Our Magic Bands have arrived!

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Re: Our Magic Bands have arrived!

Post by Belle1082 » Oct Mon 14, 2013 12:57 pm

jlpeaches255 wrote:I don't recall ever being TOLD that I was getting the MB, I just happened to be checking something on my reservation and spotted the option to customize my bands!!
We just found out that they are now allowing reservations for Wilderness Lodge to use MB, but it is only optional if we want to be a part of the trial run and also give feedback on what works and what doesn't.

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by dstrawn9889 » Oct Mon 14, 2013 2:19 pm

kids and 'rents just back from the world. the stayed at ASM, no bands there, but they are ready for them...(the door locks have been upgraded to rf, and the registers have the rf receivers...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Mon 14, 2013 8:09 pm

dstrawn9889 wrote:kids and 'rents just back from the world. the stayed at ASM, no bands there, but they are ready for them...(the door locks have been upgraded to rf, and the registers have the rf receivers...
Did they have a nice time? :D

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Oct Tue 15, 2013 8:42 am

We have started connecting our reservations with our My Disney Experience app, etc but I am having a lot of problems with the app itself and getting things all lined up. There was an iOS 7 update yesterday, but it still hasn't been improving the app, which is really frustrating considering that I need to connect our party together so we can start making FP+ reservations. Any one else have any tips or tricks?

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Tue 15, 2013 8:59 am

Belle1082 wrote:We have started connecting our reservations with our My Disney Experience app, etc but I am having a lot of problems with the app itself and getting things all lined up. There was an iOS 7 update yesterday, but it still hasn't been improving the app, which is really frustrating considering that I need to connect our party together so we can start making FP+ reservations. Any one else have any tips or tricks?
My best suggestion: bypass the app and sign instead through the Disney website. You can do the same thing there with connecting your party as you can do on that app.

dstrawn9889

Post by dstrawn9889 » Oct Tue 15, 2013 9:19 am

Amy wrote:
dstrawn9889 wrote:kids and 'rents just back from the world. the stayed at ASM, no bands there, but they are ready for them...(the door locks have been upgraded to rf, and the registers have the rf receivers...
Did they have a nice time? :D
until my mother had to grumble about getting an ECV through a queue (GMR i believe <not that it was crowded, but no easy way to navigate an almost empty queue with any speed>)... got them all some any ride/any park fastpasses though... must have stocked the CM's up for this past week (GAC/DAS change)

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Oct Tue 15, 2013 10:39 am

mindflipper wrote:
Belle1082 wrote:We have started connecting our reservations with our My Disney Experience app, etc but I am having a lot of problems with the app itself and getting things all lined up. There was an iOS 7 update yesterday, but it still hasn't been improving the app, which is really frustrating considering that I need to connect our party together so we can start making FP+ reservations. Any one else have any tips or tricks?
My best suggestion: bypass the app and sign instead through the Disney website. You can do the same thing there with connecting your party as you can do on that app.
I'm working online now...but still having some problems. I don't know how to connect all of us together in order to make Fast Pass + reservations. it is more confusing too because there are 8 of us, so we have two different rooms/two different confirmation numbers.
I wanna book our FP's before we leave!!!

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Oct Tue 15, 2013 11:40 am

Belle1082 wrote:
mindflipper wrote:
I'm working online now...but still having some problems. I don't know how to connect all of us together in order to make Fast Pass + reservations. it is more confusing too because there are 8 of us, so we have two different rooms/two different confirmation numbers.
Can this be accomplished via telephone? I think something as complicated as this, while it shouldn't necessarily be this difficult, is best accomplished with a CM on the phone, either doing it him/herself or guiding you through the process. I would try calling Disney directly. What's the worst that can happen, they say they can't help you do that? :)
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Tue 15, 2013 12:35 pm

Belle1082 wrote:
mindflipper wrote:
You might want to call guest relations directly. You might be having problems with the two different confirmation numbers...
EDIT: Whoops, just saw cy1229's post. I agree though, probably best to talk to someone!

I think you are probably correct on the CMs having extra passes at their disposal this week dstrawn9889. And Mom has bumped into more than one stanchion while navigating queues ~ they can be a challenge sometimes!

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Oct Tue 15, 2013 5:55 pm

Belle1082 wrote:
mindflipper wrote:
I am still having trouble with this too. I have the dining reservations all set now but it took FOREVER and I had to cancel one reservation and book it all over again, frustrating. I am taking a break before going back to the fastpass nonsense because at the moment I want to punch my computer in the face.

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Oct Wed 16, 2013 8:18 am

I also wanted to punch my computer in the face yesterday if it makes you feel better. I think I just need to call because me trying to connect all of these accounts together and get everything straightened out isn't feeling so magical.
I just want to make sure we get some fast past+ reservations!! UGH!

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Oct Wed 16, 2013 2:04 pm

Belle1082 wrote:I also wanted to punch my computer in the face yesterday if it makes you feel better. I think I just need to call because me trying to connect all of these accounts together and get everything straightened out isn't feeling so magical.
I may end up just calling as well, if this is frustrating for us can you imagine the casual, non-obsessed Disney traveler??

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Oct Wed 16, 2013 2:10 pm

jlpeaches255 wrote:
Belle1082 wrote:I also wanted to punch my computer in the face yesterday if it makes you feel better. I think I just need to call because me trying to connect all of these accounts together and get everything straightened out isn't feeling so magical.
I may end up just calling as well, if this is frustrating for us can you imagine the casual, non-obsessed Disney traveler??
I KNOW!!! Certainly isn't going to make people think about how easy it is to book and plan...hopefully they get the kinks worked out soon. Plus, I feel bad for people who aren't tech savy or have no desire to be -- that would really bother me if I were that way. I hope to call tomorrow! :-)

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Oct Fri 18, 2013 2:54 pm

My kids have their bands!!!! They do have a rubbery feel and in reference to feeling like a watch I know I will constantly be checking mine for the time lol! Can't wait for mine to come in! On a side note they do have a portion that can be pealed off (not easily) to make the band smaller for kids or adults with kid sized wrists. And finally the Fastpass system is cooperating with me today and I am well on my way to having things all planned out WHOOO HOOOO

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Oct Fri 18, 2013 4:25 pm

jlpeaches255 wrote:My kids have their bands!!!! They do have a rubbery feel and in reference to feeling like a watch I know I will constantly be checking mine for the time lol! Can't wait for mine to come in! On a side note they do have a portion that can be pealed off (not easily) to make the band smaller for kids or adults with kid sized wrists. And finally the Fastpass system is cooperating with me today and I am well on my way to having things all planned out WHOOO HOOOO
Double Whooo hooo! :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce:
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016