March 2014

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

jderoche5
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

March 2014

Post by jderoche5 » Jan Tue 21, 2014 12:26 pm

Only going to be able to make it for one day, but I definitely plan on getting as much done as possible in the one day. Epcot's Flower and Garden Show will be our main focus, but I will be purchasing a hopper pass to maximize our Magic ;). :ccat:

The BF is already complaining that I will be making him walk too much that day............Oh well he will just have to suck it up. If by chance Snow White is open we will head over to MK to try and catch that, if not, a stop at HS might just be happening. I'm just glad he agreed to one day. We will be there in October for a week so this is just an added bonus!
Jessica
Always remember that it was started by a mouse…...

http://instagram.com/jderoche5

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: March 2014

Post by MmeLeota » Jan Tue 21, 2014 9:40 pm

One day is better than none! What day are you looking to go?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 21, 2014 10:38 pm

Nice! I would definitely be scheming to try and add just one more day to that one day though ;) Will you be getting an AP since you already know you will be heading back in October?

jderoche5

Post by jderoche5 » Jan Wed 22, 2014 8:10 am

We are visiting his parents in Tampa so I'm lucky I got this much. I did manage to squeeze a day at Typhoon Lagoon in too so I'll take it.

We are unsure of when we will go at this point. I am going to try to avoid the weekend in hopes it's a little less crowded, BUT with that week being spring break it probably doesn't matter which day we go….they'll all be crowded.

Suggestions?
Jessica

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 22, 2014 9:08 am

jderoche5 wrote:We are visiting his parents in Tampa so I'm lucky I got this much. I did manage to squeeze a day at Typhoon Lagoon in too so I'll take it.

We are unsure of when we will go at this point. I am going to try to avoid the weekend in hopes it's a little less crowded, BUT with that week being spring break it probably doesn't matter which day we go….they'll all be crowded.

Suggestions?
That's two Disney days then if you are going to Typhoon Lagoon too. You are right, it will be crowded with it being spring break, but at least there should be long park hours in anticipation of the bigger crowds. I think you are right in thinking a weekday might be a bit better. As long as you are going in with the expectation of big crowds and longer lines, and you know you are going back in October, you should be good :D

jderoche5

Post by jderoche5 » Jan Wed 22, 2014 9:55 am

We'll try and hit Soarin and TT if Possible. Spaceship Earth is always quieter at night, just in time for a much needed break. I was thinking of taking the boat over to HS and hitting RnR and ToT too.

MK is opened until midnight that whole week too.....so we def have options.
Jessica

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 22, 2014 10:51 am

jderoche5 wrote:We'll try and hit Soarin and TT if Possible. Spaceship Earth is always quieter at night, just in time for a much needed break. I was thinking of taking the boat over to HS and hitting RnR and ToT too.

MK is opened until midnight that whole week too.....so we def have options.
Sounds like you have a good plan. I imagine you should be able to get a few FP+ to help with Soarin' and TT. And there are always the single rider lines...although be careful in RnR single rider, I was stuck in that for over an hour once :shock: although I think part of that time was due to the attraction being down for a protein spill :roll:

jderoche5

Post by jderoche5 » Jan Wed 22, 2014 8:05 pm

Those darn protein spills will get ya every time.

We always use the Single rider lines….works out great. ToT lines always seems to flow pretty good, so fingers crossed.

I hope I am able to get a FP+ for Soarin and TT……If now God Help us!!!
Jessica

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Feb Thu 13, 2014 1:23 pm

jderoche5 wrote:Those darn protein spills will get ya every time.

We always use the Single rider lines….works out great. ToT lines always seems to flow pretty good, so fingers crossed.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but we are just back from wdw and you can not get fastpass plus for both Soarin and Test track on the same day.
My take get it for Soarin and ride test track in single rider line.

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Feb Thu 13, 2014 2:55 pm

Sleepy90 wrote:
jderoche5 wrote:Those darn protein spills will get ya every time.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but we are just back from wdw and you can not get fastpass plus for both Soarin and Test track on the same day.
My take get it for Soarin and ride test track in single rider line.
Sleepy is right. No FP+ for those two on the same day. And I agree FP for Soarin and single rider for TT. Works perfect as long as you are ok with not riding together. And it sounds like you are :)

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Feb Sat 15, 2014 11:32 am

Speaking as a person who does random evening visits during work trips throughout the year, you will be surprised how much you can cram into a single day. The ability to park hop is a must, and it sounds like you're in good shape jderoche. Although your BF will be complaining about walking too much, I would recommend liberal hopping to take advantage of crowd shifts. For instance, you might want to hit the main attractions at MK, HS and EC during the day and then make the rounds to all three parks again during the evening hours to hit the attractions that are dead at night.

Sounds like MK is the place you'll close with, having the latest hours. So that would mean you could easily do PoC and the new Ariel Adventure rides at night, plus most of Tomorrowland (except maybe SM) without wait.

Speaking mostly of evenings, since this is where I spend most of my visits, EC typically closes first at 9, then HS is often open until 10 or 11 and MK until 12. Assuming this is the pattern during your visit, if you are driving, I'd suggest making Epcot your base. As you say, you can then take the boat to HS and, obviously the monorail to MK. In the evening, when time is of the essence, you may want to drive from Epcot to HS so that you can then easily get from HS to close out MK and then have your car in the right position for departure.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

jderoche5

Post by jderoche5 » Feb Wed 19, 2014 10:40 am

Hitting MK will all depend if Snow White is on soft opening or not. Most soft openings are usually only available from 10am - 6pm. I was thinking it would be best to park at MK hit Snow White first, take the monorail over to Epcot, hit a couple of rides then slowly make our way around the countries. Once we hit France we would hop a boat to HS and hit a couple of the big rides before heading back to Epcot to finish out. We could then take the monorail back to TTC and decide from there upon the BF's ability to stay vertical. LOL
Jessica

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Feb Wed 19, 2014 10:51 am

jderoche5 wrote:Hitting MK will all depend if Snow White is on soft opening or not. Most soft openings are usually only available from 10am - 6pm. I was thinking it would be best to park at MK hit Snow White first, take the monorail over to Epcot, hit a couple of rides then slowly make our way around the countries. Once we hit France we would hop a boat to HS and hit a couple of the big rides before heading back to Epcot to finish out. We could then take the monorail back to TTC and decide from there upon the BF's ability to stay vertical. LOL
Sounds like you're going to need coffee! :shock:
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Wed 19, 2014 12:09 pm

cousininmiami wrote:
jderoche5 wrote:Hitting MK will all depend if Snow White is on soft opening or not. Most soft openings are usually only available from 10am - 6pm. I was thinking it would be best to park at MK hit Snow White first, take the monorail over to Epcot, hit a couple of rides then slowly make our way around the countries. Once we hit France we would hop a boat to HS and hit a couple of the big rides before heading back to Epcot to finish out. We could then take the monorail back to TTC and decide from there upon the BF's ability to stay vertical. LOL
Sounds like you're going to need coffee! :shock:
And you still have a little time to have him walking on a treadmill to get ready??