2013 Wine and Dine Half Marathon Trip

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Re: 2013 Wine and Dine Half Marathon Trip

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Dec Sat 14, 2013 9:34 pm

The medal:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Sat 14, 2013 9:43 pm

The medal is cute! Looks like you are building up quite the hardware collection too! I offered to pay the entrance fees for my brother to run the Disney runs if he gave me the medals and he was quite agreeable to that. Suppose I should have thought that one through better...The Dopey event would be like a training run for him :roll: and those fees can add up :shock:

GeoffS
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by GeoffS » Dec Sun 15, 2013 12:13 am

After a few years of competition, more hardware and t-shirts than I need, and a sad realization that entrance fees were eating a good chunk of my drinking budget, the only medal I want to collect anymore is this one:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Sun 15, 2013 9:18 am

Oooo, that water looks cold :shock:

cccmouse
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by cccmouse » Dec Mon 16, 2013 10:10 am

Excellent TR. Really enjoyed the pictures. 23 days and counting until arrival at the A of A resort. Thanks for getting me all pumped up!

wewantsdaredhead

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Dec Mon 16, 2013 4:16 pm

cccmouse wrote:Excellent TR. Really enjoyed the pictures. 23 days and counting until arrival at the A of A resort. Thanks for getting me all pumped up!
Yeah man! lets do it!!!!
22 days until POR here :)

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Dec Sat 21, 2013 1:51 pm

Loved your TR!!! I read also prior to enjoying your pictures! :D I hope to be able to run the W&D someday! It is a different experience running at night, I always feel I run faster, maybe my mind is playing tricks on me?!

That was so cool how you tracked your son's phone and showed him on SSE! :D It is refreshing to hear how you and your wife are still in love after 19 years of marriage! Many more happy years to you! :D You have a lovely family!

We did not know about the Chase lounge?! :shock:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Sat 21, 2013 11:30 pm

boilerbabe wrote:Loved your TR!!! I read also prior to enjoying your pictures! :D I hope to be able to run the W&D someday! It is a different experience running at night, I always feel I run faster, maybe my mind is playing tricks on me?!

That was so cool how you tracked your son's phone and showed him on SSE! :D It is refreshing to hear how you and your wife are still in love after 19 years of marriage! Many more happy years to you! :D You have a lovely family!

I think the Chase lounge is only open during the Food and Wine festival, so I doubt it would have still been there when you visited...

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Dec Sun 22, 2013 2:02 pm

Amy wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:Loved your TR!!! I read also prior to enjoying your pictures! :D I hope to be able to run the W&D someday! It is a different experience running at night, I always feel I run faster, maybe my mind is playing tricks on me?!

I think the Chase lounge is only open during the Food and Wine festival, so I doubt it would have still been there when you visited...
I'm curious as to where the Chase lounge is? When we were there, there was a gated area open, people were going to, I'm wondering if that was it? Maybe not?! We noticed it by the UK pavilion, we didn't bother to investigate though.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Sun 22, 2013 5:19 pm

boilerbabe wrote:I'm curious as to where the Chase lounge is? When we were there, there was a gated area open, people were going to, I'm wondering if that was it? Maybe not?! We noticed it by the UK pavilion, we didn't bother to investigate though.
The Chase lounge during the F&W was upstairs at the American Pavilion. Here is the link to the article that was on the disneyfoodblog. It has the pictures of the lounge... http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/08/1 ... -festival/
I'd love to go sometime when it is open for a new sight perspective over the park :D

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Dec Sun 22, 2013 11:17 pm

Thanks for the article Amy! Henry did say the American Pavilion in his TR, I remember now b/c he commented on the new bathrooms! :lol: I wonder what we were seeing then???

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Mon 23, 2013 6:47 am

boilerbabe wrote:Thanks for the article Amy! Henry did say the American Pavilion in his TR, I remember now b/c he commented on the new bathrooms! :lol: I wonder what we were seeing then???
Maybe they had an AP function of some sort? Or could it have been a private dessert party for Illuminations?

wewantsdaredhead

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Dec Mon 23, 2013 9:32 am

Amy wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:Thanks for the article Amy! Henry did say the American Pavilion in his TR, I remember now b/c he commented on the new bathrooms! :lol: I wonder what we were seeing then???
Maybe they had an AP function of some sort? Or could it have been a private dessert party for Illuminations?
Thanks for covering for me Amy...
Yes it was above the AA---they had a little queue area (no one was ever in the line) and someone to check your Disney Chase Visa and they let you go up.
It was a nice retreat--i hate that it was only for F&W!