I miss it here...

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: I miss it here...

Post by cy1229 » Aug Mon 05, 2013 12:32 pm

Your son has a good idea about the documentation of the two reservations, but I think notarizing it might be a bit of overkill. :)

Mouskedittos to keeping your free plan and just paying out-of-pocket for meals you want beyond it. You can use table-service for your breakfast in the morning, too, if you should get a hankering for Mickey waffles. :) When I took my girls to WDW in 2008 we had the deluxe plan and it was OVERKILL on the food choices. I gained something like a pound a day. UGH.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Aug Tue 06, 2013 9:20 am

I believe that the Counter Service Dining Plan would give you 2 CS meals per day...along with a snack. That being the case...if you decided to pay out of pocket for any and all TS meals...would you end up not using some of the CS meal credits? If that is the case...then you wouldn't really be taking advantage of what is "free". If you did upgrade...you could always double up a few of the TS credits to do a signature meal or even on your solo days go to a TS place for a nice breakfast before heading to a park. I guess you'll just have to do some number crunching to see what works best for you.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Aug Tue 06, 2013 10:25 pm

they will accept more than one plan per table.
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 07, 2013 7:40 am

yodiwan1 wrote:they will accept more than one plan per table.
That's handy information. Do you think jlpeaches255 needs to have any sort of explanation or will they think nothing of the fact that she is paying out of pocket (if she chooses this option) and her kids have the plan?

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Aug Wed 07, 2013 9:02 am

Amy wrote:
That's handy information. Do you think jlpeaches255 needs to have any sort of explanation or will they think nothing of the fact that she is paying out of pocket (if she chooses this option) and her kids have the plan?
imagine if you are traveling with your entire family...with folks staying in different rooms...and everyone has the meal plan

you wouldn't use the same card to pay for all of the meals...so there you go...an example of using multiple cards at the same table

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Aug Wed 07, 2013 12:06 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:
Amy wrote:
imagine if you are traveling with your entire family...with folks staying in different rooms...and everyone has the meal plan

you wouldn't use the same card to pay for all of the meals...so there you go...an example of using multiple cards at the same table
My only concern is whether they will question using my son or daughter's card. Not having an adult representative of that package...

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Aug Wed 07, 2013 12:19 pm

if you are worried about it...I would just call Guest Relations and see if they can give you some peace of mind

think about going on a big family reunion trip...and kids are going to eat somewhere with grandparents...so there you have kids on a different room key than the adults they are eating with...and everyone has meal plans ;)

If you can think of it...I'm sure Disney has seen it before and has standard protocols for it

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Aug Wed 07, 2013 12:32 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:if you are worried about it...I would just call Guest Relations and see if they can give you some peace of mind

think about going on a big family reunion trip...and kids are going to eat somewhere with grandparents...so there you have kids on a different room key than the adults they are eating with...and everyone has meal plans ;)

If you can think of it...I'm sure Disney has seen it before and has standard protocols for it
Good point! We have done family reunion trips before but have usually stuck all together but I can see that happening often.

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Aug Thu 08, 2013 9:02 pm

100 days to go...finally booked!! Pop Century with free quick service dining. Checked with guest services and all will be fine for the dining fiasco.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 08, 2013 9:35 pm

jlpeaches255 wrote:100 days to go...finally booked!! Pop Century with free quick service dining. Checked with guest services and all will be fine for the dining fiasco.
That is good to hear ~ 100 days...that isn't very long!!

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Aug Fri 09, 2013 7:52 am

You will have a great time with your kids, and also enjoying the parks on your own, too! Think about it, you could just spend an hour doing... whatever... if you want. Glad the dining will work out well. I'm sure all of us were confident it would. Disney is kinda cool like that.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Aug Tue 20, 2013 6:39 pm

89 days to go and another hurdle overcome! I thought magical express would be a problem since the kids are arriving with my ex but leaving with me. Talked to Disney and they said no problem just let the front desk know when I sign them over to my reservation.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 20, 2013 9:52 pm

jlpeaches255 wrote:89 days to go and another hurdle overcome! I thought magical express would be a problem since the kids are arriving with my ex but leaving with me. Talked to Disney and they said no problem just let the front desk know when I sign them over to my reservation.
I thought of you when I was scrolling through facebook tonight. One of the Disney pages is asking whether you would consider going to WDW with your "ex" in order to let your children have both parents share in the fun. Sounded like most of the people were assuming you would be spending time in the parks together. I think you are making the best of a difficult situation and hope your children have a good time :D I'm sure they won't appreciate the sacrifice you are making at the moment, but they will when they are older I am sure!

Thumper1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Thumper1 » Aug Wed 21, 2013 7:24 am

Hi jlpeaches255, you are awesome to do this for your kids!! I think you'll be fine, you have a great attitude about the whole situation and hey it's wdw!! I'd put up with stuff to go too!!! I know what you mean about spending time in the parks by yourself!! Last trip my Hubby and daughter didn't feel well one afternoon, so they went back to the resort to rest and I went to Hollywood studios by myself!! I had a great time, got to do all those things they didn't want to do there. I took one of the animation classes ,saw One Man's Dream and did things they would have eye rolled over!!

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Aug Wed 21, 2013 7:36 am

Amy wrote:
jlpeaches255 wrote:89 days to go and another hurdle overcome! I thought magical express would be a problem since the kids are arriving with my ex but leaving with me. Talked to Disney and they said no problem just let the front desk know when I sign them over to my reservation.
I thought of you when I was scrolling through facebook tonight. One of the Disney pages is asking whether you would consider going to WDW with your "ex" in order to let your children have both parents share in the fun. Sounded like most of the people were assuming you would be spending time in the parks together. I think you are making the best of a difficult situation and hope your children have a good time :D I'm sure they won't appreciate the sacrifice you are making at the moment, but they will when they are older I am sure!
It's funny because my ex mother in law was so genuinely worried about me spending time in the parks with my ex and his fiance until I explained to her that we would be spending NO time actually together except for kid swaps. It is best that way for everyone, the kids don't have to have their Disney Magic ruined with the obvious tension between us all. My daughter doesn't usually notice it but my son watches me like a hawk and is far too good at picking up on my real moods. Oh and I forgot to mention that since my ex's mom lives in FL now she will be spending one day with the kids and I so they get to see their Grandma too! It really is going to be a great trip :)

Oh one more thing, I had to laugh after I got off the phone with Disney yesterday...at the end of the call the cast member asked if we were celebrating anything special on our trip and I couldn't help myself so I said "Well, it is the first post divorce trip with the kids and as long as we don't see each other often is should be great!" She didn't miss a beat and said "Well that is great, I will put that down as a Personal Triumph" LOL I couldn't have said it better myself.