Mindflipper's Trip from August 23, 2013

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Mindflipper's Trip from August 23, 2013

Post by mindflipper » Sep Sun 01, 2013 10:10 pm

I don't have the time currently to post a full trip report. However, until such time, I will post bits and pieces that may of be interest to my fellow subsonicers. The pictures will be all of the same topic and really don't detract being separated from the trip reports to eventually follow.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Seven Dwarves Mine Car Roller Coaster - Aug 23, 2013

Post by mindflipper » Sep Sun 01, 2013 10:27 pm

For those of you on the board who haven't had a chance to see much about this new ride currently under construction, let me start first with the pre-construction concept art that they have displayed on the barrier walls for the construction area:

Now, he's how the ride looks currently under construction back on August 23, 2013:

Boilerdude
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Re: Mindflipper's Trip from August 23, 2013

Post by Boilerdude » Sep Sun 01, 2013 10:38 pm

From the pre-construction concept art. Is Disney going to give us a barrel full of precious gems? I need to be first on this ride :lol:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Sun 01, 2013 10:39 pm

Looking forward to your TR mindflipper! It's neat to see the new ride coming to form! I wish it would be open when we go in Dec.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Trip Resort TV - Duffy the Bear Channel!

Post by mindflipper » Sep Sun 01, 2013 10:43 pm

I know this will make Mousekedude and NaCler sooooooooooooo happy to know this: on the WDW resort TV, there's actually a Duffy the Bear Channel! Really, there is:

I think I can hear both of them crying with joy from here! Those are tears of joy, aren't they?? :wink: :twisted: :lol:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Sep Sun 01, 2013 10:46 pm

Boilerdude wrote:From the pre-construction concept art. Is Disney going to give us a barrel full of precious gems? I need to be first on this ride :lol:
Yes, but they will have Prince John and his soldiers from Robin Hood on hand to rob you of those precious gems before you can depart from Fantasyland. :wink: :lol:
boilerbabe wrote:It's neat to see the new ride coming to form! I wish it would be open when we go in Dec.
I originally thought this would be some lame kiddie coaster like the Barnstormer. But this thing is actually much larger than I thought it was going to be. It's like "BTMR Lite".

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Sun 01, 2013 11:43 pm

My guess is they will recover them by force if needed, hence the kid in the wheelchair. :shock:

I wonder, in terms of force, it compares to the DLRP Casey Jr.?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Mon 02, 2013 8:53 am

mindflipper wrote:
Boilerdude wrote:From the pre-construction concept art. Is Disney going to give us a barrel full of precious gems? I need to be first on this ride :lol:
Yes, but they will have Prince John and his soldiers from Robin Hood on hand to rob you of those precious gems before you can depart from Fantasyland. :wink: :lol:
boilerbabe wrote:It's neat to see the new ride coming to form! I wish it would be open when we go in Dec.
I originally thought this would be some lame kiddie coaster like the Barnstormer. But this thing is actually much larger than I thought it was going to be. It's like "BTMR Lite".
Wizzard419 wrote:My guess is they will recover them by force if needed, hence the kid in the wheelchair. :shock:
I wonder, in terms of force, it compares to the DLRP Casey Jr.?
You guys are too funny! :lol:
It does look like it will be a fun little roller coaster, a few thrills for the older guests, but not too scary for the littler park goers. Does anyone know what the height requirements will be?
Always fun to see the conceptual art, and then see what it ends up looking like in reality.
mindflipper wrote:I know this will make Mousekedude and NaCler sooooooooooooo happy to know this: on the WDW resort TV, there's actually a Duffy the Bear Channel! Really, there is:
I think I can hear both of them crying with joy from here! Those are tears of joy, aren't they?? :wink: :twisted: :lol:
They had that Duffy channel when we were there on our last trip in 2011 too. I never managed to get back to the room at the right time to video it for sharing though...darn! And I was going to try to record the audio for sharing on the streams too! :twisted:

Boilerdude

Post by Boilerdude » Sep Mon 02, 2013 9:54 am

Hey, I like Duffy. I mean look at those paws, Mickey is on them.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Sep Mon 02, 2013 10:59 am

Boilerdude wrote:Hey, I like Duffy. I mean look at those paws, Mickey is on them.
Hmmmmmm, give M-dude a call and tell him that. Don't have the volume too high on your cellphone or the screech from the other end could rupture your eardrum... :wink: :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Mon 02, 2013 11:12 am

mindflipper wrote:
Boilerdude wrote:Hey, I like Duffy. I mean look at those paws, Mickey is on them.
Hmmmmmm, give M-dude a call and tell him that. Don't have the volume too high on your cellphone or the screech from the other end could rupture your eardrum... :wink: :lol:
:lol: But they have at least one Duffy living at their house now, so maybe M-dude's feelings toward Duffy have mellowed a bit? ;)

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Mon 02, 2013 12:05 pm

:lol: You guys are cracking me up!!!

Acutally, mdude and mholic are the ones that bought us our Duffy! :mrgreen:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Mon 02, 2013 1:27 pm

boilerbabe wrote::lol: You guys are cracking me up!!!

:shock: Did you hear that mindflipper? The Mousekecouple not only like Duffy, but they have even started converting others!!

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Sep Mon 02, 2013 4:53 pm

Looks awesome. Can't wait for the ride. :D :goofy:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Sep Mon 02, 2013 7:08 pm

Amy wrote:
boilerbabe wrote::lol: You guys are cracking me up!!!

:shock: Did you hear that mindflipper? The Mousekecouple not only like Duffy, but they have even started converting others!!
I know, Amy, that would almost seem like it should be...criminal...somehow. Maybe that's why we haven't seen M-dude in a while - he's trying to wait out the statute of limitations for that crime?