Christmas Celebration to Remember 2013

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: Christmas Celebration to Remember 2013

Post by boilerbabe » Dec Tue 31, 2013 10:22 pm

mindflipper: Talking Tina is one of my favorite episodes!!! Bdude and I are breaking from the TZ marathon right now, I don't care for the episode they are playing at the moment. They also sell the napkin holder from the episode with a very young William Shatner! The yes/no napkin holder!!! Interesting TZ fact...in the ToT one of the queues has the real dummy from the episodes!!! No CM has ever been able to tell me which elevator shaft has the real one though! :( Love all the props they have on ToT!

Amy: I'm sure you can watch for free online somewhere, maybe even youtube? You should watch a few sometime, they really are great! Rod Serling was way ahead of his time!!!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Wed 01, 2014 12:54 am

Nowadays it seems current generations ignore the old B&W shows of old. There a lot of young fans of the current Doctor Who show on BBC America who seem totally unaware that the show started off in B&W episodes. It's amazing how many have never watched the old TZ series as well. They only stick with color episodes as if B&W never existed.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 01, 2014 1:45 am

boilerbabe wrote:mindflipper: Talking Tina is one of my favorite episodes!!! Bdude and I are breaking from the TZ marathon right now, I don't care for the episode they are playing at the moment. They also sell the napkin holder from the episode with a very young William Shatner! The yes/no napkin holder!!! Interesting TZ fact...in the ToT one of the queues has the real dummy from the episodes!!! No CM has ever been able to tell me which elevator shaft has the real one though! :( Love all the props they have on ToT!

Amy: I'm sure you can watch for free online somewhere, maybe even youtube? You should watch a few sometime, they really are great! Rod Serling was way ahead of his time!!!
We have a few stations that are showing older shows too on broadcast tv, so I'll have to keep my eyes peeled.
mindflipper wrote:Nowadays it seems current generations ignore the old B&W shows of old. There a lot of young fans of the current Doctor Who show on BBC America who seem totally unaware that the show started off in B&W episodes. It's amazing how many have never watched the old TZ series as well. They only stick with color episodes as if B&W never existed.
My students that love Dr. Who seem surprised when I tell them my brother used to watch it in the '80s :lol: Both he and his family still watch it as far as I know...

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Jan Wed 01, 2014 2:38 pm

I just turned the TZ marathon on and "Little Girl Lost" is on!!!!
That's crazy timing.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Wed 01, 2014 10:03 pm

...and at 10:30 PM on SyFy, they'll be showing the "Living Doll" episode with Telly Savalas and Talkey Tina. Right now, it's "Nightmare at 20,000 feet" with William Shatner.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jan Fri 03, 2014 7:13 pm

wewantsdaredhead wrote:I just turned the TZ marathon on and "Little Girl Lost" is on!!!!
That's crazy timing.
Fabulous timing!!!!!! :D

mindflipper: In my opinion the B&W shows were some of the best!!! I truly have an appreciation for it. I got my fill of TZ during the marathon but wanted more! :lol: I watch the marathon every year (On the 4th of July they do another) always hoping I will see and episode I've never seen before, no luck thus far! I love the TZ episodes with William Shatner. Another all time fav. of mine are "The Masks" and "The Odyssey of Flight 33". Bdude's all-time fav is "The Howling Man". Rod Serling was so ahead of his time!!! For those interested, every night at 10:00 they play a TZ episode on MeTV.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 03, 2014 7:32 pm

boilerbabe wrote:
wewantsdaredhead wrote:I just turned the TZ marathon on and "Little Girl Lost" is on!!!!
That's crazy timing.
Fabulous timing!!!!!! :D

mindflipper: In my opinion the B&W shows were some of the best!!! I truly have an appreciation for it. I got my fill of TZ during the marathon but wanted more! :lol: I watch the marathon every year (On the 4th of July they do another) always hoping I will see and episode I've never seen before, no luck thus far! I love the TZ episodes with William Shatner. Another all time fav. of mine are "The Masks" and "The Odyssey of Flight 33". Bdude's all-time fav is "The Howling Man". Rod Serling was so ahead of his time!!! For those interested, every night at 10:00 they play a TZ episode on MeTV.
I just at the tv schedule and TZ is on at 11 here on MeTV. I'll have to keep that in mind if I am ever awake that late! :lol:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jan Mon 06, 2014 12:00 am

If you happen to be up Amy, I highly recommend it!!! :D

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Feb Fri 07, 2014 11:25 pm

I feel it's time to finish up this TR!!! Our final full day at the World *sadness* My apologies...on this final post of my TR, I will do the report followed by pictures!

We slept in a bit until 9:00 and when I woke up and saw the ME envelope under the door, I threw it in the trash! Of course I had to get it back out but, felt better for that moment! :lol: We had our usual breakfast in our suite and coffee on our balcony. We were trying to suck in every moment of this bliss...
My dad, Neal and myself decided to hop on a bus to DTD while my mom was finishing up her breakfast and was going to start packing. I really wanted the new Vera Bradley purse and of course it was supposedly only at the World of Disney, I had one of those 20% off coupons until 1p.m. and didn't exclude Vera Bradley. We were lucky b/c the first bus at the stop was DTD! We made it to World of Disney in record time, only to find all they had left were the large duffle bags! :evil: So much for that! We headed back for the bus and there must have been some Pixie Dust in the air b/c the BW bus was there! My mom and I continued to pack while the guys wanted to hit up Muscles and Bustles. When they returned, we got some snacks from the lounge and headed down to the pool. We wanted to enjoy that one more time since we knew heading home it would be a VERY long time until we would be in a pool again (having no idea the kind of winter we were in store for). It was absolutely gorgeous by the pool. We rode the Keister Coaster many times then sat poolside and enjoyed our snacks. We were feeding the birds too (I am sure we were not supposed to, but they were so cute!) After we had our fill of the pool, well not really, but we had other things we wanted to accomplish! We got cleaned up and headed over to France, we had wanted to try out the new quick service they have there. It was really delicious and we had wished we went there sooner! I am not sure when they did this update?! We walked to the entrance of Epcot, rode SSE since there was no wait, then took the monorail over to MK.

MK had EMH tonight and we were going to try and get as much in as possible. We had FP's for BTMR, we were all shocked my mom wanted to ride this. There isn't much to her and with all of her issues, it doesn't take much to knock her around. She enjoyed it, but said she wouldn't ride it again! She is such a trooper! My dad did his tradtional, put his hands up when the ride is over! :roll: After that, we felt my mom deserved a DW! :P We grabbed a seat at the entrance of Adverureland, it was just one of those moments when I looked around myself and saw, I am surrounded by the people I love most in this world, it was a gorgeous night, under a gorgeous sky (the moon was incredible), we were in the MK and eating DW's, life is a good, how blessed we are. May sound silly, but it is one of my fondest memories of the trip. After that, we had FP's for Peter Pan! That was another attraction my parent's hadn't been on since I was 3! :D That is another personal fav of mine, doesn't get old! There was no waiting for the carousel! We were able to get my mom on a horse of her own! :D Then we had FP's for HM! We got stuck at the ballroom scene for a good 3 mins! We absolutely loved it, that is a great spot to be stuck!!! :hm_ghost: After HM we had planned to get a spot for Wishes, we got stuck by Splash by Main Street Electrical, which was awesome, we actually had a great view! It was super crowded on Main St., I have not seen it that crowded since we had to visit WDW in the summer time, back in the day! We managed to squash ourselves in the middle of Main St. for a pretty decent view of the Castle. No matter how many time we see Wishes, I get choked up! I was pretty happy with my fireworks shots! Finally!!!

After Wishes my mom had had enough. Her and dad headed back to the BW and Neal and I stayed for EMH. Figures, after Wishes, the park thinned out ALOT! It was much more better this way! Neal and I went to Cosmic Ray's for a bite, we got a good seat right by Sonny! Why do we find that so entertaining?! Afterwards we headed over to my beloved Carousel of Progress! Neal and I noticed some minor additions to each scene! Then we went to the Laugh Floor, there was no wait! After that we wanted to go on the "Jingle" Cruise, there was a long wait earlier and now it was walk on. I got many pictures of the Castle lit up on our way over to the Cruise! Neal said to me "how many pictures of the Castle can you possible take?" My response..."hundreds!" I have a 16GB card in my Canon, he should not tempt me! :P It was such a beautiful clear night! The "Jingle" Cruise was fun! They had each boat named differently and we had a great guide! Can anyone tell me if they have done this past years? I don't remember it before!
At this point we were getting pooped, I guess we are getting old?! We decided to take our final stroll down Main St slowly, say our good-byes and head back to the BW. I can't help shedding a few tears on that final walk down Main St. of each trip. My heart is heavy and I feel so sad. Neal and I always stop at the end of Main St., hold hands and take our final look. I had to snap more pictures (big surprise) then we left. We always say "where did the time go?"

When we arrived back at the BW, we finished packing, I sat out on the balcony with my mom and a glass of wine. One of the Innkeeper CM's who had truly been wonderful to us, Pete, got us a late check out for the next day. That was really helpful for my mom.

The ME was coming for us at 4:00 on our departure day. On that final day, we went to Epcot and DHS. Next time I think we would just do one park. But, we were trying to get in as much as possible. We never did get to take our Surey bike ride. But, overall, it was a "Magical" trip! We did write a thank you to all of the CM's that made our trip memorable! They really deserved to be recognized.

Thanks for reading and for all of those that have kept my mom in your thoughts and prayers! :wave:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Sat 08, 2014 8:30 am

Awww, the end of a TR is always so sad :( What a wonderful last full day though! Too bad they didn't have your purse. Did you manage to find it online then or in another store?
This was the first year for the Jingle Cruise. If I remember correctly they did the overlay in DL first, and then decided to go ahead and do it in WDW as well.
How many pictures can you take? I can't believe b-dude would even have to ask :roll: ;) :lol:
Love the last shot of your folks on the balcony ~ great photo! :D
Thanks for sharing with us...and now I guess I have to get myself in gear and finish mine :shock:

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » Feb Sat 08, 2014 8:49 am

Your last day report was bitter sweet. Spending the last day at Disney then having reality set in for the trip home to the dreaded winter (not so) wonderland. loved your posts and photos. Made my wife and I feel like we were there also. :D :goofy:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Feb Sat 08, 2014 7:39 pm

Amy wrote:Awww, the end of a TR is always so sad :( What a wonderful last full day though! Too bad they didn't have your purse. Did you manage to find it online then or in another store?
This was the first year for the Jingle Cruise. If I remember correctly they did the overlay in DL first, and then decided to go ahead and do it in WDW as well.
How many pictures can you take? I can't believe b-dude would even have to ask :roll: ;) :lol:
Love the last shot of your folks on the balcony ~ great photo! :D
Thanks for sharing with us...and now I guess I have to get myself in gear and finish mine :shock:
No, I never did get my VB purse! I found out after the fact that the only places they carry them is World of Disney and the Grand Floridian, which I didn't even think to look when we were there briefly. There is also rumor they are going to come out with another pattern. I like to use my VB in the summer months, so I will hold off for a while! :) Been using my Dooney & Burke Mickey purse for the winter. A friend of mine got me their CM discount on that one!

The Jingle Cruise was really clever! And I know, how dare Bdude even ask?! Thanks for reading my TR! I look forward to the rest of yours!!! :D

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Feb Sat 08, 2014 7:40 pm

Goofyfan wrote:Your last day report was bitter sweet. Spending the last day at Disney then having reality set in for the trip home to the dreaded winter (not so) wonderland. loved your posts and photos. Made my wife and I feel like we were there also. :D :goofy:
The last day in Disney is always so bitter sweet! Thanks for reading! I am glad you enjoyed! :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Thu 13, 2014 8:29 pm

Hey, b-babe, even though it comes to an end and it's a bit bittersweet, don't you find yourself thinking, "Y'know, on my next trip to Disney World, I want to..."

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Feb Thu 13, 2014 10:20 pm

mindflipper wrote:Hey, b-babe, even though it comes to an end and it's a bit bittersweet, don't you find yourself thinking, "Y'know, on my next trip to Disney World, I want to..."
Always!!! :wink: