Yodiwan1's first family trip 2014!!!

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Re: Yodiwan1's first family trip 2014!!!

Post by yodiwan1 » Jan Fri 03, 2014 3:24 pm

They told us they need to see us in person to physically give it to us since we are on property. strange
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 03, 2014 5:56 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:They told us they need to see us in person to physically give it to us since we are on property. strange
That is odd. Must be a new policy. Either way, I hope it works out well for you. Much cheaper than renting in the parks, and you have the added convenience of being able to take it to your resort and DTD!

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Jan Fri 03, 2014 8:55 pm

We got the breast cancer pink, extended range heavy duty, canopy. lol I'm going to Disney bling it so we can make sure to find it! lol
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 03, 2014 9:03 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:We got the breast cancer pink, extended range heavy duty, canopy. lol I'm going to Disney bling it so we can make sure to find it! lol
Not sure you will have to put any bling on them if they are already that fancy ;) I don't know if they still do it or not, but when we last stayed at the All-Stars they had balloons at the front desk. You could always get those and tie them on ~ just remember to take them off if you are heading to the Animal Kingdom.

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Jan Mon 06, 2014 9:42 pm

SO I realized I was being very selfish about something. One day for dinner we were going to BOG at 4:15....a very odd hour for dinner. Not a single one of us ever eat that early, but they all said ok since I am the planner. Well, I ate there in September, and I don't need to drag them in there for my sake, so I just cancelled the ADR. In it's place is a 5:30 Crystal Palace. We are already having breakfast there another morning, but I am sure my DD will love seeing them again, and the food looked good. I also added the morning before, the Princess breakfast in Norway at 8:00. This will get us in before the crowd and hopefully out too! I can't wait!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 07, 2014 8:12 am

yodiwan1 wrote:SO I realized I was being very selfish about something. One day for dinner we were going to BOG at 4:15....a very odd hour for dinner. Not a single one of us ever eat that early, but they all said ok since I am the planner. Well, I ate there in September, and I don't need to drag them in there for my sake, so I just cancelled the ADR. In it's place is a 5:30 Crystal Palace. We are already having breakfast there another morning, but I am sure my DD will love seeing them again, and the food looked good. I also added the morning before, the Princess breakfast in Norway at 8:00. This will get us in before the crowd and hopefully out too! I can't wait!!!
Sounds like a plan. You can always eat lunch at BoG one day if the others want to see it. I think you will have more food options at Crystal Palace!

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Feb Sun 02, 2014 9:53 am

4 more days!!! already having trouble sleeping cause I keep thinking of everything to do!!! lol I can't wait to use my new camera for night pics. I took some at the WWE show two nights ago with no flash and on Sport setting and everything came out perfect so I should get some awesome firework pics!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Sun 02, 2014 9:05 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:4 more days!!! already having trouble sleeping cause I keep thinking of everything to do!!! lol I can't wait to use my new camera for night pics. I took some at the WWE show two nights ago with no flash and on Sport setting and everything came out perfect so I should get some awesome firework pics!
Yay! I'm super excited to see what you think of showing WDW to your daughter for the first time ~ and pictures are always the best part of any TR!

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Feb Tue 04, 2014 8:48 am

already had our first hiccup. Our portable crib wouldn't fit in my father in laws car with my daughter in it. We called Disney to say that we would take the crib they originally offered. They said yes. I asked is it a standard full size crib so we can at least bring her own mattress. Ready for this? I am then told its a pack and play! he girl says they are the same thing!!! I looked like a cartoon character with a red face and steam coming out of my ears. Marissa won't sleep ina pack and play anymore and they are very very different, hence the difference in name and prices! SO we ordered a crib to be sent to the room by Kingdomstrollers, and we are bringing our own mattress still with a gate to go around it just in case.

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Feb Tue 04, 2014 9:39 am

yodiwan1 wrote:already had our first hiccup. Our portable crib wouldn't fit in my father in laws car with my daughter in it. We called Disney to say that we would take the crib they originally offered. They said yes. I asked is it a standard full size crib so we can at least bring her own mattress. Ready for this? I am then told its a pack and play! he girl says they are the same thing!!! I looked like a cartoon character with a red face and steam coming out of my ears. Marissa won't sleep ina pack and play anymore and they are very very different, hence the difference in name and prices! SO we ordered a crib to be sent to the room by Kingdomstrollers, and we are bringing our own mattress still with a gate to go around it just in case.
Ok first of all, you're supposed to take Marissa out of the crib before you pack it into your father-in-law's car. :lol:

Second... a Pack'n'play is much too small for a child Marissa's size!!! It was a godsend when my girls were babies, but by the time they were 18 months old, they were too tall to sleep comfortably in it as they only fit smack in the center, lying diagonally. Not enough room for babies that move around when they sleep (which is most of them). Praying the rented crib works out well!! Otherwise you'll be spending your vacation with Marissa sleeping in a "big girl bed" for the first time... not ideal at all! GOOD LUCK!!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Feb Fri 07, 2014 2:43 pm

firt " did that really just happen" moment...we check in, go to our room and bring in all the luggage. We then realist the family before us is still there! 4 cell phones, a purse, all their luggage...how on Earth did this happen?!?!?! well 45 min later, we're in a new room, DD is napping and we have $100 to spend on whatever we'd like! SCORE!!!! gonna go rest up before all of the real caziness begins!

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Feb Fri 07, 2014 4:51 pm

Have a grand time with the little one. :goofy:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Fri 07, 2014 9:03 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:firt " did that really just happen" moment...we check in, go to our room and bring in all the luggage. We then realist the family before us is still there! 4 cell phones, a purse, all their luggage...how on Earth did this happen?!?!?! well 45 min later, we're in a new room, DD is napping and we have $100 to spend on whatever we'd like! SCORE!!!! gonna go rest up before all of the real caziness begins!
Wow :shock: that is a weird one! $100 for 45 minutes of inconvenience isn't too shabby though ~ definitely a nice dinner on Disney for this trip huh? :D

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Feb Sat 08, 2014 9:30 am

Yes have a great time!!!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » Feb Sun 09, 2014 5:14 am

Amy wrote:
yodiwan1 wrote:firt " did that really just happen" moment...we check in, go to our room and bring in all the luggage. We then realist the family before us is still there! 4 cell phones, a purse, all their luggage...how on Earth did this happen?!?!?! well 45 min later, we're in a new room, DD is napping and we have $100 to spend on whatever we'd like! SCORE!!!! gonna go rest up before all of the real caziness begins!
Wow :shock: that is a weird one! $100 for 45 minutes of inconvenience isn't too shabby though ~ definitely a nice dinner on Disney for this trip huh? :D

Thats a lot of Dole Whips..... :D :goofy: