tells me that something provided by Goodings created a severe amount of digestive distress in our dear friend Epcotmaniac. :(
Oooo, I hadn't thought of that. I thought perhaps they were out of his beloved Fruity Pebbles and Cocoa Pebbles. Time will tell...

rphillips14
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by rphillips14 » Aug Sat 30, 2014 7:15 pm

Where's the pics?

Thumper1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Thumper1 » Oct Fri 24, 2014 5:53 pm

great pictures ! can't wait to see more!!