Just Booked..Solo Trip for my 50th!!!!

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Jsays1
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Just Booked..Solo Trip for my 50th!!!!

Post by Jsays1 » Jul Wed 10, 2013 7:46 pm

I am way too excited. After much hand wringing and trying to figure out how to get this paid....I booked myself a trip to WDW in September to celebrate my 50th b'day. :ccat: Less than 60 days away AND with free dining. I am actually going to take a splurge and book the Flying Fish Chef's Tasting Wine Dinner! I am listening to the stream now as I plan the rest of my trip. Staying at POP, but hoping I can upgrade it to the Poly :lol: You only turn 50 once right?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Just Booked..Solo Trip for my 50th!!!!

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 10, 2013 7:54 pm

Jsays1 wrote:I am way too excited. After much hand wringing and trying to figure out how to get this paid....I booked myself a trip to WDW in September to celebrate my 50th b'day. :ccat: Less than 60 days away AND with free dining. I am actually going to take a splurge and book the Flying Fish Chef's Tasting Wine Dinner! I am listening to the stream now as I plan the rest of my trip. Staying at POP, but hoping I can upgrade it to the Poly :lol: You only turn 50 once right?
Nice! What a great way to celebrate your 50th :D

elissa65
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by elissa65 » Jul Wed 10, 2013 8:05 pm

Yeah for you! I just turned 48 in June and have already announced to my husband that we are going on a Disney Cruise for my 50th :nemo:

Enjoy your planning!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Sun 21, 2013 3:19 pm

No better way to celebrate than Disney!!! Have a blast! You should upgrade to the Poly, you won't be disappointed and yes, you only turn 50 once!!!

haunt1000
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by haunt1000 » Sep Wed 18, 2013 11:10 am

I just did a solo to DLR! It was amazing to do everything I wanted when I wanted too. Though I did not speak to many people, I bet if you get your birthday pin you will get a lot of extra special attention. Have a great time!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Thu 19, 2013 7:03 am

haunt1000 wrote:I just did a solo to DLR! It was amazing to do everything I wanted when I wanted too. Though I did not speak to many people, I bet if you get your birthday pin you will get a lot of extra special attention. Have a great time!!!
That would be fun to have a day (or two) in the parks to yourself ~ as you said, you could do anything you wanted to do, when you wanted to do it! Was it your first trip to DL?

cccmouse
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by cccmouse » Sep Fri 20, 2013 11:05 am

haunt1000 wrote:I just did a solo to DLR! It was amazing to do everything I wanted when I wanted too. Though I did not speak to many people, I bet if you get your birthday pin you will get a lot of extra special attention. Have a great time!!!
I also did a solo trip a few years ago. I rode the motorcycle down from NC, stayed at the Poly for 3 nights and had a great time. It is true that you have the freedom to do whatever you want without having to check with anyone else. The only complaint that I hear from people who go solo is that they feel a little out of place in some of the nicer sit down restaurants but I don't mind doing that at all. I have found that some restaurants will not take ADRs for a party of 1. The last time I was down for marathon weekend by myself I tried to make several ADRs and was told that there was no availability, but when I changed from 1 person to 2 I got every ADR that I requested. When I arrived at the restaurant I just told them that the other person decided to do something different.
Anyway, going solo can be a great time. Enjoy.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Fri 20, 2013 7:40 pm

cccmouse wrote:
I also did a solo trip a few years ago. I rode the motorcycle down from NC, stayed at the Poly for 3 nights and had a great time. It is true that you have the freedom to do whatever you want without having to check with anyone else. The only complaint that I hear from people who go solo is that they feel a little out of place in some of the nicer sit down restaurants but I don't mind doing that at all. I have found that some restaurants will not take ADRs for a party of 1. The last time I was down for marathon weekend by myself I tried to make several ADRs and was told that there was no availability, but when I changed from 1 person to 2 I got every ADR that I requested. When I arrived at the restaurant I just told them that the other person decided to do something different.
Anyway, going solo can be a great time. Enjoy.
That is so odd that it isn't possible to make an ADR for 1. Do you suppose the system simply kicks that out since the smallest tables are for 2?

laurie5658
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by laurie5658 » Sep Fri 27, 2013 1:18 pm

So jealous! i would LOVE to go to WDW solo just once...or twice LOL. Have a blast!