Our Magic Bands have arrived!

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Chells
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Our Magic Bands have arrived!

Post by Chells » Jul Wed 31, 2013 11:02 am

We have received our Magic Bands and I am super excited! I hope all goes smoothly. I picked our fast passes and have our dining set, so I can hardly wait to see how this all works out.
:figment:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Our Magic Bands have arrived!

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 31, 2013 12:16 pm

Chells wrote:We have received our Magic Bands and I am super excited! I hope all goes smoothly. I picked our fast passes and have our dining set, so I can hardly wait to see how this all works out.
That's pretty neat ~ I think you will be the first person here on Subsonic to be able to try out the new system. Please let us know how everything works out! :D
What color bands did you select? And what FP?

Chells

Post by Chells » Jul Wed 31, 2013 1:21 pm

Amy wrote:
Chells wrote:We have received our Magic Bands and I am super excited! I hope all goes smoothly. I picked our fast passes and have our dining set, so I can hardly wait to see how this all works out.
That's pretty neat ~ I think you will be the first person here on Subsonic to be able to try out the new system. Please let us know how everything works out! :D
I picked Yellow, after changing my mind 3 times, and my husband got the Blue. We have our FP's for the first 2 days, we picked Character meet and Greet at the Town Square Theater, Space Mountain, Main St Electrical Parade, Splash Mountain, and they throw an additional one in per day for you. You choose the selections you want and then they choose a time schedule. They give your 4 time options, but some of them will substitute other attractions in place of the ones you chose, unless you pick the "best option". The day we chose the ELP, all of our FP's are in the evening, starting at 5:15. Not sure how that will work out with dinner. We shall see!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 31, 2013 2:00 pm

Chells wrote:
Amy wrote:
I picked Yellow, after changing my mind 3 times, and my husband got the Blue. We have our FP's for the first 2 days, we picked Character meet and Greet at the Town Square Theater, Space Mountain, Main St Electrical Parade, Splash Mountain, and they throw an additional one in per day for you. You choose the selections you want and then they choose a time schedule. They give your 4 time options, but some of them will substitute other attractions in place of the ones you chose, unless you pick the "best option". The day we chose the ELP, all of our FP's are in the evening, starting at 5:15. Not sure how that will work out with dinner. We shall see!
Interesting. I just got done reading a review that someone posted on the FP+ selection process. It was quite interesting and it sounds like you are able to customize your experience quite a bit. I wonder if that will continue as more guests are added to the system?
I would have such a hard time choosing a color too!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Wed 31, 2013 7:58 pm

How exciting! I would appreciate an update too to see what you think of the new system! It sounds a bit confusing to me...but I'm sure I could figure it out?! I would def have a hard time picking out a color too!

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Jul Wed 31, 2013 11:58 pm

Chills, if I may ask, what hotel are you staying in? I had heard only guests staying in 2 specific resorts were doing the Magic Band testing right now. I'm just wondering if that is still true or if they are expanding.

Chells

Post by Chells » Aug Thu 01, 2013 10:16 am

NaCler wrote:Chills, if I may ask, what hotel are you staying in? I had heard only guests staying in 2 specific resorts were doing the Magic Band testing right now. I'm just wondering if that is still true or if they are expanding.
We are staying at the Contemporary for the first days and then checking into our "home away from home" the Beach Club for the next 2 weeks. From what I understand the bands will only be used for our passes once we check into the Beach Club.
I will definitely post updates and let you guys know how it goes. :figment:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 01, 2013 10:29 am

I just saw on Facebook that our very own packwingfn seems to have the new Magic Bands as well! But he isn't around here very much anymore :( so we will still be looking forward to hearing about your experience Chells! :D

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Aug Sun 04, 2013 10:16 am

Sounds like a lot of fun! Have an awesome time!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Sun 04, 2013 1:52 pm

Chells, when are you going to WDW? I too will be staying toward the end of this month at the Contemporary, and I have already signed up for the MagicBands and the FastPass+ system as well.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sun 04, 2013 2:19 pm

mindflipper wrote:Chells, when are you going to WDW? I too will be staying toward the end of this month at the Contemporary, and I have already signed up for the MagicBands and the FastPass+ system as well.
Oooo, another lucky subber ~ cool!! :cool:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Tue 06, 2013 10:44 am

mindflipper wrote:Chells, when are you going to WDW? I too will be staying toward the end of this month at the Contemporary, and I have already signed up for the MagicBands and the FastPass+ system as well.
UPDATE: I have received an e-mail from Diz that my MagicBands have been shipped by UPS. When they arrive, I'll try to post pictures.

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Aug Tue 06, 2013 4:34 pm

mindflipper wrote:
UPDATE: I have received an e-mail from Diz that my MagicBands have been shipped by UPS. When they arrive, I'll try to post pictures.

Can't wait to see them!!! :D :goofy:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 06, 2013 7:43 pm

Goofyfan wrote:
mindflipper wrote:
Can't wait to see them!!! :D :goofy:
Me too! Did you have a hard time choosing a color?

Chells

Post by Chells » Aug Wed 07, 2013 1:36 pm

We check into the Contemporary on August 23, for 3 nights. We then are going to be staying at the Beach Club. I was told after Monday, the 26th, the park admission would still be on the band, but thats about it. I am super excited to try these out.
:figment: When will you be there, mindflipper?