Art of Animation Resort Trip

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

CCAS116
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Art of Animation Resort Trip

Post by CCAS116 » Aug Fri 16, 2013 8:57 am

My wife and I will be taking our daughter over to Disney World's Art of Animation Resort in February of next year! Can't wait! Has anyone got any tips/comments/suggestions? It will be our first time staying at the resort.

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Re: Art of Animation Resort Trip

Post by Goofyfan » Aug Sun 18, 2013 4:33 pm

Can't wait to see how the trip goes. Take lots of photo's :D :goofy:

cccmouse
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by cccmouse » Aug Mon 19, 2013 10:41 am

I have not stayed at A of A yet but we do have a family suite in the Cars section booked for our January trip during marathon weekend. My wife and I went over there a few months ago during another trip and walked around and ate in the food court and liked it enough from what we saw to book it for this trip. I really like the idea of the suite style layout. We have stayed in multi room suites at the Beach Club and Wilderness Lodge but those rooms are considerably more expensive. I know that we are comparing apples and oranges as far as the resorts go, but we thought that it would at least be worth a try.

CCAS116

Post by CCAS116 » Aug Tue 20, 2013 1:23 pm

Will do, Goofyfan! Might have to upgrade my hard drive to hold all the photos I imagine we'll take. ;) Your daughter's first Disney trip doesn't come along every day!

CCAS116

Post by CCAS116 » Aug Tue 20, 2013 1:25 pm

Thanks, cccmouse! I agree about the value of the suite style layout! My wife and I opted for the Little Mermaid standard room for our trip, but I think we'll do the family suite next time. Maybe when our daughter gets a sibling or two. ;)

Hope you all have fun in January!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 20, 2013 8:15 pm

CCAS116 wrote:Will do, Goofyfan! Might have to upgrade my hard drive to hold all the photos I imagine we'll take. ;) Your daughter's first Disney trip doesn't come along every day!
You definitely will want to take lots of pictures of this momentous occasion! Sorry we've never stayed at AoA so I don't have any insider info for you :(

CCAS116

Post by CCAS116 » Aug Wed 21, 2013 7:43 am

No worries, Amy. We most certainly will take lots of pics! My wife and I took our daughter down for her 1st beach trip this past Sun. and ended up taking 133 pictures in just under 2 hours. lol Just glad we have digital cameras these days! =)

I'll be sure and post a trip summary here with tips and all.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 21, 2013 9:47 am

CCAS116 wrote:No worries, Amy. We most certainly will take lots of pics! My wife and I took our daughter down for her 1st beach trip this past Sun. and ended up taking 133 pictures in just under 2 hours. lol Just glad we have digital cameras these days! =)

I'll be sure and post a trip summary here with tips and all.
Yes, the digital age has certainly changed photography. I take several thousand photos in a week long trip to WDW where I used to take about 12 rolls of film...big difference! Plus no cost for developing the pictures :D

sfein
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by sfein » Aug Thu 29, 2013 2:08 pm

Like others, I will be curious to hear about how the trip went. My family usually gets two rooms at All-Star Movies, so I want to know how a suite or even two rooms at Art of Animation stack up.