Changing and upgrading Resort reservations

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Changing and upgrading Resort reservations

Post by cousininmiami » Feb Wed 26, 2014 1:21 pm

I have just discovered something that maybe other people have figured out before, changing your resort reservation before an upcoming trip is easy and awesome! We are headed to WDW in a couple days, as Fla residents and Annual Passholders from Miami, we go up to WDW a few times a year staying usually off property for the best deal.

This time we decided to stay on property. So I got a pretty good rate at the Caribbean Beach Resort $171/night +taxes and then started looking at the Disney website every few days. So, about a week ago a rate at the Beach Club Resort came up for $267/night +taxes... so I immediately called Disney and they changed us to the Beach club! I figured $96 a night was worth it, and had already paid a down payment anyways so not too much more = awesome!!

But I was not finished looking.... I look at the Disney site every day, once in the morning, once in the afternoon to see what other deals they might have. You never know! So this morning, I go to the Disney site, low and behold another great deal just popped up! The Contemporary Resort!! Rate of $270/night +taxes was amazing! I immediately called the Disney travel number again and I got it! I was almost in tears when it was confirmed! Because we go to Disney so much we always say that where we stay is not that important, we use our dollars elsewhere like taking another trip. But seriously, I never thought I could afford the Contemporary, the rate is usually so high---like $400+ per night!

So now we are going to the Contemporary Resort... I haven't stayed there in 42 years! (wow that was a long time ago) And I am here to tell you that after making a reservation, don't be married to it! Be willing to look every day and make a change, you never know where it might take you! I do believe in Disney magic... don't give up!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Changing and upgrading Resort reservations

Post by Amy » Feb Wed 26, 2014 1:51 pm

Wow ~ the Contemporary ~ that's awesome cousininmiami! I hope you end up with a great view!! :D

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Feb Wed 26, 2014 1:57 pm

wow awesome have fun!!!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Feb Thu 27, 2014 4:41 pm

Happy to hear that you will be at the Contempory. That was a good bargain. Enjoy your trip. :D :goofy: