Finally booked the flights. 2/23/14 - 3/09/14 in Orlando

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Epcotmaniac
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Finally booked the flights. 2/23/14 - 3/09/14 in Orlando

Post by Epcotmaniac » Oct Fri 04, 2013 3:50 pm

Actually I wanted to go to Orlando with my parents last month but thanks to the stupidity of my brother we had to cancel the trip.

I can't wait to come back to Orlando so I decided to travel solo from 2/23 to 3/09 next year.
I booked my flights today and paid only 520 € with a stopover in Atlanta.

Pop Century Resort is still my prefered hotel and I hope that I get a good price.
When I arrive around 6.30 pm at the airport and take the DME to PC when can I expect to be there?
Anyone from the Orlando area feel free to contact me. We could meet at the parks. I've never seen Fantasmic because I don't want to see it alone.

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Re: Finally booked the flights. 2/23/14 - 3/09/14 in Orlando

Post by Goofyfan » Oct Fri 04, 2013 3:59 pm

Epcotmaniac wrote:Actually I wanted to go to Orlando with my parents last month but thanks to the stupidity of my brother we had to cancel the trip.

I can't wait to come back to Orlando so I decided to travel solo from 2/23 to 3/09 next year.
I booked my flights today and paid only 520 € with a stopover in Atlanta.

Pop Century Resort is still my prefered hotel and I hope that I get a good price.
When I arrive around 6.30 pm at the airport and take the DME to PC when can I expect to be there?
Anyone from the Orlando area feel free to contact me. We could meet at the parks. I've never seen Fantasmic because I don't want to see it alone.

Fantasmic is an awesome show. We love it. :D :goofy:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Fri 04, 2013 11:06 pm

So excited for you!!! Have a wonderful trip!

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Oct Sat 05, 2013 7:22 am

Solo trips can be so much fun!

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » Oct Sat 05, 2013 8:15 am

jlpeaches255 wrote:Solo trips can be so much fun!

Thats right.....Do what you want, when you want.... :D :goofy:

laurie5658
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by laurie5658 » Oct Sat 05, 2013 10:15 am

Epcotmaniac wrote:Pop Century Resort is still my prefered hotel and I hope that I get a good price.
It all depends on if there are other resorts the bus driver needs to stop at first. One thing for sure, when you are on the bus you are well on your way. Have a blast!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Sat 05, 2013 5:28 pm

I would expect around 45 minutes to an hour from the airport to the resort. With your layover in Atlanta you might luck out and not have to claim your luggage too. It sounds like it will depend on whether you go through customs there or not.
Too bad your family can't join you this time, but that is great news that you are able to make a solo trip! Even if you don't meet up with anyone, you should still go to a showing of Fantasmic. I think you would really enjoy it, and it isn't something where you will feel out of place if you are by yourself. It is so easy to strike up a conversation with people sitting around you that you will have made new friends in no time flat :D

Epcotmaniac
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Epcotmaniac » Oct Sun 06, 2013 1:51 pm

Goofyfan wrote:
jlpeaches255 wrote:Solo trips can be so much fun!

Thats right.....Do what you want, when you want.... :D :goofy:
Yes, that is what I really like.
Amy wrote:I would expect around 45 minutes to an hour from the airport to the resort. With your layover in Atlanta you might luck out and not have to claim your luggage too. It sounds like it will depend on whether you go through customs there or not.
Too bad your family can't join you this time, but that is great news that you are able to make a solo trip! Even if you don't meet up with anyone, you should still go to a showing of Fantasmic. I think you would really enjoy it, and it isn't something where you will feel out of place if you are by yourself. It is so easy to strike up a conversation with people sitting around you that you will have made new friends in no time flat :D
I have to do the whole stuff with the passport control and customs in Atlanta, afterward I have to post (?) my suitcases again.

I'm looking for tickets for La Nouba, is the higher price for the golden circle worth it? I heard that it could happened that you maybe get involved to the preshow in that seating area. Is that true?

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Oct Sun 06, 2013 7:43 pm

Epcotmaniac wrote:
Amy wrote:I would expect around 45 minutes to an hour from the airport to the resort. With your layover in Atlanta you might luck out and not have to claim your luggage too. It sounds like it will depend on whether you go through customs there or not.
I have to do the whole stuff with the passport control and customs in Atlanta, afterward I have to post (?) my suitcases again.
You'll have to CHECK your suitcases again. :) Be careful, they might charge you for a checked bag since your Atlanta --> Orlando flight is domestic. Which airline are you flying for that part of your trip?

Your Magical Express trip to Pop Century will take about an hour. That bus might go to another resort, but it's not like the All-Star resorts.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Epcotmaniac
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Epcotmaniac » Oct Mon 07, 2013 5:09 am

cy1229 wrote: You'll have to CHECK your suitcases again. :) Be careful, they might charge you for a checked bag since your Atlanta --> Orlando flight is domestic. Which airline are you flying for that part of your trip?

Your Magical Express trip to Pop Century will take about an hour. That bus might go to another resort, but it's not like the All-Star resorts.

All flights are operated by Delta. Both flights are on one ticket so I don't have to pay any fee.
I also reservated my seats. Got a seat at the window on every flight. 4 years ago I had to sit in the middle and it was very uncomfortable.

Epcotmaniac
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Epcotmaniac » Oct Mon 07, 2013 4:45 pm

When I want to make a reservation for a tour like The UnDISCOVERed Future World do I have to call or is there any possibility to make an online reservation?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Mon 07, 2013 9:18 pm

Epcotmaniac wrote:When I want to make a reservation for a tour like The UnDISCOVERed Future World do I have to call or is there any possibility to make an online reservation?
I believe you can only make the tour reservations online. If you want to avoid the overseas call, I would be happy to take your information and make the reservation for you. We could perhaps find a time when we could both be online so I could run the confirmation information over with you before booking to make sure it was all correct. Either that or perhaps you could utilize a local travel agent and they could let you know if you are eligible for any discounts. I know they generally have discounts for American Express and the Disney Visa, but you might have some international discounts that we aren't aware of here.
I would suppose you could check online and see if you could make the reservation online as well. Have you taken any of the other tours yet?

Epcotmaniac
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Epcotmaniac » Oct Wed 23, 2013 9:21 am

Can anyone recommend an Off-Site Hotel? I decided to save that money because some hotels also offer shuttle services to the park and a friend and I are going to New York next August for two weeks.

Did anyone stay at the La Quinta Inn Orlando International Drive North?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Wed 23, 2013 1:04 pm

Epcotmaniac wrote:Can anyone recommend an Off-Site Hotel? I decided to save that money because some hotels also offer shuttle services to the park and a friend and I are going to New York next August for two weeks.

Did anyone stay at the La Quinta Inn Orlando International Drive North?
We haven't stayed off property at WDW for many, many years. You might want to double check that you will be saving enough money to make it worthwhile. If the savings is not very great, you will be missing out on early magic hours and the convenience of staying so close. The off site hotels might provide transportation, but perhaps only a few times a day...

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Oct Wed 23, 2013 1:37 pm

The Hilton right across from DTD might be a good option as it's walking distance to DTD. Then again, you'd have to take a shuttle to a hotel, and then to a park. There are a few "partner" hotels that offer shuttle service that are also within a decent walking distance. I agree with Amy, you might be sacrificing things you don't want to sacrifice to save a few dollars a night. Check to see if there are any % discounts when you're going. If you eat counter-service meals most of your trip you can probably make staying on property match the amount you'd spend staying off-site, and you'd have that much more going for you, including DME. If you stay off-site, how will you get to your hotel? Taxi?
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016