Our Magic Bands have arrived!

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Our Magic Bands have arrived!

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Mon 12, 2013 11:23 pm

They already might, since those coming from the west coast on a non red-eye flight may not be arriving at their hotels until early evening if they have a connection. I recall when I arrived, there were only two people working the desk and that was at least one more than needed since I was the only person checking in, two more if I already had my key and room number.

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Sep Wed 25, 2013 12:12 pm

I haven't extensively read through this thread, but I'm wondering....since Magic Bands are supposed to be rolling out in the next couple months....if we are heading to DW in Nov - would they mail us the Magic Bands with our Magical Express tags? And then would they activate them once we checked in? I am not really sure how the process would go, but I'm anxious to find out if we would get the MB for our trip in November! :-)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Wed 25, 2013 1:32 pm

Belle1082 wrote:I haven't extensively read through this thread, but I'm wondering....since Magic Bands are supposed to be rolling out in the next couple months....if we are heading to DW in Nov - would they mail us the Magic Bands with our Magical Express tags? And then would they activate them once we checked in? I am not really sure how the process would go, but I'm anxious to find out if we would get the MB for our trip in November! :-)
I think if you are eligible for the Magic Bands you will be notified through your email so you can choose your color and if you want your name on the back. From the looks of things, the Magic Bands arrive separately from the tags and the like. mindflipper got to try the new bands (although he wouldn't have used the Magical Express) so maybe he can enlighten us a bit more as to how all the package elements arrived.

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Sep Wed 25, 2013 2:59 pm

Amy wrote:
Belle1082 wrote:I haven't extensively read through this thread, but I'm wondering....since Magic Bands are supposed to be rolling out in the next couple months....if we are heading to DW in Nov - would they mail us the Magic Bands with our Magical Express tags? And then would they activate them once we checked in? I am not really sure how the process would go, but I'm anxious to find out if we would get the MB for our trip in November! :-)
I think if you are eligible for the Magic Bands you will be notified through your email so you can choose your color and if you want your name on the back. From the looks of things, the Magic Bands arrive separately from the tags and the like. mindflipper got to try the new bands (although he wouldn't have used the Magical Express) so maybe he can enlighten us a bit more as to how all the package elements arrived.
Interesting....hopefully we will get an email! I would love to give the MB a shot! :-)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Wed 25, 2013 8:13 pm

Belle1082 wrote:
Amy wrote:
Interesting....hopefully we will get an email! I would love to give the MB a shot! :-)
It sounds like some people are also getting selected when they check in at their resort too. I haven't heard of anyone staying at one of the All Stars being picked, but it seems like some of the moderate resorts are doing it.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Wed 25, 2013 8:37 pm

I'm hoping we get the MB for our upcoming trip?!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Wed 25, 2013 8:58 pm

boilerbabe wrote:I'm hoping we get the MB for our upcoming trip?!
Most likely. From the blogs I have been reading it sounds like they will be testing for a few more weeks and then start rolling them out in full force. Always subject to change of course, but I would think in two months it would be pretty much a done deal. Better start thinking about which color you want! :D

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Wed 25, 2013 11:06 pm

Amy wrote:
Most likely. From the blogs I have been reading it sounds like they will be testing for a few more weeks and then start rolling them out in full force. Always subject to change of course, but I would think in two months it would be pretty much a done deal. Better start thinking about which color you want! :D
Ooooh, that will be a tough decision!!! :D

Boilerdude
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Boilerdude » Sep Thu 26, 2013 9:00 am

For Bbabe the choices are pink, pink and uh pink :lol:

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Sep Thu 26, 2013 9:15 am

Boilerdude wrote:For Bbabe the choices are pink, pink and uh pink :lol:
I'm picking green for sure!

I think it would be so nice to have the MB especially because we have the free dining plan. With F&W and since we are going to use so many of our snack credits that way - it would be so easy! FUN!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Thu 26, 2013 10:50 am

Belle1082 wrote:

I think it would be so nice to have the MB especially because we have the free dining plan. With F&W and since we are going to use so many of our snack credits that way - it would be so easy! FUN!
I pick one color and then look at the picture and want a different color...I'm lucky I don't have to choose for our upcoming trip!
I would think the Magic Bands will be very easy for use at the F&W booths...if they are working properly!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Thu 26, 2013 11:33 am

Ah, you would think I would pick pink, wouldn't you Sweetie?! :wink: But, my fav. color of all time is RED, my first car was red. I'm leaning towards that since it is the color of Mickey's shorts!!! :D

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Sep Thu 26, 2013 12:09 pm

Amy wrote:
Belle1082 wrote:

I pick one color and then look at the picture and want a different color...I'm lucky I don't have to choose for our upcoming trip!
I would think the Magic Bands will be very easy for use at the F&W booths...if they are working properly!
Oh gosh - I never even thought of the glitches that could happen! That would be horrible! Especially if you are trying to get into a park or just get your food!

Zillerzap
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by Zillerzap » Sep Thu 26, 2013 12:11 pm

Amy wrote:
We are getting them for our stay at the Poly. They were testing them for guests that check in on or before 10/31/13. We just made that deadline.

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Sep Thu 26, 2013 12:24 pm

Zillerzap wrote:
Amy wrote:
We are getting them for our stay at the Poly. They were testing them for guests that check in on or before 10/31/13. We just made that deadline.
I wonder if we will just miss that in between time of them testing and then waiting to actually launch. We check in on Nov 2 at the Wilderness Lodge.