Trip to WDW in July... but no parks

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Trip to WDW in July... but no parks

Post by Amy » Jul Tue 09, 2013 8:03 pm

Looks like you had a lot of fun! Pretty neat that you were able to enjoy the big 4th of July fireworks without battling the crowds :D

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Jul Wed 10, 2013 7:58 am

I have one more picture to add to the trip report.... my pin trading "haul" for the weekend. I go to the Disney outlet (in Sawgrass) and buy pins that are$1.99 or less. I don't care what they look like, only care about the price. Thant way when I go to WDW I trade for the Hidden Mickey Castmember pins etc. So here are the 27 pins I traded for on the weekend! °0°

°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

elissa65
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by elissa65 » Jul Wed 10, 2013 11:18 am

We stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge for the first time this year and I made one day a non park day so we could enjoy the resort. It was so nice and relaxing to have that one day, we will probably always do a non park day in the future.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 10, 2013 12:25 pm

Nice haul on the hidden mickey pins cousininmiami! Can you only find those when trading with CMs?
The FP pin is cute, but the Figment one with only his eyes is adorable!

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Jul Thu 11, 2013 10:47 am

Amy wrote:Nice haul on the hidden mickey pins cousininmiami! Can you only find those when trading with CMs?
The FP pin is cute, but the Figment one with only his eyes is adorable!
I traded only with CM's... they also have trading pin books at all the resorts, you just have to ask for it. I always always always look for Figment, he is my favorite character and I can't get enough of him! I'm also on a Duffy Bear kick these days. I bought myself a Duffy and have a few outfits. Why? I'm not really sure! The little guy has really grown on me! :D
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Thu 11, 2013 8:04 pm

cousininmiami wrote:....I'm also on a Duffy Bear kick these days. I bought myself a Duffy and have a few outfits. Why? I'm not really sure! The little guy has really grown on me! :D
Hmmm, I guess we can still be friends...probably...
;) :lol:

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Jul Fri 12, 2013 8:10 am

Amy wrote:
cousininmiami wrote:....I'm also on a Duffy Bear kick these days. I bought myself a Duffy and have a few outfits. Why? I'm not really sure! The little guy has really grown on me! :D
I was thinking what the heck is this Duffy bear, for the last few years.... now like I said he has grown on me! 8-) :o :D xox

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Jul Fri 12, 2013 11:25 am

cousininmiami wrote:
Amy wrote:
I was thinking what the heck is this Duffy bear, for the last few years.... now like I said he has grown on me! 8-) :o :D xox
EEEEWWWWWWWWWWW! DUFFY IS A FUNGUS!!! :lol: :lol: 8-)
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Jul Mon 15, 2013 10:14 am

Duffy forgives you.... but seriously the more you see his stuffed cuteness the more he grows on ya! :D
Last edited by cousininmiami on Jul Mon 15, 2013 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Jul Mon 15, 2013 10:38 am

I've gotta hand it to ya, cousininmiami, going all the way to WDW and not setting foot in a park is evidence of a major self-discipline. :) Sounds like you had a fabulous time, though! We've kicked around a south Florida / Florida Keys trip, and have a hard time to bring ourselves to completely circumvent Disney altogether. We'll just have to see. ANYWAY... Loved reading about all the great things you did. I haven't spent any time just wandering through Poly or Ft. Wilderness. A trip like yours is perfect for that.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Jul Mon 15, 2013 10:43 am

cy1229 wrote:I've gotta hand it to ya, cousininmiami, going all the way to WDW and not setting foot in a park is evidence of a major self-discipline. :) Sounds like you had a fabulous time, though! We've kicked around a south Florida / Florida Keys trip, and have a hard time to bring ourselves to completely circumvent Disney altogether. We'll just have to see. ANYWAY... Loved reading about all the great things you did. I haven't spent any time just wandering through Poly or Ft. Wilderness. A trip like yours is perfect for that.
I am super happy with our trip! However.... our tickets become valid again August 15th, and we usually go the first weekend available! I am such a sucker, I can't stay away from that place! The best thing is my entire family has all bought into it too! I love it!!! 8-)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Mon 15, 2013 8:23 pm

cy1229 wrote:I've gotta hand it to ya, cousininmiami, going all the way to WDW and not setting foot in a park is evidence of a major self-discipline. :) Sounds like you had a fabulous time, though! We've kicked around a south Florida / Florida Keys trip, and have a hard time to bring ourselves to completely circumvent Disney altogether. We'll just have to see. ANYWAY... Loved reading about all the great things you did. I haven't spent any time just wandering through Poly or Ft. Wilderness. A trip like yours is perfect for that.
We went to F1gment's 50th HS reunion a few years back and it was torture being so close and yet so far. She grew up in Englewood which is a little over 2 hours away from WDW and the whole 4 or 5 days we were there I was moaning about being in Florida and NOT GOING TO WDW!! Yes, I was even complaining while I was at the beach, although that did take some of the sting away ;) :lol:

rusafee1183
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by rusafee1183 » Jul Fri 19, 2013 6:46 am

Looks like you guys had a fabulous time!

We always say that we would not go to the parks, but I don't know if I have the discipline to do it. We don't go often enough for me to actually follow through.

I do however love that you spent the day at AKV. That's our home resort, and our past trip we added 2 extra days on at the end in order to spend more time just at the resort. It was incredible. We really love it there!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Sat 20, 2013 9:54 am

We did a non-park day the last time we were there and had a blast! Cbog40 had the most difficulty with riding the ferry from the TTC to MK. He couldn't stand being at the front gate but not being able to go in...but all in all, it was nice to take in some of the other details of the resorts. If we were able to go to the parks as often, we would likely do the same. We had done that in the past with DLR, though it's not quite the same as non-park days at WDW.
Love the pictures! The bread pudding at Ohana looks tasty! (and we like to do the outlet/pin thing too...it was easier back in Vegas, though)

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Jul Sat 20, 2013 12:00 pm

Wow you did a non-park trip right! Glad you had such a great time.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.