IT'S OFFICIAL!!!

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Metalfan
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

IT'S OFFICIAL!!!

Post by Metalfan » Jan Mon 27, 2014 12:58 pm

My GF and I ARE taking a trip to Disney!!!

For those that don't know, we were supposed to go to Disney last year but the GF got a new job and she couldn't get time off. So we had to cancel that. Then late last year we decided that this year we are moving from SC to TN. It's a pretty big move. So, we decided to put Disney off until 2015. We decided that with all the trips we have to make to Nashville to look for apartments and her go to interviews, etc that she just wouldn't have enough time off from work. We wanted to do a week at Disney.

SO yesterday we're walking around Target and she sees some Disney stuff and we start talking about how much we both wish we could go to Disney. Well, after talking about it for awhile we decided to take a 4 day 3 night trip to Disney! It's not what we wanted but really, we felt that we deserved a vacation with all the moving stuff. This is her first trip to Disney since we she was like 5. So she has very few memories. That's why we wanted to wait and do it for a week or so. But she wants to go for this short trip and then we'll plan a bigger trip after we move. So it should be fun! I'm looking at April for the trip but haven't really started planning yet. Was just thrilled that we finally agreed we could do this trip. :donald:

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: IT'S OFFICIAL!!!

Post by cy1229 » Jan Mon 27, 2014 1:16 pm

Hey, a little Disney is better than no Disney!! That's great!!! :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce:
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Metalfan

Post by Metalfan » Jan Mon 27, 2014 1:25 pm

I agree and it was more getting her to realize that. We figured she can take 1 day off work and we can leave when she gets off work the day before that and it gives us basically 3 whole days and a nice relaxing night to enjoy a couple parks.

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Jan Mon 27, 2014 2:03 pm

Awesome!
Yes, I agree with Cy---take what you can get. It will certainly "scratch your itch" for a little while anyway.

Keep us posted on the planning!

Metalfan

Post by Metalfan » Jan Mon 27, 2014 2:17 pm

Thanks! The one thing I know for sure is that we will be at All Star Sports. That's only because we took a trip last year down there but didn't do Disney and that's where we stayed so she considers it our hotel.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Mon 27, 2014 2:37 pm

Nice ~ that is great that you will be taking a trip soon. We like the All Stars ~ nothing fancy, but a good place to lay your head at night and a good food court for a quick breakfast in the morning :D Hopefully you can find a good deal for when you are planning on going!

Metalfan

Post by Metalfan » Jan Mon 27, 2014 3:37 pm

Yea Amy that's why I enjoy those type of resorts. I don't spend a lot of time in the hotel at Disney and I know she won't either. That's all I want is somewhere to be able to sleep and relax for a bit. I don't see the need to spend $$$$$$$$$$$ on a hotel there. I think we can get deals but really I've been budgeting for a short trip incase she said yes.

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » Jan Mon 27, 2014 5:48 pm

cy1229 wrote:Hey, a little Disney is better than no Disney!! That's great!!! :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce:

Amen to that...... :D :goofy: