My First WDW Trip Report-Feb 2014

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: My First WDW Trip Report-Feb 2014

Post by Amy » Mar Sun 02, 2014 10:38 pm

Awww, your trip is almost over :(
I do like the rice krispie treats! I've never had one of the big ones. Don't know if they would be very tasty. My favorites aren't so pretty, but they are super fresh tasting ~ they are the rice krispie bricks from the Sunshine Seasons food court in The Land. I have to have at least one of those every trip. I don't even really look at the other desserts there anymore...I have one mission for dessert there! :lol:
I like that NASA picture in the American Adventure Pavilion as well :D
You know you are really making me look like a slacker since you are finishing your report so quickly. I really need to get working on that again. If only I was more organized and had my taxes ready to go...darn responsibilities anyhow :roll:
Last edited by Amy on Mar Mon 03, 2014 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Mar Mon 03, 2014 7:56 am

I'm escaping real life via the trip report, but after an unproductive weekend I need to stop that :(. So the last day may be a little later in being posted. Although it'll be shorter, so maybe I can use it as motivation to get some real work done so I can finish this fun writing.

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Mar Sun 09, 2014 9:59 am

Well here it is, our last day, always a sad occurrence :(

It was made slightly easier by the bad weather. It was a cool day and rainy. Even the lifeguards were all bundled up.

With the early closing of the pools, and our full days at the parks, I hadn't had a chance to swim on the nice days. The pool opened at 7am though, so this morning I had the opportunity to do some laps in the empty bowling pin pool. It was even heated, which made getting in super easy, getting out into the cold air, not quite as much. We'd walked by the pool several times on the first day before my Dad pointed out what the building was suppose to be. I had looked at it in passing, recognized it was the guest laundry facilities, saw a series of numbers and wondering what they meant. Of course when he pointed out it was the bowling shoe rack, I had the "oh yeah, how did I not see that" reaction :oops: .

The lake and Art of Animation didn't look as welcoming as the other night.

We splurged on breakfast this morning and enjoyed Mickey waffles! It took some time to find which food station had them, having scrolling menu boards means you have to wait and hope you've read the whole thing before moving on.

We packed up and checked out, which was sort of like ripping off a band aid, it happened to fast it was almost unnoticeable. I went to the main lobby and by the time I walked through the empty line someone with an ipad had approached and asked if I was checking in. Unfortunately, I had to say, no we were checking out. They asked for a room number, and that was it. A second later they said it was all done. The magic of technology when all that's required is pressing a button to deactivate magic bands.

But we weren't heading off site just yet, the rest of the morning was for Downtown Disney shopping!

What's not to love about the World of Disney store, so many sections! We checked out some of the other shops, got a free sample at Ghirardelli's Chocolate shop and Goofy's Candy Store. That place was amazing, so much sugar.

They also had made while you watch treats. A regular size Mickey shape rice krispie was dunked in chocolate, then coated in a choice of candy and drizzled with more chocolate. The end size was huge!

I thought this was really cute. There was a matching Mickey version too.

We stopped by the art store and I took a few pictures of my favourites. To bad there isn't a firework that would create this shape over the castle.

Even one of the red head.

This is probably my favourite, at least at the moment, but beyond the acceptable price range for a souvenir. He looks like he's concocting something :)

And with a final reminder that it all started with a mouse we headed off.

Too bad it wasn't a lovely drive off into the sunset. On our trip north we were exposed to the harsh realities of February again.

Can't wait for the next trip Walt Disney World. Is it too soon to start planning? ;)

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Mar Sun 09, 2014 11:51 am

Great report!! Did you go back to Ice Station Zebra?? :shock: :P :lol: 8-) :D :roll: :wink:
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Sun 09, 2014 3:32 pm

Aww, it's all over :( I made some inroads on my tax prep this weekend, but not enough to get back to working on my TR sadly. At least I have something to look forward to ~ sifting through more DL pictures! :mickey:
Thanks for an awesome TR ~ looking forward to your next one! :D

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Mar Tue 11, 2014 6:35 am

Thanks for reading Amy! Good luck with your taxes. I look forward to hearing about the final days at California Adventure when you get back to your trip report :)