First weekend in March

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

First weekend in March

Post by cousininmiami » Jan Thu 23, 2014 10:54 pm

Well, I broke down today and made reservations on property for our next trip.... actually just to finally get a Magic Band! Ok, so don't judge me, I have been feeling really left out!

Being that we live in Miami, we do take a lot of trips up to Orlando. So because of the multiple trips we do not generally stay on property, we have a few favorite Hotels that cost significantly less and we use the "savings" on dining etc. But I really wanted to to a really-real Disney trip this time, not just for the Magic Bands but for the Fastpass+ reservations and well.... also just 'cause I whined a lot!

Here is the rundown....
Friday drive up mid day. Check in to our resort... go to Hollywood Studios. Dinner at Hollywood and Vine. Fastpasses at Toy Story, Great Movie Ride (you don't really need one for this) and Tower of Terror. Fantasmic that night!

Saturday - Magic Kingdom. Starting with an 8:15am tour, Marceline to Magic Kingdom. We have not done this tour, and will give details! Fastpass+ Mickey Mouse at Townhall, Voyage of the Little Mermaid and Haunted Mansion. Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. If we are still awake and standing, we will stay for the Electric Light Parade and Wishes.

Sunday morning - Breakfast at Captain's Tavern at the Yacht Club, then go to EPCOT. Fasspass+ at Soarin', Living With The Land and Spaceship Earth. Then back home to Miami by dinner.

For as many times as I have been to WDW (more than can be counted) we are eating at restaurants that we've never been to! As well as doing a tour we have never done! Super excited.... and PS the Magic Bands are on the way! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: First weekend in March

Post by Amy » Jan Thu 23, 2014 11:09 pm

That's exciting cousininmiami! I think you will enjoy being able to relax and completely be immersed in the world for a change :D I am really interested to hear what you think of the tour. We've never tried that one either! Don't forget the pictures of the food :D

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Jan Fri 24, 2014 10:05 am

Amy wrote:That's exciting cousininmiami! I think you will enjoy being able to relax and completely be immersed in the world for a change :D I am really interested to hear what you think of the tour. We've never tried that one either! Don't forget the pictures of the food :D
Thanks Amy!! You know I will take a bunch of pictures... be prepared! (Didn't Scar say that?) :wink:
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 24, 2014 9:19 pm

cousininmiami wrote:
Amy wrote:That's exciting cousininmiami! I think you will enjoy being able to relax and completely be immersed in the world for a change :D I am really interested to hear what you think of the tour. We've never tried that one either! Don't forget the pictures of the food :D
Thanks Amy!! You know I will take a bunch of pictures... be prepared! (Didn't Scar say that?) :wink:
I know you are really prompt with your reports too so it won't be long until we are seeing those photos! I wish I was that organized :oops:

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Jan Sun 26, 2014 7:50 pm

I might be able to report while we are there, I have done it before.... I will at least post pictures daily. I'm getting excited!

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Jan Thu 30, 2014 8:46 pm

Our Magic Bands just arrived! I screamed like a little girl.... :D :mickey: :D :mickey:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Thu 30, 2014 10:15 pm

Cute! I like the red ~ and it looks great with your Minnie manicure :mickey:
I saw a few posts on FB today about some AP holders starting to get Mickey bands...they had little sliders on them that said AP holder 2013-2014. You should check when you get there if you can get the sliders for yours!

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Jan Fri 31, 2014 12:25 am

Your nails are adorable! What resort are you staying at?
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Jan Fri 31, 2014 9:01 am

Polynesian Princess wrote:Your nails are adorable! What resort are you staying at?
Thanks Polynesian Princess! I do my nails myself.... Mickey on one hand Minnie on the other! Anyways we are staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort. We have never stayed there and the Florida res rate was $151 a night, $171 w/taxes. Not bad for a Moderate resort!

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Jan Fri 31, 2014 9:03 am

Amy wrote:Cute! I like the red ~ and it looks great with your Minnie manicure :mickey:
I saw a few posts on FB today about some AP holders starting to get Mickey bands...they had little sliders on them that said AP holder 2013-2014. You should check when you get there if you can get the sliders for yours!
Wow Amy I will be looking into this! The reason why I picked the red is because it's Mickey.... am getting excited!

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Jan Fri 31, 2014 1:27 pm

We really like CBR! They did a great job with the pool renovations a few years ago. I liked the room decorations better before the renovations, but that's a minor complaint. It used to just have a tropical beachy theme, but of course they had to add Nemo (which bothers me because isn't set in the Caribbean).

Anyways, I think CBR has one of the best locations on property. If you look at the map, you can see it's pretty centralized to all of the parks, so anywhere is just a short ride away.
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jan Fri 31, 2014 6:21 pm

cousininmiami, first of all, very excited for your upcoming trip! Second, I LOVE your manicure and how in the world do you do that yourself?!?!?! Very impressed! 8-)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 31, 2014 9:43 pm

cousininmiami wrote:
Amy wrote:Cute! I like the red ~ and it looks great with your Minnie manicure :mickey:
Wow Amy I will be looking into this! The reason why I picked the red is because it's Mickey.... am getting excited!
Found the picture on FB ~ looks like an actual slider to me and not just a paper band right? I would guess you could ask at the concierge desk or guest relations maybe?

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Feb Sat 01, 2014 5:27 pm

cousininmiami wrote:Our Magic Bands just arrived! I screamed like a little girl.... :D :mickey: :D :mickey:

Too funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :goofy:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Feb Sat 01, 2014 10:01 pm

FYI: I saw those sliders for the MB's on ebay!