Wilderness Lodge First Timer

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

MarcV
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Wilderness Lodge First Timer

Post by MarcV » Mar Tue 11, 2014 11:46 am

Ever since joining DVC i have always wanted to stay here and finally got lucky with reservations for October :hm_ghost: This is only my second time staying at a Magic Kingdom Resort (first was the Contemporary back in 01) So any tips for this area and Hotel. Excited about the opportunity to have meals at Whispering Canyon and Kona Cafe :goofy:

Jungle Joe

Re: Wilderness Lodge First Timer

Post by Jungle Joe » Mar Wed 26, 2014 9:58 am

We always enjoy the boat rides from Wilderness Lodge to MK and other MK resorts.

Also, Wilderness Lodge is a great location for pin trading. Ask about the pin book at the pin station and the front desk.

Alacrity
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Alacrity » Mar Wed 26, 2014 10:51 am

For a quiet spot to sit for a bit, look for the train room in the Villas (to the right as you go in the main doors). There's a small fire place there and is a nice spot for a rest. Kona Cafe is over in the Poly and is yummy. At WL, in addition to Whispering Canyon there is the Roaring Forks snack bar (soda mugs and quick breakfast and lunch stuff) and Artist Point for a really nice and delicious sit down restaurant (also somewhat pricey but top notch).

MarcV

Post by MarcV » Mar Thu 27, 2014 10:18 am

Thanks guys. Heard so many good things about Kona Cafe that it is already on my list :) Will definitely spend some time in the train room then and sounds like a good place to get my niece started on pin trading:)