Our Magic Bands have arrived!

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

laurie5658
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Re: Our Magic Bands have arrived!

Post by laurie5658 » Oct Fri 04, 2013 12:39 pm

Belle1082 wrote:
laurie5658 wrote:Just ordered mine for our Nov 6 trip. Already linked resort ressie, ADR's, FP's, my AP and hubby's RunDisney park ticket. So excited!!!!
How did you find out that you were eligible for them? Our trip begins on Nov 2 and we are staying at the Wilderness Lodge. We did book our trip through MouseFanTravel, so I dont' know if that makes a difference. I'm just VERY ansy to know if we get to use MBs or not! lol
My travel agent informed me and then she gave my our confirmation number so I can link them to the MB's.

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by dstrawn9889 » Oct Wed 09, 2013 1:30 pm

Belle1082 wrote:
laurie5658 wrote:Just ordered mine for our Nov 6 trip. Already linked resort ressie, ADR's, FP's, my AP and hubby's RunDisney park ticket. So excited!!!!
How did you find out that you were eligible for them? Our trip begins on Nov 2 and we are staying at the Wilderness Lodge. We did book our trip through MouseFanTravel, so I dont' know if that makes a difference. I'm just VERY ansy to know if we get to use MBs or not! lol
rule of thumb... if they did not mention it when you booked, then you probably will not get them... since, after all, have to set up your fp+'s and all that jazz.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Wed 09, 2013 9:19 pm

I thought these were supposed to be "live" by the end of the year?! I guess not?! We're going in Dec. and staying at the BW and have heard nothing about MB's. :cry:

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Wed 09, 2013 9:29 pm

I think the roll-out was supposed to start by the end of the year but the full implementation is further off.

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Oct Thu 10, 2013 8:41 am

Awww bummer! We haven't heard anything and we are going on Nov 2nd. I was really hoping for it!!!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Thu 10, 2013 2:47 pm

Totally bummed!

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Thu 10, 2013 2:53 pm

You might be able to request being in a room with them, but who knows?

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Thu 10, 2013 3:00 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:You might be able to request being in a room with them, but who knows?
Didn't think of that?! We're staying club level, so I would think if non of the rooms on the 5th floor have them, we're s.o.l.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Thu 10, 2013 8:46 pm

boilerbabe wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:You might be able to request being in a room with them, but who knows?
Didn't think of that?! We're staying club level, so I would think if non of the rooms on the 5th floor have them, we're s.o.l.
You might be able to ask the concierge to help out? Even if you aren't in a reader enabled room, you could still have tickets and whatnot on them. Do you really want to limit your FP to 3 or 4 a day, and only at a single park instead of having a little more freedom to move about? Maybe not getting the Magic Bands on this trip is a good thing?!

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Thu 10, 2013 10:48 pm

That is another good point, other than making it easier for Disney to not have to spend money on swipe fees, there is no benefit to the guest since none of the interactive features have been activated yet. So, outside of a tanline, you get no perks.

dstrawn9889

Post by dstrawn9889 » Oct Fri 11, 2013 12:02 pm

other than not having to pull that ruddy ticket out of your pocket 25 times a day....

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Fri 11, 2013 1:57 pm

For people who don't carry purses it probably wouldn't make a difference, either way I would still want to opt for the RF card rather than the band.

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Oct Mon 14, 2013 9:25 am

We just got an email that we can try out MB for our trip on Nov 2nd! This whole time I was thinking about how much I wanted to be able to use them and now I'm doubting myself and trying to decide if we should make the leap this trip or not?!?
Any advice? Also, we have a 4 1/2 yr old on the trip as well---do you think one way would be easier for him than another?
What should we do?!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Mon 14, 2013 11:25 am

Belle1082 wrote:We just got an email that we can try out MB for our trip on Nov 2nd! This whole time I was thinking about how much I wanted to be able to use them and now I'm doubting myself and trying to decide if we should make the leap this trip or not?!?
Any advice? Also, we have a 4 1/2 yr old on the trip as well---do you think one way would be easier for him than another?
What should we do?!
I think one thing to consider is how much you might park hop. The Magic Bands do limit your FP to one park, although I would guess you can use the kiosks to change them once you arrive, but that might be an inconvenience you don't want to bother with. And you are limited to the 3 or 4 FP per day whereas with the regular paper FP you would be able to probably use more than that in one day.
I would probably opt for the Magic Bands simply because it is something new and different. Is the 4 1/2 year old one who enjoys wearing a bracelet or watch? The Magic Band should feel very similar to that. I would guess you could probably loop their band around a backback strap or slide it into a pocket if they didn't want to wear it all the time.

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Oct Mon 14, 2013 12:22 pm

I don't recall ever being TOLD that I was getting the MB, I just happened to be checking something on my reservation and spotted the option to customize my bands!!