Yodiwan1's first family trip 2014!!!

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: Yodiwan1's first family trip 2014!!!

Post by cy1229 » Jun Mon 10, 2013 11:18 am

I'm glad she decided on a 2BR villa. You guys will like the extra space.

If you make ressies at resort restaurants for dinner, you won't have to worry about Marissa's nap habits (or lack thereof, I'm not kidding, my Meghan was only 15 months old when she stopped napping altogether). If you guys decide you want to eat at a park restaurant like, oh, I don't know, 2/3 of Epcot WS, you can always do that for lunch and do a lighter meal for dinner.

I just got a thingamabob in the mail offering us free dining for a lot of different dates through to the week before Thanksgiving. It has a pin number specific to our address on it. I don't know what mailing list we got on for that, but it seems to me that you'll probably be on the same mailing list and hopefully will get that same thing soon.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Jun Mon 10, 2013 12:36 pm

cy1229 wrote:I'm glad she decided on a 2BR villa. You guys will like the extra space.

If you make ressies at resort restaurants for dinner, you won't have to worry about Marissa's nap habits (or lack thereof, I'm not kidding, my Meghan was only 15 months old when she stopped napping altogether). If you guys decide you want to eat at a park restaurant like, oh, I don't know, 2/3 of Epcot WS, you can always do that for lunch and do a lighter meal for dinner.

I just got a thingamabob in the mail offering us free dining for a lot of different dates through to the week before Thanksgiving. It has a pin number specific to our address on it. I don't know what mailing list we got on for that, but it seems to me that you'll probably be on the same mailing list and hopefully will get that same thing soon.
To get that free dining you'd have to pay rack rate for a room...which I would assume comparable rooms to a 2BR Villa at OKW would be extremely expensive and not worth the free dining.

I hope to one day be able to stay in a 2BR Villa at OKW...just because of how big and nice they are. If we can just convince DW's parents to take a WDW trip with us, we could pull it off.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Jun Tue 11, 2013 7:32 pm

So tonight we finalized the reservations. and 2 hours after my MIL calls me to say she messed up the dates and can we move it two weeks later or two weeks before. I said crowds are much lighter in Feb, so lets look at 2 weeks before. I called and they said no problem. SO now we are going Feb7-14. I get to take my DW out one night for Valentine's Day at WDW!!! STOKED!!! Oh, best part..it was $1,000 cheaper!!!!!! :goofy_bounce: :hm_ghost: :hatter_bounce: :ccat: :figment: :nemo: :wave: ...sorry too happy had to use all of those!!!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Tue 11, 2013 8:33 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:So tonight we finalized the reservations. and 2 hours after my MIL calls me to say she messed up the dates and can we move it two weeks later or two weeks before. I said crowds are much lighter in Feb, so lets look at 2 weeks before. I called and they said no problem. SO now we are going Feb7-14. I get to take my DW out one night for Valentine's Day at WDW!!! STOKED!!! Oh, best part..it was $1,000 cheaper!!!!!! :goofy_bounce: :hm_ghost: :hatter_bounce: :ccat: :figment: :nemo: :wave: ...sorry too happy had to use all of those!!!
Sweet! That is very cool that it is all coming together for y'all :D

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Jun Wed 12, 2013 7:57 am

Yeah, and since we're all FL residents, we are going to wait until fall to see what ticket specials there are. Love those 3-4 day passes! it will be cheaper to get 2 three day passes than to get a seasonal pass still if they are close to the prices of this year.
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Wed 12, 2013 8:09 am

yodiwan1 wrote:Yeah, and since we're all FL residents, we are going to wait until fall to see what ticket specials there are. Love those 3-4 day passes! it will be cheaper to get 2 three day passes than to get a seasonal pass still if they are close to the prices of this year.
Since they have already raised the regular ticket prices, will the FL resident passes likely remain the same in price now?

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Jun Wed 12, 2013 5:03 pm

they have been around 109-119 for the past 5 years. the 3 day passes.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Wed 12, 2013 6:05 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:they have been around 109-119 for the past 5 years. the 3 day passes.
Sounds like a very good deal ~ are they hopper passes as well?

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Jun Wed 12, 2013 7:09 pm

nope, but we weren't looking for hoppers. don't want to overload marissa. lol

Cardinals314
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by Cardinals314 » Jun Tue 18, 2013 8:13 pm

Congrats on your upcoming trip. One of the best times to go to Disney is late January and early February. The crowd sizes then are pretty light. It is also the cheapest season at Disney.
My WDW Trip Report March 2013

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Jan Wed 01, 2014 9:49 pm

Wow, so within the past 5 hours our trip has really taken form! The FL resident special came out for 3 days for $129! Well when my friend who is a CM heard that is what we were doing, she realized that a seasonal pass is only about $20 more a person! SO my mother in law said we're all getting passes! The my friend told me that she will still get 40% off of merchandise until the last day of our trip! ...but wait, there's more! She also gets a discount on the dining plan!!! We had no intentions of getting it, after doing the math, just on our sit down meals it will really pay off! $36/person a day, going for 7 days, and we will be having at least 7 table service meals. I had to pinch myself! I am so freaking ecstatic now!!! Since my DSIL and DMIL have foot issues we are also getting an ECV. Thank you to Amy for recommending Mobility Walkers! I really can't wait!!! :ccat: :goofy_bounce: :hm_ghost: :hatter_bounce: :nemo: :wave: :figment:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Thu 02, 2014 6:36 am

yodiwan1 wrote:Wow, so within the past 5 hours our trip has really taken form! The FL resident special came out for 3 days for $129! Well when my friend who is a CM heard that is what we were doing, she realized that a seasonal pass is only about $20 more a person! SO my mother in law said we're all getting passes! The my friend told me that she will still get 40% off of merchandise until the last day of our trip! ...but wait, there's more! She also gets a discount on the dining plan!!! We had no intentions of getting it, after doing the math, just on our sit down meals it will really pay off! $36/person a day, going for 7 days, and we will be having at least 7 table service meals. I had to pinch myself! I am so freaking ecstatic now!!! Since my DSIL and DMIL have foot issues we are also getting an ECV. Thank you to Amy for recommending Mobility Walkers! I really can't wait!!! :ccat: :goofy_bounce: :hm_ghost: :hatter_bounce: :nemo: :wave: :figment:
Wow ~ that is great news! And seasonal passes mean you just might need to return within that year time frame right? I bet you daughter will be so excited when she gets to see her favorite characters in person for the first time :D
I hope Walkers works out for y'all. We have been very pleased with the level of service and the price is quite reasonable.

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Jan Thu 02, 2014 2:36 pm

I could feel your excitement coming out of the computer screen at me!! With that discount on the meal plan it's like you're getting lunch for free... or at least for the price of your tip for dinner. Can't beat that!!

Oh boy oh boy you're going to have FUN! :D
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Jan Thu 02, 2014 9:14 pm

Amy, Walkers told us they need to meet us personally because we are at a Disney property resort. Was that the case with yours as well?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 03, 2014 8:08 am

yodiwan1 wrote:Amy, Walkers told us they need to meet us personally because we are at a Disney property resort. Was that the case with yours as well?
I can't remember if that was the case or not. I'll have to ask Mom. I would guess it is mostly so they can show you how to charge the battery and how to operate it. You just let them know when you are arriving though and it is ready for you at the luggage services desk.
EDIT: Asked Figment this morning and she doesn't remember them ever being there personally. The ECV was just at luggage services. Maybe it is a new policy? Or it is related to where you are staying?