Christmas Celebration to Remember 2013

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: Christmas Celebration to Remember 2013

Post by boilerbabe » Dec Mon 23, 2013 10:26 pm

The next few days will be hectic with Christmas, so I will post Day 6:
This was our non park/relax day! We slept in until 9:00 enjoyed our breakfast and coffee as usual. My dad and Bdude went to Muscles and Bustles and I stayed with my mom, we sat on the balcony, finished our coffee, talked and people watched! Then we started packing, just making sure all dirty clothes were in the suitcases so it wouldn't be so overwhelming the day before we left, just looking at the suitcases made me sad and ill to my stomach. :cry: When the guys returned, we decided to hit the pool, it would be ashame to not take advantage of the insanely beautiful weather! We took some adult beverages from the lounge along with snacks and located the perfect table/umbrella poolside! We had to keep pinching ourselves, it was Dec. 7th, we were outside and it was warm bordering on hot! The Keister Coaster was calling to us! My mom can't do water, but she was perfectly happy in the shade with her magazine! 8-) After many trips down the Coaster, it was determined that my dad had the most speed and best form! We could not duplicate his skill level! He attributes it to many years of practice! :lol:
After the slide we enjoyed poolside, just taking it all in. We got a kick out of watching a large Egrid walking around. It was hilarious b/c there was a family walking through, the little boy had to be all of 3, the dad was saying "I wonder what kind of bird that is?" The little boy says "Egrid" the dad says again "I wonder what kind of bird that is?" The little boy says again "Egrid" The dad says to the little boy "Your feet hurt?!" The little boys says "NO, it's an Egrid"! It was really funny!!!! :lol:
We headed back up to our room and I took the opportunity to make use of the Jacuzzi tub in the master suite bath! The bath ball I got from Basin had Hidden Mickey's in it! :mickey: After everyone was relaxed and then showered, we decided to get a pizza from the BW and share it. Bdude and I had planned on Flying Fish this night but we changed plans to Cape May's for Sun. night. After pizza it was time for Fantasia Gardens! We had gotten free vouchers in our Magic Your Way package, but it said they had to be used prior to 4pm. They were nice enough to let us use them anyway! :shock: Very kind since mini golf has gone up to $14/person! I putt putted the worst game of my life! No matter how many times my mom would hit the ball, if you'd ask her what she got, she would say "3"! And then blame the humidity! It became the running joke! My dad was champion, beat Bdude by 2 strokes! We also got to see the fireworks from Fantasmic!
We headed back to the BW and it was time for dessert and Illuminations from the lounge balcony tonight! Afterwards Bdude and I took a stroll around the BW/BC/YC area, such a beautiful night! When we returned we relaxed with the fam. :D Another perfect end to a Magical day!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Tue 24, 2013 6:41 am

I love the term keister coaster! Never heard that one before :lol: You definitely win the style points though ~ you almost look like you are striking a yoga pose at the end of the slide!
What a relaxing day...I can't imagine being at WDW and not going to the parks though. Maybe someday when we live closer or can go more often I will be comfortable taking a "down" day like that :D
You are kicking my tushie with your TR. Hope you will be slowing down to enjoy Christmas with your family ~ hint, hint! ;)

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Dec Tue 24, 2013 12:47 pm

Amy wrote:I love the term keister coaster! Never heard that one before :lol: You definitely win the style points though ~ you almost look like you are striking a yoga pose at the end of the slide!
What a relaxing day...I can't imagine being at WDW and not going to the parks though. Maybe someday when we live closer or can go more often I will be comfortable taking a "down" day like that :D
You are kicking my tushie with your TR. Hope you will be slowing down to enjoy Christmas with your family ~ hint, hint! ;)
Amy, maybe B-babe is trying to inspire you. After all, what else do you have to do on Christmas day? Forget football - trip reports! :wink: :lol:

Boilerdude
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Boilerdude » Dec Tue 24, 2013 2:07 pm

Amy wrote:I love the term keister coaster! Never heard that one before :lol:
We should of took a picture of it, but there is a 1920ish poster on the slide dubbing it the Keister Coaster :D Big time fun.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Dec Tue 24, 2013 2:09 pm

Amy: I have to admit, it was hard for me to stay out of the parks for an entire day, but we had promised this was a slow down vaca. and we were keeping my mom in mind! :D It was nice to have a whatever day, I have to say, I did enjoy it! I told my family I would've felt better if we were staying 9 nights with a relax day in the schedule! They laugh at me b/c I always need just one more day in Disney!!! It's never enough!!! :lol: The Keister Coaster was so much fun! The guys looked "cute" for picture purposes only, they were very serious otherwise, laying back, crossing arms/feet and trying to gain speed. LOL. When I am happy I tend to do the diving "OK" sign with my fingers, I didn't realize I did that until I saw the piciture later on! :lol:
You will be happy to know I am taking today and tomorrow off from my TR, so I hope I have "inspired" you?! :wink:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Tue 24, 2013 3:59 pm

mindflipper wrote:
Amy wrote:I love the term keister coaster! Never heard that one before :lol: You definitely win the style points though ~ you almost look like you are striking a yoga pose at the end of the slide!
Amy, maybe B-babe is trying to inspire you. After all, what else do you have to do on Christmas day? Forget football - trip reports! :wink: :lol:
Trust me, football is never on my Christmas Day schedule...or pretty much any day except for checking on my fantasy football team...which reminds me, I should go check on that!
Boilerdude wrote:
Amy wrote:I love the term keister coaster! Never heard that one before :lol:
We should of took a picture of it, but there is a 1920ish poster on the slide dubbing it the Keister Coaster :D Big time fun.
b-dude! Good to hear from you :D Welcome back to the land of snow and ice :roll: :(
boilerbabe wrote:Amy: I have to admit, it was hard for me to stay out of the parks for an entire day, but we had promised this was a slow down vaca. and we were keeping my mom in mind! :D It was nice to have a whatever day, I have to say, I did enjoy it! I told my family I would've felt better if we were staying 9 nights with a relax day in the schedule! They laugh at me b/c I always need just one more day in Disney!!! It's never enough!!! :lol: The Keister Coaster was so much fun! The guys looked "cute" for picture purposes only, they were very serious otherwise, laying back, crossing arms/feet and trying to gain speed. LOL. When I am happy I tend to do the diving "OK" sign with my fingers, I didn't realize I did that until I saw the piciture later on! :lol:
You will be happy to know I am taking today and tomorrow off from my TR, so I hope I have "inspired" you?! :wink:
Ummm, yeah, always need one more Disney day! That is nice you slowed down for your Mom. Figment always wants to fit in as much as she can, so she might complain as I get us everywhere, but then she thanks me later for making sure we see everything we can!
Were the guys timing themselves on the slide, or is there a timer on it?

As far as being inspired, I will say I survived the day of shopping ~ although it seems like it is a bit more tiring each year. My friends' daughter turned 18 this year and will be getting her driver's license soon so she keeps saying she will be taking me shopping next year ~ and driving :shock:
And now Figment and I are off for a nice dinner out so I'm sure there won't be any TR-ing yet this evening. I wonder how many weird looks I would get tomorrow if I brought my computer and worked on the TR there while they were doing their gift exchange? ;) My friends just recently got the internet (they prioritize having satellite tv over the internet but they sort of need the later for their kids for school now so they just recently joined the rest of the connected world) so I theoretically could work on it there....And my friends always want to see our vacation photos, and I'm sure she would prefer seeing the pictures to spending the entire day with her in-laws...we shall see :twisted:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Dec Wed 25, 2013 1:50 am

It's really nice to see the actions by Disney on this trip. It's doing things like the room upgrade, presenting a certificate, or even the Mickey at Starbucks that separates Disney from everyone else. You definitely lucked out with the weather and I am glad to see the four of you had a great time in WDW. Can't wait to see more!

BTW: How did the DSLR treat you in WDW? I looked at the pictures you posted and it looks like it handled it well. Also looks like we really did get that spot out also :D
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Dec Fri 27, 2013 5:04 pm

What awesome photos, glad you had a great time. And God bless your mother. :) :goofy:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Dec Fri 27, 2013 9:22 pm

Goofyfan wrote:What awesome photos, glad you had a great time. And God bless your mother. :) :goofy:
Thank you so much!!!!! :D

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Dec Sun 29, 2013 5:39 pm

Day 7: Another beautiful day! Got up and out to run at 7:00, all went well until mile 2 1/2, that pesky hamstring again! So annoying! I was doing alright but I think the incline on the bridges and overpass is irritated it again?! Anyway, I managed 3 1/2 but was hurting. Bdude stopped with me and my dad kept going for another loop around the BW.....he wanted to "kick it in" on the last mile! God Bless him and keep him the way he is! After much needed showers (hot and humid) we had breakfast as a fam. and coffee in our suite. Today was the day we wanted to take pictures in the WS with our Slovak/Italian shirts. Slovaks 3 - Italians 1! :wink: My mom wanted to send this out to some of her friends via Christmas cards.
We headed over to Mouse Gear after to use our 20% off coupon! We had been making a list of things we wanted to purchase and were aiming to use our discount, we were mostly successful and were able to have our items sent to our room so we didn't have to walk around with everything. We took my parent's over to Club Cool, they enjoyed the new flavors minus the Beverly! My parent's were then addicted to Frozen Cokes on this trip, so we had to get those! Then we slowly made our way over to the Land. Just taking in the beautiful weather and our sorroundings. We went on Living with the Land, I love to ride this attraction at least once per vaca!
This was the first time I noticed this cute "sandman" during the holidays:

Please notice the girl to the right digging, I hope she found dinner?! Not the shot I was aiming for, but got a good laugh out of it! Hope no one is offended!?
After the Land we meandered over to the countries, Maelstrom had a short wait, rode that and browsed the gift shop. Found a pair of Helly Hansen gloves for my mom as a Christmas gift! We countinued around WS as we were on our way back to our room for a short sieasta, we had ADR's for Cape May's!!!
We did manage to stop in France for some ice cream before we exited WS! I highly recommend it!
This is my favorite shot I took of the Monorail on this trip:
Hola Donald:
We had 5:00 ADR's for Cape May! Bdude and I had not dined here since '07 and my parent's had never been! My mom has alot of issues with what she can/can't eat and she does like seafood. We promised to crack as many crab legs as she could handle! And that is just what we did! My dad and Bdude did themselves proud, :lol: We all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! My parent's said that was def. a restaurant they would repeat! We enjoyed the lobby at the BC, I am always amazed at the creations they make! We browsed the gift shop as well. Before heading over to DHS.

Took this shot prior to our ADR's:

Lobby of the BC:
I loved how "Captain" appeared to be made from wood:
I also love how each horse has a name:
"Snofia" was my personal favorite:

On our journey over to DHS this evening my mom requested we ride the Friendship aka "Slow boats to China", is Bdude and I refer to them as! :lol: We had a captain that was extremely entertaining and telling jokes! Made the ride go much faster! I will share two of his jokes..."Why can't Peter Pan stop flying?...He's from Never Neverland!" :lol: "Why would Cinderalla not be good on a soccer team?...She's always losing her shoe, she has a pumpkin for a coach and she's always late to the ball!" :lol:
DHS had EMH this evening, so I planned our FP's for later in the day. One of them being TSM! My parent's wanted to see Osborne Lights again, we spent a good deal of time there! I got this candid shot of my parent's, taking a break and enjoying the evening...

We had never ventured over to this area to see Osborne Lights, it was rather nice, no one was crowding the area, it was like our own private viewing!
After the lights, my parent's headed back to the BW, Bdude and I stayed. We got our picture with Santa Goofy! Whoever the CM was playing Santa Goofy was awesome, they were really in character and joking around with everyone, made the line go fast!
After Santa Goofy we made our way to Sunset Blvd! The Tower was calling to us!!!
I hadn't gotten a picture in a long time of the "door" that is in the exit queue of ToT. For all of you Twilight Zone fans out there...it was the episode "Little Girl Lost". I got some strange looks, but the CM knew what we were doing!!! :wink:
After ToT, Bdude and I grabbed a bench on Sunset Blvd and sat for a long while! Just taking it allll in!
We slowly made our way back to the BW, another beautiful end to a fantastic day! Only full day left *sigh*

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Sun 29, 2013 5:58 pm

Wow ~ what a beautiful day! I sort of feel sorry for b-dude in his lonely Italia shirt. He sort of looks like he was adopted by a Slovakian family for the day ;)
Perhaps that little girl was simply scratching her nose? Too funny! :lol:
Isn't it amazing what they do with those gingerbread creations? They could just as easily fashion it out of wood or styrofoam, use a scent cannon and no one would be the wiser! The fact that they take the time to bake it and assemble it is just one of the things that set them apart.
I need to brush up on my Twilight Zone history before I venture back to WDW. I've only ever seen a few episodes so I don't know a lot of the props. I didn't know anything about that door!
Love the Osborne Lights ~ I frequently zip around to find uncrowded spots and just stand back and marvel at the sheer number of lights and decorations they have up :D
Can't believe you are up to your last day already :( Slow down...make it last!!!

wewantsdaredhead

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Dec Mon 30, 2013 7:40 am

Loving this TR so far!!! The pics are superb and you Guys are always smiling :)
Awesome trip---I dont want it to end!

:)

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Dec Mon 30, 2013 10:14 pm

wewantsdaredhead wrote:Loving this TR so far!!! The pics are superb and you Guys are always smiling :)

Many thanks!!! We didn't want it to end either!

Amy: I will take a pause on my last day! :wink: P.S. If you want to catch some awesome Twilight Zone, on NYEve and Day they always run the Twilight Zone marathon on ScyFy!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Dec Mon 30, 2013 11:33 pm

Whenever I think of the Twilight Zone, I think of Mousekedude. He used to talk about the Talkey Tina, the sinister doll that haunted Tele Savalas in an episode. I saw recently some toy company has actually produced a life-size version of Talkey Tina for sale. I know he would love to have one...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Tue 31, 2013 9:26 am

boilerbabe wrote:
wewantsdaredhead wrote:Loving this TR so far!!! The pics are superb and you Guys are always smiling :)

Many thanks!!! We didn't want it to end either!

Amy: I will take a pause on my last day! :wink: P.S. If you want to catch some awesome Twilight Zone, on NYEve and Day they always run the Twilight Zone marathon on ScyFy!
mindflipper wrote:Whenever I think of the Twilight Zone, I think of Mousekedude. He used to talk about the Talkey Tina, the sinister doll that haunted Tele Savalas in an episode. I saw recently some toy company has actually produced a life-size version of Talkey Tina for sale. I know he would love to have one...
We don't have cable ~ but I'm thinking I can catch a lot of episodes for free online. I probably will cheat and just look up famous quotes and props from the Twilight Zone ~ kind of like a Cliff's notes version of catching up on TZ ;) :lol:
Talkey Tina sounds creepy!