First weekend in March

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Re: First weekend in March

Post by cousininmiami » Feb Tue 04, 2014 10:06 am

boilerbabe wrote:cousininmiami, first of all, very excited for your upcoming trip! Second, I LOVE your manicure and how in the world do you do that yourself?!?!?! Very impressed! 8-)
Red, black and white nail polish... paint the red on nails (2) coats then I do very carefully the Mickey head on my left hand (because I'm right-handed so its easier). Then just do white dots on the right hand, which is harder for me because my left hand is not as accurate! Then I just put a clear coat on top... It's really easy, just get some polish and try it!!! 8-)
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Feb Tue 04, 2014 10:51 am

I may have to do that in honor of our upcoming trip! :) I love it! Great idea cousininmiami!

We stayed at CBR in 2012 and loved it. Of course, it was the first time we had ever stayed on property so it wouldn't have mattered what resort it was. :lol: IMHO, if it was absolutely necessary to "characterize" the rooms as part of the remodel, I would have rather seen it themed to 'The Little Mermaid' rather than 'Finding Nemo'. Since it's known that Nemo takes place in Australia and though no specific details about TLM location are told, Sebastian has a Caribbean-style accent...it seems to be the better fit.
That said, I loved that overall the theming in the room was mostly subtle and not totally overpowering in the room (but I loved the 'waterfall' curtains). Other than that, we loved exploring the grounds and watching the turtles in the lake while walking the beach.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Feb Tue 04, 2014 11:41 pm

cousininmiami wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:cousininmiami, first of all, very excited for your upcoming trip! Second, I LOVE your manicure and how in the world do you do that yourself?!?!?! Very impressed! 8-)
Red, black and white nail polish... paint the red on nails (2) coats then I do very carefully the Mickey head on my left hand (because I'm right-handed so its easier). Then just do white dots on the right hand, which is harder for me because my left hand is not as accurate! Then I just put a clear coat on top... It's really easy, just get some polish and try it!!! 8-)
I could still not do that!!! :lol: I have trouble painting my own figernails one solid color! Maybe I could try my toes????

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Feb Wed 05, 2014 11:34 am

boilerbabe wrote:
cousininmiami wrote:
I could still not do that!!! :lol: I have trouble painting my own figernails one solid color! Maybe I could try my toes????
You have to try it!!! It is totally easy! Really, trust me, if I can do it... anyone can!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Feb Wed 19, 2014 10:55 am

Trip is getting closer... getting excited! We have the Magic Bands and Fastpasses reserved, this is going to be interesting!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Feb Wed 19, 2014 6:48 pm

We got our magic bands last week. What color did you end up with?
We haven't done Fastpasses yet since we don't know which park we'll be in on any given day. We tend to fly by the seats of our pants rather than plan every single moment.

(Ha! As I type this response, there is a WDW commercial on, promoting magic bands... :lol: )

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Wed 19, 2014 10:11 pm

MmeLeota wrote:We got our magic bands last week. What color did you end up with?
We haven't done Fastpasses yet since we don't know which park we'll be in on any given day. We tend to fly by the seats of our pants rather than plan every single moment.

(Ha! As I type this response, there is a WDW commercial on, promoting magic bands... :lol: )
What colors did y'all pick? Will you make some FP arrangements before you go and then change them when you arrive if necessary?

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Feb Wed 19, 2014 10:20 pm

We ended up with red and green...
We may make FP arrangements a day or two before, but until we have more info...we'll wait.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Wed 19, 2014 10:23 pm

MmeLeota wrote:We ended up with red and green...
We may make FP arrangements a day or two before, but until we have more info...we'll wait.
Christmasey! Sounds like it is easy enough to change your FP once you arrive so hopefully you can take full advantage of them! :D

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Feb Wed 19, 2014 10:30 pm

Yeah, I didn't want it to be Christmasey, but sometimes things don't go the way you planned... :? Now, if they had purple...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Wed 19, 2014 10:35 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Yeah, I didn't want it to be Christmasey, but sometimes things don't go the way you planned... :? Now, if they had purple...
As long as you are each wearing your own, it won't be too Christmasey ;) I am sort of surprised they don't have a purple. A pretty lilac would be nice! :D

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Feb Wed 19, 2014 10:37 pm

Amy wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:Yeah, I didn't want it to be Christmasey, but sometimes things don't go the way you planned... :? Now, if they had purple...
As long as you are each wearing your own, it won't be too Christmasey ;) I am sort of surprised they don't have a purple. A pretty lilac would be nice! :D
I would also like a purple/lilac color!!! :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Thu 20, 2014 12:58 pm

I wonder why not a loyal, purple pigment? Then it could remind you of... :mrgreen: ..really, do I need to say it? :wink: :roll:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Thu 20, 2014 2:38 pm

mindflipper wrote:I wonder why not a loyal, purple pigment? Then it could remind you of... :mrgreen: ..really, do I need to say it? :wink: :roll:
I'll say it!
:figment: :figment: :figment: :figment: :figment: :figment: :figment: :figment: :figment: :figment: :lol:

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Feb Thu 20, 2014 4:05 pm

Amy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:I wonder why not a loyal, purple pigment? Then it could remind you of... :mrgreen: ..really, do I need to say it? :wink: :roll:
I'll say it!
:figment: :figment: :figment: :figment: :figment: :figment: :figment: :figment: :figment: :figment: :lol:
ImAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAginaaaation,
ImAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAginaaaation
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016